Chapter 42

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

It was finally the last day. Eun Ae's last day in Korea. She had decided to cut connections with everyone, everyone but her  therapist — who was slightly unwilling to do this favor for Eun Ae. He who helped Eun Ae in various ways had agreed to let Eun Ae cut connections with everyone because he thinks Eun Ae is starting to grow more mature with this. He thinks this is the best way to confirm if Eun Ae is ready to face the real world. All her life, she was caged in a beautiful hell hole, where she was treated like a total shadow, a mere existence inside their mansion. 

She was just like a high-class human who typically lived off a robotic life. Her life was controlled by her parents, who seemed like they didn't care about their child. But that was not the case. She was being protected from all evils, but even so, she felt like she was living in hell. Everyday, she desired to get out of that damn house. Everyday, she desired to try new things. Everyday, she desired to meet new people, but when she grew, it all came crashing down to her. 

Her disorder. Her dependancy. Her dark past. 

Everything was unclear to her, and this is why she wants to go away; to make herself walk to the right path. To understand where she really belongs to. As of now, it may be vague and she may get lost along the way, but to her, it doesn't matter. As long as she tries her hardest, she will not give up until she thinks she's that better Moon Eun Ae that everyone's looking forward to. 

She threw away her luxuries, her family, her only supporter, her education, and even her first and hopefully last boyfriend. She sacrificed all her happiness just for one risk. Just one risk she had to take to become a better person. A better person who deserves to be loved by her loved ones. 

She looked through the mirror, looking straightly into her eyes, as if wanting to read her own expressionless face. She had kept her little escapade to herself, even to her own brother who supported her all the way. She knew telling him would just result her get away to be a fail, so she decided to hide it from him. Today, she decided to spend the day with the YG crew: Seven, Han Byul, Big Bang and 2NE1. 

This was the last day of spending time with them for a long time, so might as well enjoy the remaining time with all of them. As much as she wants to see her parents, she didn't have the guts to face them. She felt like she was betraying them for a second, but she immediately washed that thought away. She bit her inner cheek, holding back her tears. Promising herself not to cry, not until she steps foot inside the airport. 

Much to her dismay, her alone time was disrupted from a knock coming from her door. She looked through the mirror and exclaimed, "Come in!" She tried her hardest to act as normal as she could, she really did. But for some reason, she wanted to act all happy today. Just for the sake of her quiet escape. She didn't want to let the people around her suspect anything, right? If she's going to leave, she might as well leave a good impression. 

The door opened a bit, reavealing Seven's defined face from the small crack. He smiled and poked his head to the door and asked, "Are you all set?" 

Eun Ae nodded and smiled half-heartedly, "Yeah, kaja." 

~•~•~•~

"Ahhh! This feels so good!" Seven exclaimed as he placed his hands behind his head. Everyone chuckled except for the person driving, Jiyong. He rolled his eyes at his hyung and whined, "Hyung! Why do I have to drive?" 

Eun Ae shot him a look from the passenger seat and he immediately kept quiet. They were all going on a small trip to the beach, where they will be far away from the airport. Of course, Eun Ae had planned all this beforehand. Her plan was to keep them all away from the city and make them happy as much as she could with her remaining time with them. Her flight was at 4 in the midnight. How is she going to be able to go back to Seoul? Well, Dr. Park is already at the resort, just lounging beside hers and Jiyong's room. 

When the clock strikes at 12 o'clock in the midnight, she will go quietly and come with Dr. Park, who had her things inside his trunk. He knew the plan very well, as Eun Ae planned it well with him. 

A few hours of driving, they finally arrived the small resort. They all smiled and felt excited to sit back and relax, but one person felt otherwise. She's heartbroken, torn, and sad. She didn't want this in the first place, but she had no other better options but this. She held Jiyong's hands as they walked towards their lodging. Jiyong took out the keys in his pockets, which was given to him earlier by the receptionist. He placed the key inside the keyhole and turned it, hearing a click from the door, he opened it and both of them were in awe. 

The bedside window was gorgeous. The view from outside was breathtaking. Both of them walked inside, placing down each baggage they were carrying and walked to the window. Eun Ae saw Jiyong's smile and somehow, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter