Chapter 37

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN 

"Ya, Mirae! What are you doing after school?" Eun Ae asked as she tried her best to get her friend's attention. She frowned at Mirae who continuously texted on her phone. Eun Ae rolled her eyes and took Mirae's phone away and said, "Ya! I was talking to you, you know!" 

Mirae giggled and said, "Arasso, arasso. We're going somewhere after school." 

Eun Ae furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Huh? Where?" Mirae grinned and sheugged, "Just somewhere." With that, Mirae dragged Eun Ae to her class, however, they were stopped by an annoying voice. Mirae rolled her eyes and muttered, "Here comes the queen. Honestly, does she have anything else to do?" 

Eun Ae chuckled and said, "Just let her." 

"Well, well, if it isn't the two losers." Sunmi stated with a nasaly voice. Eun Ae sighed and turned around and faced Sunmi. "What do you want, Sunmi?" 

Sunmi shrugged and blew on her nails and stated, "Nothing, really. Just wanted to ask how you and your boyfriend are doing lately?" Eun Ae raised an eyebrow and that's when Mirae stepped up. "Look, Oh Sunmi. We don't have time for your games, so if you'll excuse us. We're going." Mirae took Eun Ae's arms and dragged her, but they stopped when Sunmi yelled, "You don't ing deserve Jiyong oppa!" 

Eun Ae paused, making Mirae clench her fists. "This better stop talking." Mirae muttered, while Eun Ae took her time to comprehend what Sunmi stated. 

"You don't ing deserve Jiyong oppa!" 

​It hurted her. Of course, she had always thought that she didn't deserve such a nice guy, but can't she be selfish for once? Can't she just be happy with Jiyong? Can't she be just happy for just once in her life? 

"Can't you hear me, Moon Eun Ae? You don't deserve to be his girlfriend!" Sunmi added more salt to Eun Ae's wound. 

Mirae, however, had enough. She looked at Sunmi with daggers in her eyes and yelled, "YOU ! Stop it! What else do you want to tell Eun Ae, huh? Haven't you had enough?! You're the Ms. Popular at school. You're beautiful in men's eyes. You're everything in this school! Why are you so insecure of Eun Ae?!" And this brought Sunmi speechless. 

Sunmi cleared and said, "Who said I'm insecure with that ?! She's just a spoiled brat!" Mirae rolled her eyes. 

"And you're not? Stop being a hypocrite, Sunmi." Mirae hissed, but Sunmi did not back down. 

"Mwoh?! Ya! I'm not spoiled! Look at your friend! Wearing such expensive things that her parents bought for her, wearing everything that they gave her. Isn't that what spoiled means? She got into this school because of her father, not because of her brain. She's useless." And that triggered Eun Ae's temper. Eun Ae turned around with her bloodshot eyes. 

"AND WHAT?! I'M SPOILED, WHY?! ARE YOU JEALOUS? THAT MY PARENTS GIVE ME EVERYTHING I WANT?! THAT MY PARENTS GIVE ME EVERYTHING THAT I ASK FOR?! WHY DON'T YOU ING DO THAT WITH YOUR PARENTS! I'M PRETTY SURE YOU DON'T HAVE THE SAME ED UP LIFE I HAVE! DON'T YOU?! AND WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ME? To write my own life story? Do you even know what I went through? Do you even know that I don't talk with my parents anymore? Huh?! Do you ing know that you ing ?!" And this made everyone surrounding them stop whispering. 

They were all puzzled, but Mirae just looked at her best friend with concern and whispered, "Eun Ae, let's just go, okay?" 

Eun Ae shook her head and took a step forward to Sunmi and balled her fists, "What? You can't answer? Answer me, Sunmi. Do you have the same ed up life I have? Do you know my life story? If you know, care to tell me what you know?" Sunmi's mouth was in a thin line, she didn't know what to tell Eun Ae, because in fact, she did not know Eun Ae's life story. Eun Ae scoffed and tears started to fall in her eyes. 

"You don't know? Do you want me to tell you? Huh?" 

Eun Ae shoved Sunmi's shoulders and exclaimed, "Do you want me to tell you how ed up my life is?!" 

Mirae looked at everyone and immediately went to Eun Ae to stop her, but Eun Ae just shrugged her grasp, "Let go of me, Mirae! I'm going to tell this what she doesn't know! And yes, Sunmi! I know I don't deserve Jiyong! I already know that, do you really have to say it in front of my face? I'm a worthless , I know. I'm nothing compared to him. I'm just a chaebol's daughter. I'm just the heiress of the Moon Corporation. So what, right? What right do I have to date som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter