Chapter 22

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Omo! Where are we?" Eun Ae asked as she looked outside the window in awe. Jiyong smiled and said, "This is the way towards Great Victory Park. Do you know what it is?" Jiyong asked and Eun Ae shook her head, her eyes still not leaving the beautiful sight. Jiyong chuckled and pulled out of the parking lot and said, "Then, let's go out and take a walk and while we're walking, I'll explain everything to you." 

Eun Ae smiled and nodded, "Okay, sounds good." Jiyong nodded and went out of the car while Eun Ae followed suit. They walked along Okpo as Jiyong talked, "Well, Great Victory Park is basically a war memorial for the 1592 to 1593 naval battle against the Japanese. Beside it, there's a shrine for Admiral Yi who lead the Korean forces to victory and also a small museum explaining details of the war and Korean naval strategies." Eun Ae nodded her head as she listened to Jiyong. 

Jiyong observed her reactions to see if she was getting bored by his words. "Is it okay if we go there?" Jiyong asked, making sure she wasn't going to be bored. Eun Ae nodded and smiled, "Yeah, I would love to see those sight places. Just hearing about it makes me excited actually." This made Jiyong smile. 

He sighed in relief as he nodded. "I'm glad you're looking forward to it." 

"But... do you mind if we go around first before we eat? I kind of planned something else for that." Jiyong asked as he scratched his head. Eun Ae nodded and said, "I don't mind. I'm not hungry anyway." Jiyong nodded and continued to walk. They continued to walk in silence, making Eun Ae curious as to how Jiyong knew how to get there. 

"I'm curious about something..." Eun Ae started off. 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows and placed his hands inside his jean pocket, "How did you know about this place?" Eun Ae asked as she looked at Jiyong. Jiyong smiled and looked at the road ahead of them, "I've always heard it from my noona. She always visits this place because of her husband... her husband is actually an architect, so he usually goes to places that can inspire him and somehow, this place inspires him the most." Eun Ae nodded. 

"I see... and I never knew you had an older sister." Eun Ae said as she looked at the surroundings, clearly amused by the beauty of it. Jiyong chuckled and said, "Yeah... well, there's only  two of us, but I guess it's fun. Except when she treats me like a baby." Eun Ae chuckled and shook her head, "I can feel you. Dong Wook oppa always treats me like a baby. I hate it." 

Jiyong smiled and looked at Eun Ae. After their little family talk, they fell into silence, but it was soon interrupted when Jiyong asked, "If you don't mind me asking... why do you have a different last name with hyung?" Eun Ae looked at Jiyong and saw that he was looking at her so she looked away and grabbed tightly to her bag.

She smiled bitterly and muttered, "To be honest... I'm also confused." 

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows, not really understanding what she was saying. Eun Ae chuckled and shook her head, "Just leave it. I'm not even sure myself. Let's just say one of us is an illegitimate child..." but she continued in a whisper, "I just don't know who it is exactly." Unfortunately for her, Jiyong heard it but pretended like he didn't hear anything. 

"Oh, okay then..." Jiyong answered, making the decision to just leave the matter alone. 

Eun Ae nodded and continued to look at the sceneries and smiled as she saw a sign that points out the Great Victory Park. "Oh, isn't that the sign we're looking for?" Eun Ae pointed at the sign and Jiyong followed the direction where she pointed at and nodded. "Yeah,  you're right. Let's go." Eun Ae nodded and continued to walk towards the Park. 

Once they entered the road, they saw paths that led them towards the Park. Eun Ae gasped and ran towards the scenery. "This is daebak! It's the most awesome scenery  that I've seen in my whole entire life!!" Jiyong watched her and smiled at himself. "It's good that she likes it..." He thought. 

He walked towards he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter