Chapter 46: Final

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX: FINAL

"Omma, where are we going again?" Jinae asked as Eun Ae was fixing her daughter's dress for her. Eun Ae looked at her daughter in the eye and gave her a small smile. "We're going to meet your grandparents today, and possibly your aunts. Do you want that?" Jinae smiled brightly, something Eun Ae had always wanted to see from her daughter. This brought joy to Eun Ae. She tucked in strands of hair behind her hair and stood up. 

She took her purse from the couch and held out her hand, "Shall we go, baby girl?" 

Jinae took her mother's hands and held it tightly in hers, smiling brightly like the sun. 

"Let's go, omma!" 

Eun Ae chuckled and tugged on her daughter's hands and walked towards the door, closing it behind her before going to the elevator. While they were waiting, she heard her phone ring from her purse. She looked at her daughter and said, "Mommy just has to take this call, neh?" Jinae nodded and obediently let go of her mother's hand to let her get her phone from her purse. When she got a hold of her phone, she smiled. 

Jiyong. 

She answered and greeted him warmly, "Oh, Jiyong-ah." By hearing her loving father's name, Jinae looked up at her mother, while Eun Ae caught her daughter smiling while looking at her. Eun Ae chuckled and said, "Well, I guess your daughter's pretty excited to see you today." Eun Ae caressed her daughter's hair while talking to Jiyong on the phone. 

"Oh, Jinae's there? Can you put me on speaker?" Jiyong asked. 

Eun Ae nodded and put it on speaker phone so the daughter and father could talk, "Hello? Baby girl? Are you there?" Jiyong greeted in his usual bright voice. Hearing her father's beautiful voice, Jinae grinned and clasped her hands together while hugging her doll with her arm, "Appa?!" She exclaimed as she leaned forward to Eun Ae's phone, not wanting to be unheard by her father. 

"Aigoo, my little princess. How are you?" Jiyong asked in a cutesy tone. 

Jinae giggled and responded, "I'm happy as Yongie, appa!" (A/N: If you remember, Yongie is Jinae's doll. Refer back to chapter 42 if you don't.)

Jiyong chuckled and said, "Aigoo, I can tell my daughter is very happy today. Are you and omma going out without appa?" He asked, making Eun Ae amazed for each smiling face Jinae could do just for talking with Jiyong. It still fascinates her how fate brought her and Jiyong together in the most unexpected circumstances of all. They still have a long way to go, having to discuss what's going to happen with their relationship, but as of now, she had to fix her family first. 

She had to fix whatever's coming through with her family members, and then she could breath freely and live a good life with Jiyong and Jinae. 

"Neh! Mommy said we're going to meet halmeoni, and harabeoji today! Also my aunties! I'm excited appa!" As Jinae spoke louder, the door of the lift opened and Eun Ae was forced to walk inside while Jinae was in tow. Eun Ae chuckled and continued to hold out her phone for Jinae. "Appa! Appa! I want to see you! Can't you come with us?" Jinae pouted in front of the phone. 

"Aigoo, your daughter here is doing her best to make you give in, Jiyong-ah." Eun Ae spoke, making Jiyong chuckle on the other line. The three of them continued to enjoy their talk up until inside the car. Jinae held Eun Ae's phone at the back of the car, while Eun Ae drove listening to Jiyong's and Eun Ae's interesting conversation. Hearing the both of them talk as if nothing was happening, as if nothing was bound to happen, gave her inspiration and motivation. 

It gave her strength, knowing she now had someone beside her. Knowing that she will always be loved unconditionally. 

~•~•~•~

Eun Ae and Jinae have already arrived at the mansion, the maids letting their old young miss back inside. "Omo, you've grown beautifully young miss!" Making Eun Ae blush. She held her confused daughter's hand and smiled at the maids. She bowed and looked down at her daughter, "Jinae, these are the people who took care of omma when she was still little like you." Jinae looked at the maids and smiled. 

She bowed, shocking the maids. "Omo! Young agashi, she doesn't need to bow to us. If anything, we need to bow to her!" One of the maids exclaimed. 

Eun Ae shook her head and gave her a smile, "Don't worry. You don't have to treat me so carefully now. I'm fine, and thank you for keeping up with me all these times. I missed all of you." Eun Ae stated sincerely, making the maids shake theirs heads. "Aigoo, young miss. Even if you were a ball of misery when you were young, you don't have to worry about it. You were always a good child, always remember that agashi." 

Eun Ae smiled and nodded, "Thank you." She bowed, while the the maids smiled at her. 

"Ah, enough of this, Mr. Moon should be inside his study room, while Mrs. Moon is out with a business conference. She should be back in an hour or two." Eun Ae nodded and said, "Thank you, but can you please bring Jinae to the living room first?" She looked down at her daughter and crouched down at her level, "Baby, I'm just going to have a talk with harabeoji, arasso? Omma will be back and you can meet him too, okay?" 

Jinae nodded and said, "Arasso-yo." 

Eun Ae cupped her daughter's cheeks and kissed her forehead, "Good girl. Now, go with ahjumma, okay?" Jinae nodded and took one of the maids that took care of Eun Ae when she was little. Eun Ae smiled and looked around the house, not seeing much difference after she and her oppa ran away from home. She smiled to herself and invited herself inside the cozy mansion. She walked towards the left of the mansion and bit her lip. 

She stood in front of two big brown doors, hesitating whether she should knock or just go in. 

She sighed heavily and encouraged herself, "You can do this, Eun Ae. For the sake of your family. For Jinae. For oppa." She nodded to herself and knocked on the big doors twice, before she heard her father's voice, "Come in." She heaved a deep sigh and slowly opened the doors, peaking inside before letting herself in. She saw her father blankly looking at a framed picture on his desk while files were neatly placed in front of him. 

She walked inside and bit her lip as she closed the door behind her. Mr. Moon looked away from the framed picture and sighed to himself. He looked up and was sure shocked to see the exact same person he was looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter