Asking for Permission

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day. The big day. The day Baekhyun had been nervously planning for the past week. The day he finally decided to text Chanyeol.

For any other person, Baekhyun would have just casually asked the next time he was free if the other wanted to hang out. But this time was different. This time it was Chanyeol he was asking.

He honestly didn't even understand why he was getting so nervous about hanging out with Chanyeol, he was just a person, and an annoying twit Baekhyun couldn't stand, but just the same, hanging out shouldn't be so difficult.

So as he hesitantly went up to his mother to see if he could hang out with Chanyeol, her bursting out into laughter did not help his situation.

"Wait, Chanyeol?" she scoffed, completely shocked that he was asking such a thing. "The person you apparently hate so, so much?"

"I still do hate him, mom. It's not like my feelings changed overnight. But I felt bad, I mean, I almost made him cry so--"

"You almost made him cry? Baekhyun I thought you were better than that!"

"I didn't mean to! He's just overly emotional, that's all!"

"Overly emotional? He didn't seem overly emotional when I met him."

"That's because he's Chanyeol and he's stupid!"

"Baekhyun—"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. But anyways, I almost made him cry and I obviously felt bad for that, so I asked if hanging out with him would make him feel better. And obviously he liked that idea. SO. That’s why I'm asking if I can."

His mother stared speechlessly at him for a short moment before answering, "Well I don't care, as long as you don't make him cry again."

"I told you, I didn't make him cry, he almost cried."

She just shrugged, smirking as she looked back at the salad she was preparing, "Well whatever. Just don't be mean. Chanyeol seemed really nice when he came over for the project, I honestly don't see why you hate him so much."

"You haven't been in the same class as him for ten years mother. Of course you don't see why I hate him,” Baekhyun explained, feeling exasperated that he was having his conversation with his mother.

"I think you're a bit of a drama queen, you know that right?"

"Yes mother, I can see why, I'm not in the drama club for nothing."

"Speaking of drama, whens the next play? I want to make sure it doesn't conflict with your singing lessons."

"I don't know. Ms. Choi hasn't said anything yet. We've only been watching plays for the last few weeks."

"Well, when you find out let me know."

"I will. By the way, when did you schedule my next lesson?"

"Tomorrow morning."

Baekhyun stared at her.

"What?" she asked, raising her eyebrow at Baekhyun’s dejected expression.

"That's when I was planning on getting together with Chanyeol," he whined, making irritated noises as he dropped into his seat at the table.

"It's not a big deal, just invite him to watch. I love watching you."

"No! Not happening, not ever! He can't see me sing, he doesn't even know I sing!"

"So tell him, and invite him. It's not that hard."

"But my image—it'll be ruined forever!"

"Oh hush up," she said, flicking his forehead as she set down his dinner plate. "Your image won't be ruined at all. You're just being a big baby."

"It will be, hardly anyone knows I sing and if he knows...just no! That can't happen mom!"

"Well then reschedule. It's still not that big a deal."

"But what will I tell him!? Mom. Mom. Mom help me~" he whined, clinging on to her arm pathetically as she ignored him.

"Mommy~" he tried again, shaking her arm slightly.

"Mother~"

"Mom please,” he begged, trying to gain her attention by poking her in the shin with his foot.

"Mom."

"Mo--"

"What!?" she cried, yanking her arm away from him in irritation.

"Help me."

"I already helped you! I gave you your options, and now it’s up for you to choose which one. I'm not helping you anymore, especially since I think Chanyeol is a nice young man."

"But mo--"

"No buts Baekhyun. Learn to deal with your problems."

Baekhyun only pouted as she sat down across from him, with her own plate of food.

She tried to ignore his obvious stare on her, but after a minute of blatantly avoiding his cute pout she responded without looking up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter