Scheming

Demon & Angel—Forbidden Love

Taemin stared at the Book in his hand as he sat on the bed. He shivered, tightening the scarf around his neck as the temperature dropped.

 

It was autumn/winter period.

 

Adam yelped and curled into a ball in his lap, hoping to gain more warmth. The angel chuckled at his pet and his curly, brown fur softly.

 

“I know Adam, the weather is wintry. Nevertheless, it will pass soon. I promise that it will go away,” he cooed, kissing the nose of his dog. Adam barked happily in response before looking into the contents of the Book that laid open in front of him.

 

The papers. He fitted the missing pages of the Book and stuck them in, as they were a complete puzzle.

 

❝…What am I going to do? I cannot tell my friends about this! They will be after his head and that is a risk—I have seen him. He has grown stronger and soon, even the Duke and the Goddess cannot win against him. I cannot let that happen! ❞

 

Taemin took an intake of oxygen as he realized that Jonghyun’s conclusion are coming true.

 

❝If only Lu had not me, none of this would have happened.❞

 

God, that is horrible!

 

❝Moreover, what is worse…I…I think I love him.❞

 

God, she is crazy! Taemin thought with furrowed eyebrows. Who fall in love with a person who them?

 

❝I must be crazy. I must be! How could I fall for a… an uncouth being who broke me and stole my purity? This is unacceptable, yet, a day before, I began to like him.❞

 

❝But that is not Lu I fell for. The person who stole me is not Lu. It is someone else entirely, who has his greed for power. I do not know that greedy being.❞

 

Ok, this is creepy, he thought with wide eyes. It was as if she was answering his mind. He flipped the page for the next month of September, which he had read before, so he flipped the pages towards November, passing October.

 

So far, he had read August, September, October and now heading towards November.

 

Why did it feel like the Book is warning him for the future?

 

November 04th XXXX

 

❝How many time do I have left? Five months left. Enough time to live and survive. August 30th. I will never forget that day. I will always despite him in my mind, but love him in my heart.❞

 

Whoever believed that the Spirit loved the Lucifer has proven to be correct, even though she is Lucifer’s enemy as she has rejected his love.

 

❝I knew there was a reason for me to reject his love in the first place. I have expected this outcome and I have tried my best to change him but…I was too late. I must not speak of this anyone. It’s best that nobody knows.❞

 

❝…I think I will stop writing here, just to be safe. I feel as if he is tracking down every word I write in this Book.❞

 

He noticed that that was that, and nothing more. She really did not write anything more than that. He frowned. She could have at least given him clues or something! However, he thought that it was for the best. If it is true that she could feel Lucifer tracking her down, then she will have to stop writing for the sake of her life and her baby.

 

He wondered if it ever did survive.

 

He closed the Book with a sigh, leaning into his bed. Reading so many problems in that manuscript just made his head hurt.

 

A chime rang by the window. He looked to see an orange flame hovering by the curtains, the material unharmed by the of the fire. Both the amber rose and pendant glowed in sight of that.

 

He smiled to himself. Must be Minho, he thought as he walked over to the flame, poking it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Taemin?”

 

If he could swoon at the sound of his voice calling his name, he would. Instead, he kept his posture.

 

“Hmm? What do you want of me? And how did you even know how to contact me?”

 

He heard a chuckle from the other end. “I have my ways,” he told him, indirectly answering the question.

 

The brunet scowled. “Sometime I would think you are a stalker, Minho,” retorted Taemin, ruffling his black hair. He had tried dying his hair back to brown, and it worked shortly because after an hour, it went back to black. He knew that it was hopeless trying to dye repeatedly if the result is going to be the same.

 

In addition, he will get sick which all those chemicals and whatnots inserted into his skin.

 

“Anyway, what’s up?” He asked as he looked at his rings, twisting the rosary ring on his index finger with his thumb while staring at the friendship ring on the ring finger.

 

“Um,” he stared. Taemin could imagine Minho fiddling with his chains as he heard the soft tinkling of metals in the background. “I have…a big problem.”

 

He rose an eyebrow. “Really?” This is unexpected. “What kind of problem?”

 

A sigh. “You know Yuri, right?”

 

The angel let out a groan. Just hearing the name almost made him want to hang up the call. “Alright, what had the done now?”

 

Minho let out a hearty laugh, pleased that the latter felt the same. “I’m glad you feel the same. She kept being around me all week and I am pretty getting sick of it. I thought she would back off since that incident”—Taemin let out a shudder at the remembrance of it. It was an intense moment and he really did not want to witness a murder—“But it turns out that she’s more fearless than I thought. Hell, she’s even asking my Father for an engagement!”

 

 

Jealous mode: activated.

 

 

“She did what?

 

 

Minho pulled away from the light yellow flame that roared suddenly, rolling over in his bed. He let out a chuckle, sensing his seething envy as he looked at the bubbling fire.

 

 

“Sounds like somebody’s jealous.”

 

 

Taemin’s face exploded, burning red. “Me? Jealous? Why I—pfft, I am not jealous! What made you think that?”

 

“Taemin, your fire is literally bubbling over my mattress,” he deadpanned. “I didn’t even know that it produces harmless lava!”

 

He stood silent, biting onto his lower lip. Okay, so maybe he was a little bit jealous.

 

Oh, screw everything! Who cares if he denied it any longer, he is fuming.

 

“Uh, Taemin, you need to calm down. Your emotions is making the flame look like it’s going to explode.”

 

He gasped at the sound of that and closed his eyes shut, breathing in and out to calm his nerves. He can think badly of Yuri for another time, now is not the time to make the other end of the flame look like it’s going to blow up that it’ll set the whole Demon Kingdom aflame.

 

“That’s better,” Minho let out a relieved sigh. “Wow, you’re really pissed off at Yuri, huh?”

 

“If you’d seen my annoyance during my fight with her and the way she plays with men, you would know how much I truly detest her. Key-umma would agree with me on that,” he hissed. He let out a sigh and stared out the open window. The once green leaves gradually turned to amber brown as a signal that autumn season is in, nearing to winter. “What do you want me to do?”

 

He heard a soft hum, followed by silence. Then he spoke, “How about you crash over and I’ll tell you.”

 

The young angel scoffed. “You want me to fly over to you in this ungodly weather? Have you not gone outside? I’d freeze the moment I open up my wings!”

 

“Then wear something warm, you idiot,” the Demon deadpanned, causing the Angel gasped in irritation. “It’s not like you’re going to die from the silly cold anyway.”

 

“As if you never felt the cold!”

 

“…”

 

His eyes widened at the bitter silence.

 

He…he never really felt the cold?

 

“Even if I did, I wouldn’t notice.”

 

Taemin bit his bottom lip again before whispering, “I…I’m coming over. See you.” With that, he engulfed the flame with his whole hand, extinguishing it before hurrying to get ready to meet the Demon.

 


 

“When I said that you can crash over to my place, I didn’t mean to literally crash into my bedroom.”

 

Taemin looked up from the ground, surrounded by shattered glass as he glared at the smirking Demon in front of him. He puffed, his bangs flying upwards before they plopped back against his forehead.

 

“Gee, thanks for the friendly reminder,” he told him sarcastically. “I think I just cut one of my wings,” groaned Taemin as he sat up on the floor, rubbing his head.

 

Minho frowned at the sound of that. “Do you want me to check for any injuries? It would be troublesome if you couldn’t fly back home.”

 

The angel nodded, opening up his wings whilst rubbing his head, his eyes closed in pain. “Please do,” he told him, allowing the Demon to examine his wings.

 

The dark-haired male went around the boy and touched his wings, feeling the soft feathers underneath his fingertips. He chuckled to himself when he felt them rustle to some extent, knowing that Taemin had felt his touch. He pressed them gently in each spot, to make sure, if any areas of the limbs had hurt. As he looked at the left wing, his eyes widened somewhat as he saw them.

 

No, it was not blood.

 

In fact, it was much worse.

 

“What?” Taemin noticed that he stopped feeling his wings to find some sore spots, worried if he has actually cut off his wings in the process. “What is it?”

 

Minho gulped wordlessly as he stared at the limb extending from the angel’s shoulder blades. He watched as from the shoulder blades, black feathers replaced the white ones. In addition, they were slowly expanding without the angel’s notice of them. They were not in the angel’s sight yet, if he were to look at himself in the mirror, but they were just below his armpit, between his left arm.

 

He decided to keep quiet about it to protect Taemin and not get him worried about it. Truthfully, he is worried about it. Whatever happened to Taemin that made his left wing start to gain black feathers? It may seems like it is nothing, but they are expanding in a time-consuming, yet terrifying speed.

 

It almost like an incurable, unidentified syndrome that is spreading throughout his veins.

 

He snapped out of his thoughts when Taemin’s worried voice came from the boy who shyly looked over his right shoulder. “Minho, you’re scaring me. Is it bleeding? Did I miss a lot? Is it broken?”

 

The Demon stood soundless for a moment before shaking his head, patting his wings. “No, it’s nothing. Your wings are fine. I was just…mesmerized,” he lied between his teeth as he looked at the angel’s face with a grin.

 

Taemin snorted with a roll of his eyes and folded in his wings. “I get it, my wings are too pretty that you decided to stare at them,” he said whilst shaking his head. “Sometimes I wonder what is going on in your head.”

 

It is best that you did not; Minho mentally frowned at the thought of Taemin looking into his mind. He should also stay away from his best friend Kibum, for he told him that he has the power of telepathy, something like that.

 

“Anyway,” the boy started as he turned around to face him. “What do you want me to do to get rid of Yuri once and for all?”

 

Minho smiled at his answer. “You really want to help me out, don’t you?”

 

The angel glared at him with reddened cheeks. “You’re the one who called me for help, what does this have to do with me?”

 

“Because you were eager to get Yuri to stay away from me,” mentioned the demon, causing the latter to flush red.

 

Taemin did not know that. Maybe the way he burst in gave that away.

 

“...Oh,” he whispered, looking down at his lap in embarrassment.

 

Minho chuckled at his reaction while examining his features. Innocent-looking eyes, plump lips and nice skin. He already had an plan on how to make Yuri stay away from him, but he knew that it’s something the angel will scorn him for, considering the fact that he hadn’t done this type of thing for a while.

 

“Taemin,” he said as he grabbed the angel’s hand, taking him by shock when he abruptly pulled him up from the floor and dragged him towards the door. “I have to do this for you to make the first chore of our plan complete.”

 

Taemin blinked perplexedly at him as he felt his hand moving onto his shoulders, massaging them as Minho took him into another room, which is much more private and secluded. “Uh, okay? You already have a plan?”

 

The Demon let out a hum in agreement, a face masked of guiltiness unseen by the latter. “You will hate me for this once I do it.”

 

“Come on, what could go wrong? I would not hate you because of it.”

 

Minho looked as Taemin pulled away from his hands and turned to meet eye contact with him, a smile on his face. “Are you sure you want to do this? It’ll be only for a short while.”

 

He nodded, although he is a bit wary of what he is going to do in order to complete the first task of his plan.

 

“Alright, you asked for it. Now close your eyes. It will not be long now. …It may hurt a little.”

 

“What?” His eyes snapped open in shock before Minho covered them with his hand.

 

“Nothing, nothing. It is not like that. I meant to say you’ll feel ticklish in… certain areas.”

 


 

“…”

 

“…”

 

Taemin glared at Minho through the mirror before darting his brown eyes back to himself. Even his own voice sounded higher than usual as he spoke.

 

I hate you.”

 

Minho sighed with a small smile on his face, shaking his head in disbelief. “I knew you would say that…”

 

Taemin glared at his changed reflection with such odium that Minho thought that he would be burning two holes into the glass.

 

The angel—no, demon—stared at his own reflection, his thin, bat-like wings out in the open. Whilst it is astounding that Minho has the ability to change him into a different person and do a few changes to his appearance, one… flawed change ticked him off.

 

He made him a girl.

 

A girl.

 

No, not cross-dressing.

 

A fully-fledged woman, with s and hips and a… you know.

 

It is a miracle that his face looked the same, and as much as he hate to admit it, he really does look like a woman. Even if he changes his gender, it is always the same.

 

Taemin touched his chest, where he felt two hard lumps, amazed by his change.

 

Since when were they so big? That does not help me at all! He thought uneasily with a reddened face.

 

His black hair has not changed much, but they were stylishly wavy and short, the locks tousled between the two horns on the side of his head. There was no major changes aside from changing his race and gender for the day.

 

He was actually glad that it is only for today. It would have been a disaster if he were stuck like this for a while.

 

 

He would not mind though, if it means being with Minho.

 

The younger felt his face flush red at the thought before mentally pushing it away, tucking his wings back into his skin.

 

Now is not the time to do this.

 

 

(A/N: Okay, from here, Taemin will be a ‘she’ instead of a ‘he’ for this chapter and the next. For this chapter and the next only, and nowhere else. This is the only time Taemin will be a girl, aside from cross-dressing.)

 

 

“I can see why you chose to do this,” stated Taemin as she examined himself—or…herself. “In order to make Yuri back off, you have to prove that you already have a lover and make it as realistic as possible for her to believe you,” she paused for a moment before looking at Minho. “Am I right?”

 

Minho stared at him, almost hypnotized at the majestic masterpiece in front of him before stammering with a nod, “U-Uh, yeah. T-That’s right.”

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow before pouting, crossing her arms over her chest, her s squeezed closely together from the gesture. The Demon gulped, averting his eyes elsewhere to prevent the latter catching his lewd stare.

 

Right now, he is being a ert.

 

“You know, since you do not seem like you are happy with this plan, I could change you back and just make you wear a dress. You are pretty enough as it is, anyway,” he offered, feeling a bit bad since Taemin still did not look happy.

 

The female looked at him before smiling, patting his chest. “No, this is fine,” she told him, walking around him with a hand fixing up the buttons of her white shirt. “But I don’t think these clothes will be convincible enough to fool Yuri.”

 

As Minho examined his clothing, he realized that he was right. It is not foolproof that she is a Demon and not an Angel changed into one as a part of the plan. No Demons would wear white. It will have to do with a new set of clothes.

 

The dark-haired male nodded his head in agreement. “You have a point. I will try to find an outfit for you.”

 

Taemin nodded as she focused out the window, seeing the destruction and the ruins of the rural area. It was worse than when she came to visit last time. She frowned, hoping that someone will find another way to keep the peace rather than this.

 

Maybe she could, if she tried.

 

“…Alright,” she answered as she turned her back onto the Demon, her hands on the buttons as she began to them. Best to change out of them now than to keep wearing it to avoid suspicion.

 

The black-haired female heard footsteps echoing from behind along with the click of the lock and the creaks of the opening door as the shirt slid off her shoulder. Taemin shivered from the cool air that made contact with her bare skin.

 

“Taemin.”

 

She turned, clutching onto the shirt to conceal her exposed s as she looked at Minho with answering eyes, her eyebrow raised at his serious voice.

 

Minho averted his eyes to the polished floor for a second, biting his lower lip before bringing them back upon the girl, a warm smile on his face. “Thanks for helping me,” he acknowledged her with a small nod. “I appreciate your enthusiasm with the plan.”

 

Taemin’s eyes widen slightly at his sincere thanks before smiling at him, clutching tightly onto her shirt. She bowed to him a bit before standing up straight. “You’re welcome,” she said as she gazed at the Demon. “I would do anything for you, Minho.”

 

The Demon felt his heart thud at her line. He kept his composure as he nodded, closing the door behind as soon Taemin slipped off her shirt. He let out a soft sigh, shaking his head as he crammed the rule inside his head.

 

A kiss was enough. He could not add fuel to that to create havoc.

 


 

Taemin tugged down the skirt, feeling a bit uncomfortable of how it barely covered her thighs. She rather wear jeans than to have men observing her like it is a normal thing.

 

Even worse, they are demons.

 

She glared at Minho who shrugged at her. “Hey, it was the only thing that is suitable enough for you. Would you rather wear revealing outfits and be on the spot?”

 

The dark-haired female shuddered at the intense memory of Daehyun being the first to do that. “No thanks,” she answered instead, smoothing down her black shirt to make herself look sophisticated. “But I would like it if you got jeans for me.”

 

“Then have them suspect why a female Demon is covering her entire body,” he snorted. “Sure, that’s a good plan.”

 

Taemin grimaced at his reply, albeit, if she think about it now and looking at the royal female Demons, she supposed that he did have a point. None of them ever wore jeans, and when they do, they do not wear them simple and plain. There would be gashes mostly on the back, just enough to show a lot of skin and call the men out for lust of .

 

She cannot help but think that it is excessive. If they wanted some, they will ask for some. Why do such thing to get themselves into trouble?

 

The black-haired female sighed, shaking her head in disbelief upon witnessing a female Demon grinding up a guard, as she and Minho walked down the corridor. She glanced away when she accidentally caught a glimpse of pink between their mouths, the guard’s hands inside her shirt and the female’s hands dug into his pants as they immersed themselves into a heated, ual session.

 

Taemin stopped when Minho stopped, the duo near the throne room. She tilted her head when the Demon turned around to look at her with a warm smile.

 

“Wait here,” he said. “I almost forgot something before we move on.”

 

She snorted. “All right, leave me defenseless and have guards pounce on me ually. Sure, that’s a good plan,” she mocked his voice from earlier on his style of choosing clothes for her. She giggled when Minho waved her off as he brushed past her. Taemin bit her bottom lip upon feeling the softness of his hand lightly holding her hand, giving it a quick squeeze before it vanished within a second.

 

Taemin looked around the hallway that led to the interior of the throne room, where she knew that the Duke resides in for most of the times.

 

I wonder, she thought as she began to think about the Book, why is my Mother and the Duke so full of hatred against each other? I mean, this could be a coincidence, but my Mother has been looking sad recently.

 

Then she turned her head to face a mirror that was not far from her left, the reflection in her vision. It scared her too much of how much she looked like the woman in the picture even with minor changes.

 

Could it be that she misses her?

 

She scowled. The more she stalls on her purpose, the more mysteries they will hide. She will have to act fast.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Taemin turned around to face the source of the voice. She let out a gasp upon seeing the Duke in front of her.

 

She saw his eyes widening at the sight of her and his lips parting slightly. The female crossed her legs whilst standing up, almost aware that she is wearing such a short skirt.

 

However, she also feared that the Duke knew of her real identity. There is no way he would not forget how her face looked like when she is a male.

 

He gradually rose a hand, a finger pointing at her as he let out a shocked gasp.

 

“Tae…”

 

Taemin tensed up at the first three letters of her name.

 

He could not have…! If this gets out, I am done for!

 

“…Taeyeon?”

 

She was not expecting that.

 

Taemin looked up at him with confused eyes. That was his planned alias as he discussed it with Minho before they came out. “How do you know my name?”

 

The Duke gazed at her. “Y-You’re not her?”

 

The ‘once angel-male, now demon-female’ shook her head perplexedly, albeit he now knew of the woman in the picture. Taeyeon… so that is her name.

 

Taemin sighed mentally to herself. I keep forgetting that I resemble exactly like her… no wonder he would be shocked.

 

What happened to her that the Duke looked so shaken to see ‘Taeyeon?’ She thought before fueling her determination to find out the secrets. This is getting serious. I need to get this done soon.

 

Then she smiled at the Duke, twirling a lock of her short, black hair. However, that shall wait. I need to help Minho with his plan.

 

“I do not know who your ‘Taeyeon’ is, but I am definitely not her,” answered the young girl, trying to be as polite as possible. “So you have gotten the wrong person.”

 

He stared at her for a while before lowering his gaze to the floor. It almost surprised Taemin to see sorrow and disappointment in his eyes before he looked away, clearing his throat as if to get rid of his embarrassment. “Right,” he spoke up after a minute of silence. “Oh, my mistake. I thought—you look just like her that I was surprised to see her appearance change so drastically—”

 

The Duke paused in his sentence, feeling as if he has given out of his biggest secret before shaking his head. “No, never mind. Just thought you were a friend of mine. I apologize,” he responded to her with a small sigh.

 

Taemin nodded slowly before bowing slightly. “I should go now; I might trouble you for staying here too long.”

 

“Wait!”

 

She paused, scarcely turning around as she looked back at the Duke with raised eyebrows. “Yes?” she answered him, almost scared of what he is going to ask of her.

 

“Why are you here… Taeyeon? Are you waiting for someone?”

 

Taemin can sense that it was awkward calling her by that name. When you have a person with the same name and you have no idea what happened to them that made them so sad, it bound to make them a lot more awkward and hard for them to avoid imagining the person in front of you.

 

Even worse, you are a duplicate of that same person.

 

“I am here for Minho. He asked me for some… help, if you put it that way,” she answered with caution, not wanting to spill her identity.

 

The Duke hummed before smiling. Taemin’s heart thudded at the sight of his smile. If he were not so rude to him before when he first came here, he would have fallen for him.

 

“I see,” he responded. “I’m guessing it’s because of Yuri, I see.”

 

Taemin’s eyes widened. “How did you—?”

 

He chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. “I saw her intentions before she even talked to me about engagement with my son. She is beautiful, I admit, but her greed is unbearable. I can’t let her get married to a woman like that.” Then he said, locking eye contact with her. “Even if it’s for a day, I hope you make her stop coming to the castle. We’re all annoyed with her as it is.”

 

As am I! She sneered in her head whilst smiling at the Duke. “I will do so, your Majesty.”

 

“Father!”

 

The duo turned to see Minho walking toward them, a small box in hand. He smiled at Taemin, his arm wrapped around her waist. The female had to control her blush, even though she is failing miserably. “I see you already met Taeyeon. Isn’t she a beauty?”

 

God, he is definitely trying to kill me, thought Taemin as he felt the inside of his stomach burning with embarrassment.

 

“Yes, she is, indeed,” chuckled the Duke. “Keep a good watch on her, will you? Can’t afford to have a certain witch scratch her face.”

 

Taemin brought up her hand to to stifle her laughter whilst Minho just grinned, seeing the subtle hint in his words. “I will, Father.”

 

As they turned to part ways, Taemin glanced back to see the Duke’s eyes to the ground, irises shining with wonder and sorrow. Biting her lip and holding tight onto Minho’s hand, she called out to him, “Hey!”

 

The Duke looked at her with wide eyes. The female only smiled at him, her cheeks red as she requested him, “Smile more. You’ll look more handsome that way.”

 

Of course, she would never live to see the day where he actually blushed.

 

“A-Ah,” he whispered out softly before smiling bashfully. “Y-Yes…! I will do that.”

 

Taemin nodded happily before sending him farewells. Minho looked at her with raised eyebrows, clutching onto her hand. “Why do you do that?”

 

“Just because,” said the younger, who shrugged her shoulders as they went out to expose themselves in front of Yuri. “I prefer if he smiled. It’s easier to bring up his mood than frowning all the time.”

 

Minho stared at her before chuckling. “I wonder why you are my friend.”

 

Taemin smiled. “Because I’m different,” she answered him.

 

The Demon examined her warm smile before averting his eyes to their intertwined fingers. Then he smiled, looking away as he tried to mask the blush and to prevent it from reaching his horns as he hummed.

 

“Of course.”

 

Taemin looked up at him before biting her lower lip.

 

She was not worried about the plan. She was not worried about what Yuri would do to her if she found out and she was alone with her.

 

She was worried that her secret may be exposed. Not only the fact that she actually is a ‘he’ turned into a female Demon from a male Angel, but her secret of loving a Demon when she is an Angel.

 

She is worried that she may not be able to hold it in.

 

Moreover, she knew that it would not last either.

 


 

I AM TERRIBLY SORRY!

I HAVE LEFT YOU GUYS WAITING FOR LIKE THREE MONTHS AND I HAVE NOT UPDATED!! @ A @ ;;

Stuff happened: me going into my last year of high school, putting What's My Story on hold, having a new fanfiction in draft (because of WMS) -- too much happened. Orginally, I was supposed to post for WMS before this, but then I had writer's block for days that no fresh ideas were coming. That's when I had to put WMS on hold because I actually had another idea that I wanted to write for Asianfanfics.

Ugh, drama will be the death of me.

But at least I gave you a chapter! This time, the Fem!Taemin edition! It's only for the plan, don't worry, he wouldn't be female permanently.

And then you'll have to wait again, ughhhhhh I wish I was focused more on my stories. It'll save you readers a lot of trouble, wouldn't it? The next chapter will, obviously, be the starting of the plan to get rid of Yurik once and for all! /laughs evilly---hackcoughcough/

Well...

See you next update then...? ; n ; I'm really sorry for this late, y update...

IN THIS CASE, HERE'S TAEMIN AS A GIRL!

  

okay bye.

(PSST. I MAY BE CHANGING MY USERNAME IN THE NEAR FUTURE, JUST LETTING Y'ALL KNOW!)