Chapter 19

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Excuse me?" Was all Eun Ae could say. She was not only dumbfounded, but she was surprised, disappointed and confused. She didn't know what to say nor do. 

She was just warming up to Seunghyun and there he was, openly confessing to her. "Is this guy mad? He hasn't even known me for a month and he's confessing?" Eun Ae thought. Eun Ae sighed and looked at Seunghyun, "Seunghyun-shi. You're not ting me right now, right?" 

Seunghyun shook his head and that was all it took. Eun Ae sighed heavily and plopped down on the sand. 

"You're gonna make me go insane. I was just warming up to you, thinking we could be best friends and all, and now... you're confessing that you like me?" Eun Ae said as she looked at Seunghyun with tired eyes. She sat up and shook his shoulders. 

"Wake up man!! You've liked the wrong girl. I'm not the girl that you thought I would be. I'm not nice. I'm not considerate. I'm not thoughtful. I'm not like any other girls that would date a man so easily. Hell, I can't even imagine myself dating." This was like a slap to Seunghyun's face. 

"I know all that. I'm aware of your attitude and personality. Do you think I would have confessed to you if I didn't know those?" Seunghyun retorted calmly. Eun Ae raised her eyebrows and said, "And how would you be aware of that? Don't you tell me that just because we have been hanging out recently doesn't mean that you know what's happening in my life, TOP-shi." She frowned.

Seunghyun shook his head and said, "No. I just understand you, that's it." Eun Ae furrowed her eyebrows and thought, "How could a person like you understand my situation? You don't even know my illness. How would you know?" She just sighed and looked at him. 

"Look... I don't know how to handle situations like this because you're the very first person to confess to me as if I'm a normal person. I don't know what to feel or what to do, but what I do know is that... I only treat you as a friend Seunghyun-shi. I'm sorry." With that, Seunghyun hung his head low and nodded. 

"O-o-kay... Thanks for being honest with me, Eun  Ae." Seunghyun stood up while Eun Ae grabbed his wrist, "Where are you going?" 

"Inside. You should go back too. It's getting colder." Eun Ae blinked several times and wondered how Seunghyun could withstand the pain of rejection. She observed him as he walked inside the resort. She sighed and clutched onto her heart and muttered, "How the do you know what you're feeling? Aish, screw being inexperienced and heartless." 

~•~•~•~

Eun Ae was busily walking down the hallway when Jiyong saw her. He was frozen in his place as he observed her busily talking to herself. A small smile crept up on his face because he found it cute that she was debatig by herself. 

"Like why would he confess to me now? He doesn't even know the real me!! Nor does he know me well. I mean, I could understand if he confesses in the future, but now? That's just... Aish! I don't know!" Eun Ae threw small tantrums as she made her way to her room. Little did she know, Jiyong was there watching every bit of it. 

Just as Eun Ae was supposed to open her door, she heard someone say, "Having a little debate by yourself, huh?" Eun Ae jumped up and clutched onto her heart, "Omo! Ya! You almost gave me a freaking heart attack!" She panted and collected herself before looking at Jiyong. 

Jiyong smiled and chuckled, "Mianhe." Eun Ae shook her head and said, "No need to apologize... Oh! Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the necklace Jiyong. I... really like it and uh... you won, so... If you still want that whole day... Just tell me. Uhm, okay, bye!" She sped off to her room and immediately locked the door. 

Jiyong blinked a few times and looked at her door, "Did she just..." He gasped and realized that Eun Ae just basically offered him on a whole day out. He did a victory dance and decided to go back to his room to rejoice. On the other hand, Eun Ae was continuously hitting her head on the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter