Unchanged, Yet...

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

“Have you heard?”

 

It was not long since the weeks passed after the whole ‘engagement’ thing between Minho and Yuri. Taemin looked at Jongdae who walked alongside him, Key on the other side, taking in this information as well as the trio walked on the school grounds. They all had scarves around their necks, the chill of winter gradually creeping up behind them. Eventually, it will start to snow down tiny crystals and soft, white fuzzes from the already grey sky.

 

“Heard of what?”

 

“The death of Yuri.”

 

The boy paused in his steps, his eyes nearly glazing over before he feigned shock. “Yuri is dead?”

 

“Yuri is what?” Key shrieked in agreement with his best friend, his feline eyes wide at the brunet.

 

Jongdae let out a sigh, crossing his arms over his chest. “Rumors about her death is all over the academy, and it wouldn’t stop,” he told them before saying this, “But the murder was strange. Her head separated itself from her body and there was no trace of the slayer. I don’t know whether it’s a Demon, but one said that a Demon, who spotted her corpse, saw a black feather upon her stomach.”

 

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows at the description before clamping his lips into a thin line. Yes, he remembered killing her, but he could not remember what pushed him. He could not remember how he killed her, for he fled earlier just after the incident.

 

The only thing he remembers was the rush of adrenaline as blood splattered unto him. He shuddered as he took in the imagery. He did not know that he has separated her head from her body. Just the thought of it made his wings rustle in fear.

 

Jesus,” Key hissed underneath his breath. “I mean, do not get me wrong, I never liked Yuri from the beginning, but to suffer such a death is horrible!” He paused for a second before shrugging his shoulders. “Oh well, serves her right, I suppose.”

 

Jongdae glared at the smirking Key before shaking his head in disbelief, directing his attention back to the younger boy. “I heard that the Legend might be true, relating to the black feather.”

 

The black-haired Guardian Angel snorted, rolling his eyes. “Is it that Angel of Death again? Oh, come on, we all know that the creature died thousands of years ago by a Beast or something of the sorts.”

 

“I know, Key, but I can’t help but think that,” he stood silent for a moment before leaning closer to the duo, his voice low as the crowd of students walked around them, exchanging words about the gossip, “what if the Angel of Death was reincarnated?”

 

Nonsense! It takes mighty power and balls to bring up the blighted thing again into a new form. Heck, if it appears again, we are done for. God bless our soul if we meet eyes with it today! Then it will be creating death all over the place, leaving nothing in its way.” Then he shook his head. “I prefer to not jump to conclusions, thank you very much. I do not need a Halloween special.”

 

Jongdae pulled up a face before looking at the brunet in front of him. “What do you think, Taemin?”

 

He awaited for an answer, but upon seeing his glazed eyes, his brown irises lost into thought, he silently tapped his forehead.

 

Taemin blinked in surprise, backing away from his finger and bumping slightly into Key as he looked at him with large eyes. “What was that for?”

 

“You were daydreaming, or rather, thinking so deeply that it is as if you did not hear me talk at all. Are you okay, Taemin?”

 

The brunet blinked at him before his lips curved into a small smile. “Yes, I’m fine. Sorry, I just had so many things on my mind, what with the preparation for the Grand Festival and practicing my song on the piano,” he told him before looking at Jongdae, “you have just made it worse with the news of Yuri’s death.”

 

Jongdae bit his lower lip in guilt. “Ooh, sorry! I clean forgot about that! I should have known better than to pile more upon your stress. I must apologize.”

 

Key snorted, mumbling underneath his breath. “But that’s not the only thing he’s thinking of.”

 

Taemin glared at his best friend before smiling back at Jongdae. “Aren’t you supposed to be in your vocal lessons by now? I heard you are going to be singing at the Festival!”

 

The male smiled before nodding his head. “Of course, thank you for reminding me.”

 

The younger grinned. “I bet you sound wonderful! It would no sense if girls didn’t fall for you!”

 

Taemin snickered at the redness on his cheeks as he fidgeted with his fingers, stammering before shaking his head to snap himself out of his mode. Then he looked at the pair whilst slowly walking backwards. “I should go now – can’t afford to be late and miss practice!”

 

The duo nodded their head in unison as they said their goodbyes, watching the Angel disappear amongst the crowding students and into the large building. Taemin turned to Key with a sharp glare, crossing his arms over his chest. “What’s up with you?”

 

Key snorted, glaring back at the male. “You will regret doing such a thing with Minho, Taemin.”

 

Of course, he knew. He did not have to ask – he could read minds after all. No matter how much barriers he put up in his mind, the black-haired Guardian somehow managed to break through and infiltrate his thoughts about his secret relationship with Minho.

 

“Well, be quiet about it! Otherwise the same will happen to you and Jonghyun one of these days.”

 

A short ‘ha!’ escaped his lips. “Negative! As if I will let that happen.”

 

Taemin smirked. “Maybe, maybe not. But if I do see you hiding with Jonghyun in a hidden place locking lips, we shall see who will have the last laugh then.”

 

Key’s cheeks went red as they locked eye contact, a mental battle within them as lightning crackled between them. Taemin’s eyes flickered at his best friend’s glowing icy eyes as their lips turned into a scowl. Lately, their love is gradually turning into rivalry and competition ever since Taemin admitted that he loved the Demon.

 

It is as if they are competing on who will break first when they love the latter.

 

“I still don’t trust him,” the Angel said as he broke off the contact, averting his blue eyes to the ground. “He gives me the creeps. I can’t help but want to follow him around to make sure he doesn’t cause any trouble.”

 

Taemin let out a sigh. “He is not malicious. I think you should spend some time alone with him and learn some things about him yourself. It seems that whatever I say, you assume it as Minho telling me lies.”

 

Key looked at him, the blue draining from his irises before shaking his head, avoiding his eyes. It is strange, seeing Taemin now. He seemed much older now and no longer that cute little Taemin who saw the world simply. Since the seal first broke, he is slowly beginning to mature – the proof in his words. It was as if, the Taemin before, his words were a baby-ish level. Now it is as if he is in his teenage years, nearing to become a proper adult. Even his baby-ish wings have grown, looking much wider and mature.

 

The Guardian Angel furrowed his eyes in perplexity when he saw Taemin stretching his arms, his wings opening out as a reflex. His eyes widened to see black feathers over his shoulder, slowly replacing the white. It was only his left wing, and yet…

 

He gulped and averted his eyes elsewhere to pretend that he did not see that. His eyebrows knitted together in fear.

 

Black feathers? Why does his wing have black feathers?

 

Not only that, why does it seems like it is infecting him?

 

Key looked back at the boy who stared back at him with confused eyes, his wings tucked back into his skin. “Hyung? Are you okay?”

 

He stared at him before focusing his eyes to the grassy terrain beneath him. Then he looked at him with a small smile, letting out a small hum. “I’m fine. Tired, I suppose.” Then he asked. “Do you know where Jonghyun is?”

 

Taemin felt his lips curving into a scornful smirk, his eyes narrowing at him.

 

Key groaned loudly, his hand on his forehead. “No, it is absolutely not what you are thinking of, you brat. I just need to talk to him of some things. Important things if you mind.”

 

Taemin knew better than to interfere when he said ‘important things.’ That is his way of saying, ‘Please do not stick your nosy into my business or I’ll skin your hide alive!’ Moreover, looking at his narrowed, feline eyes and his tightened lips, he really meant it. Therefore, he nodded his head and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

“Alright, alright, I won’t bother you two. Must be something really important if that’s what got you riled up all of the sudden,” he told him with a small roll of his eyes.

 

The brunet looked at him and opened his mouth to speak, “Taemin.”

 

Taemin looked at him, turning his body around as he considered going into the school building to take a break from standing outside for too long. “Yes?”

 

He opened his mouth to say more, about the black feathers corrupting the white ones before clamping his mouth shut, disregarding it. He must not worry Taemin and god knows what the Goddess will do to him if he told her about it. That is why it is safer to assume that Jonghyun will keep the secret.

 

In addition, black feathers means misfortune. It also means termination.

 

Although it may seem unbelievable, the thought of his best friend being the Destroyer of Life, the Angel of Death, scared him. Key thought back on Jongdae’s words – maybe it is true the Angel of Death really did come back.

 

Then he shook his head, smiling at the boy who awaited his response.

 

Impossible, he thought. The Angel of Death was alive 1000 years ago. There is no way he could be from that time. He will be too old!

 

“Nothing. Nothing you need to know. You go ahead, okay?”

 

Taemin opened his mouth to reply, but the boy was already gone, dashing out of his sight as quickly as possible. Confused, he tilted his head to the side before shaking his head.

 

“Weird,” he mumbled to himself. “First Minho, now Key. They seem jumpy nowadays.”

 

Then he let out a sigh, shaking his head again. “Must be the cold getting to them – although I doubt that’s highly possible.”

 


 

The bell rang, ending its third lesson of the day.

 

Taemin walked down the hallway, his eyes to the ground as his mind focused on elsewhere.

 

He thought back to the voice in his head on the day he killed Yuri. It was not the woman he always heard or appears when he least expects it. In fact, she hardly came up ever since he received the ice ability. The last time she came out was when he saw Minho dead in his arms.

 

Strange now that I think of it, he thought as he held his notebooks and the Book close to his chest. Right after she told me that he is not, he is alive. I could not have possibly healed him to the point of resurrection, have I?

 

He let out an exhale.

 

That voice before when I called for its help… Why did it sounds oddly like me?

 

It was not long until he felt his head collide into a sturdy chest, him letting out a cry whilst the other let out a grunt.

 

The Book fell out of his arms due to the hard impact, the black-haired Angel stumbling a bit.

 

“Ah, sorry,” he let out an apology, bowing lowly before looking up to meet eyes with the person. His eyes widened to see that it was Jongin, mirroring the same expression as him as he stood there, frozen and rooted to the ground.

 

When was the last time they had spoken together?

 

Taemin could not remember.

 

Oh,” Jongin spoke up, clearing his throat and avoiding eyes with the Angel as he crossed his arms across his chest. “It’s you.”

 

“…Yeah,” Taemin murmured softly, his arms behind his back, clasping his hands together as he too, avoided meeting eyes with him. He noticed some minor changes ever since he last saw him. He grew a bit taller and the horns appeared a little longer and sharper than usual. His black hair went to chocolate brown, slicked back slyly. He looked like a prince.

 

Kyungsoo was sure lucky to have such a nice person like him. Unlike Taemin, he held onto him while he let go of him because his views on him had changed.

 

They did not say anything, just watching as Jongin bent down to pick up the Book along with the others. He stood up and held it towards him. Taemin wordlessly took them into his arms, holding them close like a locked gate.

 

“I… I haven’t see you for so long, Kai,” Taemin finally spoke after an excruciating silence, his brown eyes meeting the Demon’s ones. They were warm with sorrow as they met Jongin’s cold irises. “I miss you talking to you, so much.”

 

Jongin tsk’ed. “Quiet being melodramatic on me, Taemin, and stop with the sappy eyes, it’s gross.”

 

Taemin nearly scowled at him. “I’m not what you think of me to be, Jongin,” he told him, “I would never do such thing!”

 

“But later on in time, you would,” retorted the Demon, his words knifing the boy’s heart. “The moment I saw you, I knew you were different. You had your usual white glow, but no Angel have the glow that mingles with others and deceive them.”

 

Kai—”

 

Jongin shook his head. “Don’t call me that anymore. It hurts.” His eyes averted away from the Angel as he spoke, “It hurts to know that the person I used to love is calling my name like that. The person I call my friend is…”

 

He paused before looking at Taemin with sad eyes. “The person who is standing in front of me,” he said, “is not the same person who smiled at me that day.”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened at his words. Did he claim that he is not the same person? He is the same person, all in mind, soul and body, but he is not the same?

 

No!” The Angel cried out, releasing one hand to grab onto Jongin’s hand, holding it tightly. “I am the same! I am Taemin. It is me who has healed your arm and brought you hope to the world. It is me who made you laugh and even made you feel love for Kyungsoo!”

 

“Then why do you feel different then?”

 

Taemin opened his mouth to answer, but his voice caught itself in his throat, his mind jolted to a stop, as he was unable to speak, his lips wavering slightly.

 

Why do I feel different?

 

He slowly clamped his lips shut, his eyes on his hand that held onto the Demon’s hand.

 

To think of it… why do I feel so different?

 

What is wrong with me?

 

Jongin let out a sigh and pried his hand away from the Angel’s grasp. “Sorry. I need to go to my locker and change my books.”

 

Taemin did not bother stopping him.

 

He stood there as he listened to his footsteps growing further away before he turned to see Jongin’s figure from the distance.

 

Different?

 

He narrowed his eyes at his back as he crept closer to his retreating back, his presence unknown.

 

You say I am different.

 

Taemin’s eyes shimmered cerise as he neared the Demon, his knowledge of Taemin following him from behind neglected.

 

Do you know how different I am?

 

A smile creased his lips as the color of his mouth turned rosy red, complimenting his pale skin.

 

Do you want to know the differences between the two of me?

 

Ha! I’ll show you,” he whispered to himself as he held onto his books in one arm, the other reaching out for his neck. His hand transformed into glass ice, the cold fog emitting out from the icy claws as he neared, his eyes excited.

 

I’ll show you just how different I am.

 

Jongin paused in his steps, his necks having the goose bumps on his skin as he felt the chill that came and went. He turned to the empty hallway, the sight of Taemin gone.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before turning away, shaking his head. “Odd,” he murmured to himself. “I could have sworn—” he paused before overlooking the situation. “Nah, it must be my mind playing tricks on me. That couldn’t have sounded like Taemin.”

 

As he continued to retreat, the brunet peeked around the corner, careful brown eyes watching him before he went back, sliding against the wall. Taemin held his iced hand close to his chest, his eyes wide in fear as he let out shuddering wheezes. He stared at his hand that looked like claws, before they gradually went back to his normal, fleshy hand. He held it close to his thundering heart, his eyes nearly watering.

 

“What’s happening to me?”

 

Jongin is right – I am starting to feel different.

 

He sat there for a while before perking up remembering his next class. “Ah, I have to go!” Taemin stood up and ran out of his hiding spot, going down the direction he was going before to get to his locker to avoid the teacher marking him late to class.

 

However, just right when he saw the stacks of metallic lockers in his sight, a hand grabbed his arm, pulling him in. He let out a gasp as he fell into the room, the door closing in front of him.

 

Taemin turned around to see those familiar brown eyes in front of his face, full of love and passion.

 

Minho.

 

“Min—mph!” He let out a gasp as he felt lips pressing up against him, his back against the wall. He cannot say he did not like it, but his class…!

 

Taemin moved his head forcefully, the books still in his arms as he looked at him with reddened cheeks. “Minho! We cannot! We still have our fourth class to go to!”

 

“Taemin,” his voice was soft, gentle as he caressed his cheeks with his thumbs. “Be with me for now.”

 

“But—”

 

Minho looked at him, silencing him. “I need to be with you. You have no idea how infectious you are to me. This is how I have been feeling before we confessed, and I want to show you how much I love you.”

 

Taemin’s face burned bright red, his words jumbling over and causing a mess.

 

The Demon chuckled. “Of course, we won’t go that far.”

 

Of course not!” The Angel yelled in embarrassment. “We did agree to keep it a secret, but exposing ourselves like that is a bad idea! We cannot afford to let everyone see it!”

 

Going too far would cause the red stain on their hearts. Unless they have a strong spell to mask it, everyone could see it.

 

The first bell for the fourth period rang, startling Taemin.

 

“Oh gosh!” he cried as he turned to face the door. “I need to go, Minho!”

 

Minho grabbed his shoulder, abruptly turning the brunet around more strongly this time. Taemin closed his eyes reflexively as he pressed his lips against his again, his back pressing against the door.

 

“Forget about it.”

 

Minho,” he started, feeling exasperated as he pulled away, but let out a hum as the Demon kissed him again, his large hands gripping his thin shoulders.

 

Taemin could not resist, but he cannot afford to be late!

 

“Stay with me.”

 

“Min—” He failed this time around too as he moaned against the action of the tall male nibbling his lower lip, his hands slowly going down to his arms, rubbing the inner part of his elbows.

 

He must resist! He must resist! He must

 

Hnn…”

 

Taemin gave in, his hold on the books loosening, the objects slipping out of his arms as he began to kiss the Demon back, eyes closed and his cheeks red.

 

The second bell for lateness rang out but they ignored it all. Not even the sound of passing students and yelling teachers that zoomed past the door could get them out of it.

 

Oh, screw fourth period. It can wait.

 

The angel slowly wrapped his arms around his neck as the duo slid down the door of the janitor’s closet. Taemin let out a soft mewl as Minho’s tongue entered the wet cavern, fighting with his own. Saliva dripped down his jaw as he pulled himself onto Minho’s lap, straddling him. His fingers played with the locks as he fell deeper into the kiss.

 

After a while, they broke away, the saliva stretching between their lips as they stared into each other’s eyes.

 

Taemin could not resist his love.

 

Therefore, he kissed him again to return the favor.

 


 

“Explain to me why you suddenly grabbed my wrist on my way to fourth class out into the courtyard again?”

 

Key rolled at Jonghyun’s voice before looking at him. “Something important, okay?”

 

“Then why don’t you tell me about this important thing, hmm?” Jonghyun noted, raising an eyebrow at the Guardian Angel.

 

“How about you shut up and let me speak?”

 

“How about you let go of my ing wrist? We’re already out here and you have been holding onto me for more than 10 minutes,” countered the Demon, smirking at him.

 

Key snapped his eyes towards his hand that still held his wrist. His ears burned as he hastily let go out of it, holding his hands behind his back.

 

“…” He let out an embarrassed growl, pulling up a face before looking at Jonghyun, glaring at the light-haired Devil. Then he spoke, “I have something to say. It is about Taemin.”

 

Jonghyun cocked his head slightly to the side as he knitted his eyebrows together. “What about him?”

 

“Has he… has he been acting a little differently around you nowadays?”

 

The blonde-haired male tapped his finger upon his chin, thinking about the changes in the boy’s patterns before shaking his head with a shrug of his shoulders. “Well, I have not be able to see him for some time, so I cannot say for sure that he seems different. If you mean by his appearance, I can say that he actually looks a lot older than when I last saw him, but for his behavior,” he let out a sigh, “I am afraid I cannot answer you that question. Why do you ask me this?”

 

Key bit his lower lip as he stepped closer to the male. “I… I saw something abnormal earlier this morning.”

 

Jonghyun scanned his eyes and saw the truth mingling with horror and fear. He silently swallowed his spit down his throat and said, “What?”

 

The male looked at him, and for a moment, he did not say anything, nearly making Jonghyun feel nervous for the first time in his life.

 

“I saw black feathers growing upon his left wing,” he spoke after a while to the latter to take everything in at once.

 

Jonghyun looked at him with wide eyes. “Serious?”

 

“What else should be I serious for? There were ing black feathers growing on his wing. Hell, they are infecting the white ones. The worse part of it?” Key paused for a second before hissing. “It is increasing and Taemin doesn’t even know it.”

 

Black feathers?” The Demon repeated, looking away from a moment to think about the situation. He pictured Taemin’s beautiful white wings, big and outstretched. Then the black feathers, starting from his back, replaced the white, corrupting them. “But Taemin hasn’t done anything wrong or fell into the Demon side. I hardly believe this is Minho’s doings because he would kill himself for doing such thing.”

 

Key bit his lower lip as they went silent.

 

Jonghyun looked at Key with grim eyes. “How fast are they growing?”

 

The Angel shook his head. “I can’t tell. It reached just above his shoulder. All I know,” he told him as he looked away. “All I know is that they are increasing very slowly. It’s good, but deadly, because I think they are the reason for Taemin’s changing personality.”

 

Now that he have said it, Jonghyun began to think more deeply. He has become a lot mature, a lot taller (he growled at that one) and much ier. He also became…seductive and a bit lustful.

 

He curses too, not too much but not too little either.

 

Moreover, he cannot help but think that he seems a bit…lethal nowadays.

 

“What should we do with him?”

 

Jonghyun snapped himself out of his thoughts and met worried feline eyes. He looked down at the ground, his eyes following the movement of the grass bustling against the wind.

 

“I don’t know,” he gave up. “I don’t know. I suppose all we could do is… wait.”

 

Key felt defeated. There was a dark, hideous thing growing inside Taemin, and they could do nothing but wait until it grows worse.

 

Yeah, that is a good plan.

 

However, what could he do? He could not risk telling the Goddess about it because then, who will knows what will happen to Taemin?

 

They might sedate him and then put him into that twisted room where banished Angels goes to and… and

 

He let out a whimper. He could not bear to think of it. Just hearing the screams was enough.

 

Jonghyun stared at the shaking Angel before wrapping his arms around him, holding him close.

 

“What should I do?” Key whimpered, burying his face into his chest. “Taemin… I do not know this type of Taemin anymore. He is not my best friend that I have played with since we were young. He is not that little baby anymore. He is… I don’t know!”

 

For once in his life, he felt helpless.

 

People change, which was normal. However, Taemin changing was like a nightmare.

 

He wished he would never change or turn their back on them.

 

However, he has a feeling that it was about to come to that part.

 

“Now he is courageous enough to have a relationship with Minho and love him in secret, I cannot believe that this is the Taemin I knew my entire life since I first met him!”

 

Jonghyun let out a hum, knowing of this part. Minho told him after he forced him, giving up during the moment. He was mad, of course, but nevertheless, had the heart to keep it a secret for him.

 

He was jealous.

 

No, he was envious.

 

How did Minho get what he wants and he does not?

 

How did Minho get to fall in love with an Angel and he has to be the one to hide his love in both his friends and his love?

 

Not fair.

 

That is not fair.

 

Key let out a shocked yelp when he felt hands on his arms, pulled away from his chest and meeting stern eyes.

 

“W-Wha—?” he sputtered out, although his cheeks burned red since his face so close to his.

 

Jonghyun stared into those beautiful, chocolate brown irises that stood out from his milky, smooth skin. He loved the flush on his little nose and the blush on his high cheekbones.

 

Yet, those lips…

 

Those rosy, heart-shaped lips that always called out for him.

 

He wanted them all.

 

He wanted the same thing Minho wanted in Taemin.

 

Likewise, he is going to get it.

 

“Jong—!

 

Key gasped when he felt warm lips pressing against his. His wide eyes stared at the Demon’s closed eyelids.

 

Burning.

 

His body was burning. He felt like he was on fire, exploding like crazy fireworks.

 

Yet, why does it feel so good?

 

Key squeezed his eyes shut as he struggled, his face red.

 

He cannot say he did not like the kiss, but it was strange.

 

So very strange.

 

I cannot…!

 

“—hyun…!” The Guardian Angel gasped once the Demon pulled away, his face burning red. His lips tingled with his touch and his heart thudded so hard against his ribcage that he thought it might break through and escape. “Jonghyun,” he gasped out. “W-Wha—I mean—that…!”

 

Jonghyun merely smiled at the male.

 

“I like you.”

 

Key froze. His body was definitely burning now. Then he began shaking his head madly. “Nononono, we are friends! We are friends! I like you as a friend, not as two people kissing each other!”

 

Since when has he sunken so low? Now he is beginning to sound like a child.

 

“Key,” Jonghyun start to speak in a soft voice. “I liked you even before we were friends. Even during when we were enemies.”

 

The Angel blinked at him, his large eyes staring at his irises, seeing the truth in them.

 

“I hid them away to protect you and myself and force myself to pour hatred upon seeing you, and yet,” he let out a sigh. “I couldn’t. It grew worse when we became friends and I could not do anything. I’ve never felt so helpless, so powerless in my life.” Then he looked at Key with a warm smile. “But that’s okay. Because it is love, and we cannot control love. In fact, it controls us.”

 

The black-haired male stared at him in awe before looking away with reddened cheeks.

 

“Key,” he lifted his head up upon hearing his name. “Can we do the same? What Minho and Taemin are doing now?”

 

He bit his lower lip, his heart aching. “But…what about the consequences behind that?”

 

Jonghyun clamped his lips shut for a second before answering, “I know what will happen. I know they may eventually find out, but...”

 

Key squeaked as he felt his hot breath against his lips.

 

“I can’t hold back my desire for you anymore.”

 

That was all when Jonghyun kissed him again. The brunet stood still, his eyes wide before he slowly melted into the kiss. His eyes grew watery as he clutched onto the male’s shirt, and as he closed his eyes, tears ran down his cheeks as he pressed his lips against his, kissing the Demon back.

 

He felt him smile in the kiss as Key could feel his large hands cupping his face, caressing his rosy cheeks as they gently kissed in the courtyard, with no one but the two of them.

 

I am sorry, my Majesty, he thought to the Goddess as he pulled him closer into the kiss.

 

Nevertheless, I am afraid I cannot abide to your rules anymore.

 


 

The memory of the kiss still burned in Key’s mind even after school finished.

 

The boy unconsciously touched his lips, his cheeks red at how soft they felt upon them.

 

Maybe he really does like him more than he thought.

 

A figure passed by and he looked to see that it was Minho. A sudden urge made him stand up and call out his name before he left the campus.

 

“Minho!”

 

The said male stopped in his tracks and turned around to meet eyes with him, his eyes wide.

 

Key scowled scornfully; somewhat displeased that he is the person who is having an affair with his Taemin. Glad that they are the only two in the area, he said this, “You better not do anything stupid to hurt Taeminnie, you know that?”

 

Minho let out a sigh, rolling his eyes. “Are you that blind to not see that I like him? Why would I do such an idiotic thing?”

 

“Can you keep your words, frog face?”

 

“I’ll make sure I’ll do just that, foxy.”

 

They both scoffed and looked away, crossing their arms over their chest.

 

A small, white fuzz appeared in Key’s view. He looked up at the grey sky to see that it was beginning to snow. His eyes sparkled with delight as he held out his hands to gather the falling snow.

 

He heard a chuckle. He looked to see Minho smiling at him. “You’re like a kid. How cute.”

 

Key grimaced at the childishness, albeit his ears burned in embarrassment. “Shut up, frog,” he bit back, going back to gather the snow.

 

“You know, I wish I could feel the cold.”

 

The Angel froze and looked at him. Strangely enough, he saw that he hardly had any snow on him. When the crystals does fall on him, they melt almost immediately. Unlike him, he has snow covering his body.

 

Except he cannot feel the cold.

 

“…You’re the same as me,” he told him. “My skin is cold as ice, so snow doesn’t melt on me. Yet, I cannot feel the cold.”

 

Minho looked at him with wide eyes before averting his focus towards the silver bracelet. “…Same here. The opposite is that my body is too warm that ice melts on me.”

 

They both stared at each other before seeing each other’s bracelet.

 

The Demon stared at the brunet carefully, examining the features. Milky skin, rosy lips and feline eyes.

 

Why does it feel like he has seen them before?

 

Hyung!

 

It startled him.

 

Hyung?’

 

Minho looked away from the male and stared at his hand that was wet from the melting snow.

 

He peered around the tree, seeing an annoyed boy with feline eyes.

 

“Minho, come on!” he yelled out, pulling up his rosy red lips. “That’s enough now! Appa will get mad if we don’t come home!”

 

He let out a laugh before running over to him, tackling him into a hug.

 

The latter rolled his eyes before smiling warmly, kissing the top of his head. “I love you, Minho, you know that?”

 

“Yes~ I love you, hyung!”

 

He let out a gasp before looking at Key with wide eyes. “Hyung…”

 

Upon hearing that, Key’s eyes went large, swallowing his spit harshly down his throat.

 

No way.

 

He blinked upon a fragmented memory as he stared at the stunned Demon.

 

He held out a toy in front of the younger, his eyes growing larger than usual as they sparkled in delight.

 

“Wah! Hyung! Is this for me?” he cried out as he took the teddy bear into his arms.

 

He let out a chuckle before nodding his head. “Don’t forget it! It is your birthday present after all!”

 

A joyous laugh escaped the latter as he hugged it tight, his brown eyes curved into crescents as he grinned brightly at the blonde-haired boy.

 

“I will never forget it. I won’t forget you either.”

 

Key snapped his eyes back onto Minho, mirroring the same expression as him before his lips. Therefore, he has seen him. He sounded young, though.

 

Does that mean we have…?

 

It was obvious; they must have known each other since young, being so close together.

 

“Minho,” he whispered as he walked over to him, holding his hand. It shocked them, how right it felt. Hot and cold neutralized in their hands, and it scared them. “Who are you?”

 

The Demon stared at him before shaking his head. “I don’t know. However, I do know you. I cannot remember. Who are you?”

 

Key almost felt bad because he was the one who hated Minho with a passion.

 

To think that he will be like this around him after receiving a missing memory that pieces up to a much bigger picture…

 

The Angel stared at him before clutching tight onto his hand. The latter did the same. They felt sudden protection around each other, warmth, friendship, love.

 

They felt everything together.

 

“I should be saying the same thing as you.”

 


 

2MIN, JONGKEY, MINKEY & HORROR. OH GAWD THERE ARE SO MANY!

I don't even know why I'm doing this.

Anyways, yes, JongKey kissed, you can fangirl all you want and do not spoil. Spoiling is BAD, BAD!

And read between the lines and analyse the words, this is why we have English Literature class for a reason, just sayin'.

We can see Taemin is not your usual Taemin anymore. Yeah, it's getting him bad.

 

Anyways, I suppose I shall see you next update then! :D