Invitations

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Valentine’s Day. The day of the year where you get gifts from your boyfriend, go on a date, watch a movie, cuddle, have great , and can get away with just about anything having to do with your significant other. Better known as, the day of Love.

Or, in Baekhyun’s words, “the day ing idiots start to hook up and ruin every single person’s life.”

We can correctly assume that Baekhyun didn’t like Valentine’s Day.

It wasn’t exactly a pleasant memory anyways. The most he did for Valentine’s Day was have his friends over to watch horror movies. A ritual they had been doing for several lonely years now which he honestly had grown quite sick of it.

But he was in for a pleasant surprise when he dropped into math class that Thursday morning.

He entered the classroom like every other day; he saw Chanyeol already sitting at their table, he saw Sehun and Luhan chatting in the back of the room, all the things he saw were normal for a Thursday morning.

The scent of roses wafted through the room and his eyes narrowed as he caught sight of the girls in the back of the room giggling about their boyfriends.

Well aren’t you guys just damn special to have someone.

He grumpily hurried towards his seat, pulling the chair beside Chanyeol’s out, plopping his down before dropping his bag, not so gently, to the floor.

He got his notebook and pencil out, not noticing how Chanyeol was staring at him the whole time he went about his daily routine.

Once he finally had his calculator, pencil, notebook, pencil sharpener and extra eraser out, he turned to the giant.

“Good morning,” he yawned, patting Chanyeol’s curls down distractedly. “Did you sleep well?”

After spending some time together, Baekhyun realized he rather enjoyed the giant’s company as long as no one brought up the second near kiss incident. Without that, they were golden.

“I slept fine,” he grinned, “how’d you sleep?”

“Eh,” Baekhyun shrugged, pulling out his homework as Mr. Kim came around to collect it, “I could have done with another few hours. I guess I was just dreading today too much.”

“…Today?”

“It’s Valentine’s Day isn’t it?”

“Oh!” Chanyeol’s eyes widened in surprise, instantly remembering what he had wanted to ask, “I forgot! I wanted to give you this!”

It was Baekhyun’s turn to be shocked when Chanyeol handed him a bright pink envelope entitled to him, his name written in curly letters, a big heart right after the n.

Baekhyun raised his eyes to look at Chanyeol, a completely startled and slightly worried look on his face.

Chanyeol didn’t register what was wrong.

“Is there something on my face?” he asked stupidly, pointing at his completely smooth and flawless skin.

“Uh…”

Chanyeol’s eyes landed back on the envelope.

“Oh. Oh. You think this is from me?”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t—” Baekhyun gave him a skeptical look. “No really, I didn’t write that. It was actually Jongin’s friend—well—the girl he’s sleeping with. This isn’t even from me. I haven’t given out any valentine’s yet—well I mean cards—”

“Well, who, is it from then?” Baekhyun interrupted, waving the card in front of the taller’s face impatiently, not wanting to listen to Chanyeol’s awkward rant.

“Jongin. Well me.”

“You just said it wasn’t from you.”

“Well technically it’s from Jongin. But it was my idea.”

Baekhyun gave him a look.

“Just open it please.”

Baekhyun obliged, tearing the thin piece of pink paper right through his name. He didn’t like to think that some wrote his name with a heart next to it.

He pulled out a very colorful card that read you’re invited on the front, his eyes moved downward to the actually information telling him he was invited to a ‘V-DAY Party filled with lots of loooooove~’ from 6pm to 12am.

He almost gagged right there, but he remembered that Chanyeol was watching him and he thought the better of it.

“Um…”

“Will you come?” Chanyeol asked eagerly.

“I don’t know,” he answered slowly, his eyes finding their way up to Chanyeol’s. “I usually hang out with my friends on Valentine’s Day…”

Chanyeol waved his hand dismissively, “I already took care of that.”

“What?”

“You’re friends. Jongin invited them too. You don’t have an excuse not to go now.”

Baekhyun bit his lip, not sure how to react to this invitation. He didn’t really have a reason not to go, but he had never been to a Valentine’s Day party before, or one of Jongin’s party before. He did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter