Escape Ⅱ: Goodbye

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Wah~ thanks so much for the 50 subscribers! This meant so much for me! That means you really liked the story even though it’s my first time writing a 2Min story about forbidden love (I still cannot believe how that idea had come into mind. Huh…) so this meant a lot for me!

 

Here is the anticipating chapter you have been waiting for so long.

 


 

As soon as he thought that, he heard a groan.

 

The grip on his hair was slowly loosening and he opened his eyes to see the high council’s face. He had an expression full of shock and pain, his lips coated with blood.

 

His eyes widen to see the blade ing into his stomach.

 

He looked at the guard who was holding him before with the dagger on his throat—he was the same too, except he was already dead, with an opening at his chest – almost as if he burned him through, the metal of his armor melting slowly.

 

He did burn him.

 

He looked back at the high council, his eyes widening in surprise to see Minho behind him.

 

The male slowly turned his head to see who was behind him for all this. His purple, glowing wide eyes met with flaming orange-red irises.

 

“M-Minho! What is t-the meaning of this?” He cried out; crimson blood was seeping out of his mouth and trickling down his jaw.

 

Taemin never thought that the color red could look so beautiful—he quickly shook his head, cursing himself for thinking such ill thoughts of blood being a pretty color.

 

The dark-haired male only smirked, yanked his katana out of his stomach, and dropped the almost dead body to the now bloodstained floor.

 

“Guards! Guards!” The elder demon croaked out, his voice hoarse but it was still audible enough to alarm some guards near the area.

 

Minho turned to Taemin and rushed him, “Go!”

 

“What? No way! You cannot do this alone, Minho-hyung!” He cried, holding his arms as he stared into those orange-red eyes, his expression worried while Minho is serious and firm.

 

“Taemin, you have to. I cannot let you risk your life fighting alongside me.”

 

Taemin shook his head frantically and held onto him tightly. “But I want to. I…I do not want to see you getting hurt! There will be many more guards than you expect and you won’t able to hold them all down!”

 

This was the first time he admitted not wanting to see a Demon getting hurt by his own clan – the first time admitting that there will be too many for him to take care of.

 

He felt Minho’s hands on his shoulders, a warm smile playing on his lips. “I’ll be fine. Thank you for worrying about me, little angel.”

 

Then he felt his bangs parting and warmth on his forehead. Taemin’s eyes widened when he recognized the feel on his skin – it was his lips pressing against his flesh.

 

His cheeks grew red, his heart pounded hard and his mind went blank – all he could focus on was that Minho’s lips were on his forehead.

 

Minho, the royal Demon of the kingdom, is giving an escaping Angel named Taemin, a kiss on the forehead.

 

Taemin’s grasps on his arms loosened slowly until he was finally letting go of him, his arms limp by his side as he stared at the Demon in slight shock.

 

“Don’t keep Joon waiting,” he paused as the duo heard heavy, running footsteps—everywhere—before he continued his words, “Hurry! Your Angels are waiting for you.”

 

Not wasting one second, Minho grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the doors out to the hallway where Joon was impatiently waiting for them.

 

“Well, you two took your sweet ing time. You’re lucky I’m here earlier if it weren’t for two brats coming in my way.” He hissed at Minho who waved him off with a smile.

 

“Stop there!”

 

Minho turned to see the guards running towards him and smirked at the sight before looking at Taemin who stared at him with anxiety. He could see the fear and worry that swirled in those beautifully made brown orbs.

 

As he was closing the grand, jet-black doors, through the small gap he smiled, hearing footsteps behind him. “I’ll be fine, Taem. Hurry and go home and stay safe.”

 

His genuine smile comforted him. Joon took his arm and ran, dragging the boy with him.

 

Taemin looked behind him. The doors were slowly closing and he could see Minho’s back, him holding his katana in his fighting stance. The last he saw was he running towards the guards before the doors closed with a loud bang.

 


 

Key ran with Jonghyun hand-in-hand as they quickly ran in the hallway, on their way to get Taemin.

 

The Guardian could see two small figures running towards them and soon as they got closer, he recognized one of them instantly.

 

“Minnie!” He cried, letting go of Jonghyun’s hand and running forward to the brunet.

 

“Key-umma!” He grinned, racing forward just to get closer.

 

As they got close, they hugged each other tightly, Taemin burying his face into Key’s chest while he held him close, his hair as if he did not want him to disappear out of his arms so quickly.

 

“Oh, my baby, I’m so glad to see you alive!” Key smiled with teary eyes before growing cautious of the other demon that was accompanying him.

 

Taemin caught his gaze and quickly explained to avoid any misunderstandings, “Joon-ssi was just helping me to escape, and it’s nothing more!”

 

His shoulders were no longer tense, but he still felt alarmed.

 

Jonghyun grinned and ruffled Taemin’s hair, “I’m glad to see you alive and well,” he said before turning to Joon. “Where’s he?”

 

The Second-in-Command pointed at the hallway they just came out as he spoke, “He’s in the grounds—you should go and help him out.”

 

The bleached haired dino nodded before turning to Key and Taemin. “I’ll have to go and help him out. Joon will lead out you to the exit.”

 

The duo nodded at this and they all went separate ways: Jonghyun going to help Minho and Joon directing the two angels to get the hell out of the kingdom.

 

“You know,” said Taemin as they ran. “You and Jonghyun seem like a couple,” he teased with a playful smile on his face, causing the Guardian Angel to blush.

 

“We are not! He is just helping me out! I still hate him,” he remarked but Joon scoffed as he ran from behind.

 

“Yeah right, if it weren’t for the holding hands, I’m sure nobody would believe that,” the elder said in his sarcastic tone, causing the younger angel to laugh while Key just muttered a “Shut up!” to the demon.

 

They were so close to the exit, until Taemin noticed a familiar brown haired person. His eyes sparkled at the figure and yelled out, “Onew-hyung!”

 

The male tensed up and turned but relaxed when he saw the duo. Then he tensed up again when he saw who was behind the duo and unsheathed his sword.

 

“Onew-hyung?” mentioned Taemin, as soon they got close. Joon was equally tense as he stared at the male dead in the eyes.

 

He met the tip of his blade, right between his eyes.

 

“Onew-hyung, he’s harmless! H-He helped me escape!” Onew heard the angel cried out. He was somewhat surprised, but he rather expected it, knowing the demon. However, he never wanted to see him again ever since their last meeting.

 

Now, here they are.

 

Go.

 

It was just one word to make his voice sound so stern. Taemin hesitated to move away from Joon but he jumped at his loud voice, “I said, go for goodness’ sake!”

 

Key tugged onto Taemin’s arm, mumbling a “Let’s go” but not without Taemin thanking Joon for everything.

 

Onew waited until he cannot hear their footsteps, until they were safely out of the kingdom.

 

Here, it is just the two of them; Onew staring hard at the elder while Joon just stood, staring indifferently at the blade that was pointing at his face.

 

“So,” Joon said with a dark smirk playing on his lips, “We meet again.”

 

The latter tsk’ed at him, refusing to let down his guard. “Likewise. It has been 24 centuries since we last seen each other.”

 

“24 and a half,” Joon corrected, causing the other to roll his eyes.

 

“Whatever!” He hissed, clearly annoyed with him. “You better have not done anything to Taemin.”

 

The elder simply lowered the blade with one finger, “First of all, stop pointing that stupid sword of yours at me unless you want us to have a simple conversation. Secondly, I did nothing.

 

Lies.

 

Those words never failed to make his heart clench.

 

“Lies…You’re lying, Joonie-ah!”

 

The past was back to haunt him once again.

 

“You’re lying, I just know it!” He hissed before he fully lowered his sword, but his eyes remained cold as ice. Joon stared back at him, but his eyes were full of warmth and hurt.

 

“I am not… Jinki—”

 

“It’s Onew, thank you very much. Jinki was gone a long time ago ever since you lied about loving him.”

 

Joon’s eyes widened at his words—since when had they become so cold? He remembered his words being so warm and soft, that voice called him, “Joonie-hyung~!” all the time.

 

Whatever happened to that?

 

Yes, he lied, but it was for a reason – a reason that he never got a chance to explain.

 

“…I miss you calling me Joonie-hyung, Jinki-ah,” he muttered out softly, taking one-step towards him but he took one-step back, his head shaking frantically in disapproval.

 

“No, you never missed me. Whatever excuse you’re using, I don’t want to hear it,” he scowled at the male before turning his back on him.

 

“I don’t want to see your face, ever again, you cold-blooded bastard.” With that, he left the area, leaving a stunned Joon in the hallway.

 

That was all it took to make him cry as one single tear fell down his cheek.

 


 

Taemin looked out the window of his bedroom, constantly worrying for his hyung. He had hoped he had not gotten into a fight with Joon—he really did help him escape!

 

“Taemin-ah?” He heard Key call out from outside his bedroom door. He pushed himself away from the window, walking over to the grand doors in which he opened to reveal Key holding a rose.

 

“I believe this is yours. That dino told me to take it with me for safekeeping because it’s your ‘lifeline’ or so he calls it,” Key smiled as he held the rose out to him.

 

The younger angel gasped and took the orange-red rose into his hand. “Ah… this—! You have my gratitude, Key-umma! I cannot last a day without reminding myself how kind he was to me.”

 

“…You seem to admire this…demon.”

 

He was unsure—he was grateful for the demon, but at the same time, he was cautious, he could be putting up a stupid act just to capture Taemin’s heart and brainwash him.

 

The light brunet nodded before looking at the glowing rose in his hand. He walked over to the empty flower vase, sitting immobile on his nightstand next to his bed before placing it in the vase.

 

“He gave me happiness when I was struggling in there…he gave me…” Taemin trailed off, looking for the word, but was unable to do so, so he shrugged it off as he went to his other window, where he could see the waterfall outside his window. It was at a perfect distance, one that is not too close so his bedroom will be flooded, and one that is not too far for the angel to reach.

 

He picked up the bowl and gathered the water before gracefully walking back to the vase. He heard the doors closing and he assumed that Key had left for some other matters.

 

As he poured in the water in the vase, and set it down on his nightstand, he jumped onto his bed and stared at it with a content smile on his face.

 

He touched the petals and felt glad that the softness remained. It still reminded him of Minho’s hair and he liked that. His smile faltered a little when he then realized that this might be the last time he will see of him.

 

“Will we ever meet again?” He wondered to himself.

 

No one was there to answer that question—only he was in the room.

 

I do not know, Taemin, his mind & heart spoke out to him, I do not know, but only time will tell.