The Payment...

Bride For Sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myeong-dong,Seoul South Korea

Sulli's POV

Spring is beautiful everywhere,but it is most beautiful in Seoul.The scent of cherry blossoms spreading heavily on the air sent me to eternity and beyond.

As I hopped like a bunny to the street of Myeong-dong,my eyes captured a poster of actor/singer Choi Myungsoo at CD Universe,a famous music store.

"Omo!my idol has a new album!"I exclaimed,overly excited.My fangirling goddess strikes again.I ran like crazy to the music store to buy Choi Myungsoo's CD.

After five minutes,I stepped out of the store wearing my widest and brightest smile for today.I was caught,bewitch and hypnotized by Myungsoo's charm just like my fellow eighteen year old female friends and classmates.I dream of him everynight and have the greatest desire to meet him someday.

My heart started to beat faster as I imagine myself and Choi Myungsoo saying "I do" to each other.I slid the CD inside my backpack and continous to walk home.

I stopped a few blocks away from our house after I saw my father's black toyota corolla.The car was parked in front of our house.

I frowned and glanced down at my wristwach."It's only four o'clock in the afternoon"I said, completely puzzled.My father,Choi Seoung Ho  always arrived at home around six or seven o'clock in the evening from working as Finance Manager at Venus Chocolate Factory.He's been working to the said factory for more than ten years.

When I stepped into the livingroom,my head kept on turning from left to right,searching for my early bird father.

"Appa!"

No response.

"Appa!"I went to the kitchen,assuming that appa might be cooking something for dinner.I found nothing on the kitchen,no trace,shadow or sign of Choi Seung Ho.

"Seems like appa wants to play hide and seek again"I said,scratching my head and frowning.

As I walked toward his room,a weird and odd vibe hit my chest.Called it paranoia but something is clearly wrong.And after opening the door of his room,my suspicion was put to rest as I looked up to my father---trying to commit suicide by hanging the rope to the ceiling fan and sliding his head to the loop of the rope.

A terrifying feeling traveled across my body while thinking that the only person in my life will die in front of my eyes.The person who raised me for eighteen years as a single parent after my mother died giving birth to me.And the only person in this world who love me unconditionally.

No!It can't be!I wont let my father die!

"Appa!"I said,horrified.I wrapped my arms around his waist to stop him from jumping out of the chair."Please,dont do it appa!I love you so much...I cannot live without you!"

Tears flowing down my cheeks as I locked my arms around him.

Seungho started to sob."Let me die!I deserve to die because I've commited a crime"

"What do you mean?"I asked,crying

Seungho removed the rope around his neck and stepped out of the chair..

A sharp piercing pain stabbed my heart while looking at his tortured expression.He seemed to be in so much pain---emotional pain.

He put his hands to my shoulders."Forgive me Ssul...I-I sold you to my boss for two point five million won"tears filled his eyes,spilling down his  face.

All of the blood in my face drained out due to shock.Its as if I just witnessed a gory scene in real life.

"Y-you s-sold me?"

Seungho turned gooey soft as if his life were being shred slowly from his body.He kneeled in front of me and bent his head.

"Yes Ssul...your worthless and irresponsible father sold you"he answered painfully."I embezzled the company's money because of my addiction to casino."

"And you offered me as a collateral to Mr Choi"my voice filled with sarcasm,anger and fear."Appa,I'm not an object or a land title you can just give away anytime you want.I am your daughter...I have a life...a dream...a bright future ahead of me..."

"Then just let me die since I deserve it...."he said,weeping to his heart's content."I dont think I will be able to live a single day knowing I destroyed my daughter's life"

Bitterness started to dominate my heart"Die?yes you deserve to die since what you did was unforgivable.But I wont let you die coz I want you to suffer...you have to pay the biggest mistake you've committed for the rest of your life "

Up to the last minute,I didn't want to believe any of it,but truth was like a wailing scream tearing through my mind,shattering my heart like glass.

"M-Mr Choi told me you have to marry his second son as a payment for my debt"

 

 

 

Venus Chocolate Factory

Five hours ago....

Choi Minsoo was known as a smart,shrewd and ruthless businessman.Everybody in the chocolate industry knew him.Whenever anyone asked him the secret to his success,he always said the same: it was a passion for the product.You didnt make it to the chocolate world unless you knew what you were talking about.Minsoo had embraced chocolate far more wholeheartedly than anyone else.He knew all its idiosyncrasies--what temperatures it preferred,what humidity it liked and what ingredients it blended with best.He knew its history,how it was made and how it was used.

Minsoo had been surrounded by chocolate all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter