Chapter 24

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Eun Ae was just inside her room, bumming around when she heard her brother screaming. She furrowed her eyebrows and rolled her eyes. "What are they fighting about now?" Eun Ae muttered as she sighed. Even if she was used to the use of high pitched voices around the house, she still doesn't know the reasons behind those... 

Even if she was curious, she could careless. She had her own fair share of problems anyway. But what intrigued her was when Dong Wook called her name. 

"NO! She's coming with me and we're going to leave this house together!!" Dong Wook yelled. Eun Ae furrowed her eyebrows and stood up from the chair beside the window and slowly walked up to her door and slightly opened it to see her oppa and her parents facing each other.

She raised her eyebrows as she listened to them arguing. "No. That's final Dong Wook, don't cross the boundaries." Their father said in a monotone.  Just hearing him makes Eun Ae's blood boil. She didn't hate her parents, but she doesn't like them either. She never found comfort nor love with her parents, but for some odd reason, she found it in her half brother, Choi Dong Wook and his idol colleagues. 

Though she didn't want to admit it, she was slowly letting her mask fall into the pit. She was slowly opening up to a whole new beginning, but there was still something stopping her. 

She didn't want to fall in love. 

She didn't want to hurt herself in the long run. 

She was scared of getting hurt and that's what triggers her lies. She lies to prevent from getting hurt. 

Her white lies aren't sinful. Of course, it is a sin to lie, but is it a sin to protect one self? Is it easy to lie just for your own selfishness? No. She admits that she hates lying to people, but what can she do? It was in her nature. 

To lie. 

To protect herself from people who might hurt her. 

She was suddenly snapped out of her trance when her door opened. She looked up and saw her brother with his straight face on. An expression that he never gives out unless the situation is serious. Not only that it shocked her to see him in that state, what shocked her more was what he commanded. 

"Pack your bags and you're coming with me. NOW." 

Eun Ae, who was more than willing to go out the house rushed towards her closet and took her large suitcase and started to throw her clothes and accessories inside it, not even minding if her clothes got crumpled or not. She was more than happy to get out of this house. To get out of this hell hole called her 'home'. She started to put her shoes and heels in a different set of suitcase and took most of her belongings and made it fit in two of her luggages and placed her basic neccessities in one of her hand carries. A few minutes later, she was done and all she had to do was change her clothes and wash up. 

She was about to go to the washroom when her brother went inside her bedroom and said, "What are you doing? Let's go." Eun Ae raised her eyebrows and said, "I'm not getting out of this house without showering." 

Dong Wook rolled h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter