Bubble Tea

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day did not turn out to be what Baekhyun had expected at all.

He did not think, not in a million years, that his teacher would suggest him for a singing competition. Granted, he also didn't think Chanyeol would find out about his lessons, but the day seemed to have a whole other plan for him.

So when he stepped outside of the building, feeling already blessed to be offered such a great opportunity, he felt even better when Chanyeol didn't ask any suspicious questions about their destination. Of course, Baekhyun didn't think his teacher would step outside.

He and Chanyeol had just started on their way when they heard the door open. Neither of them felt the need to turn around and greet the person, so you can imagine how shocked Baekhyun was when he heard his teacher’s voice.

"Baekhyun! I didn't know you were meeting a friend! I would have let you out earlier!"

Curse you, Mrs. Cho.

The pair of them turned slowly to face her, Chanyeol looking utterly confused while Baekhyun grimaced painfully.

"It's alright, Mrs. Cho. He didn't get here on time anyways," Baekhyun answered, shooting Chanyeol a glare that threatened death if he spoke.

"Ah, I see," she said, looking the tall boy up and down. "I don't think I've met this friend before. What's your name sweetheart?"

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun for approval, and after getting a roll of the eyes, he assumed it was safe to proceed, "I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol."

Mrs. Cho smiled kindly at him before turning to Baekhyun, her expression immediately changing, "You silly boy, why didn't you invite your friend to watch!?"

"Becau-"

"Baekhyun here has a wonderful voice. It's a shame he didn't invite you."

"...voice?" Chanyeol asked, peering over at Baekhyun curiously as the elder distracted himself by kicking the leaves on the sidewalk.

"You didn't know Baekhyun took singing lessons?"

"I didn't know Baekhyun could sing."

"Baekhyun! What is wrong with you? How could you not tell your friend about your voice!?"

"I didn't see the need to bring something like that up. Since it was never brought up, I decided to leave it alone."

"Baekhyun that's a big part of your life! You should tell more people about your dream--"

"My dream is my dream. He," Baekhyun nodded angrily toward Chanyeol, "doesn't need to know about it."

"Aish, so touchy he is," she said, turning her attention to Chanyeol. "I don't understand how you can hang out with him. He's always so bossy."

"You can say that again," Chanyeol chuckled, shooting a glance at the shorter, who was refusing to look at him. "He is always picking on me."

"Baekhyun is mean to everyone. He's even mean to his own mother. I guess it's his own way of showing affection—but it sure is weird."

"Yes, yes. It's great you two are having so much fun talking about me, but Chanyeol and I should really get goin—"

"But we have the whole day Baekhyun," Chanyeol said, smiling as Baekhyun gave him his most loathing glare.

"No it's okay. Baekhyun obviously isn't enjoying our fun," Mrs. Cho laughed, shaking Chanyeol's hand as she pulled out her keys. "Go enjoy your date."

Chanyeol's hand stiffened in hers and he could feel the tips of his ears start to turn red.

"We're not going on a date. We're hanging out," Baekhyun corrected, not looking overly pleased with the mistake.

"Oh, oops," she said, smacking herself in the forehead. "Sorry, I just wasn't thinking."

"That was obvious enough," Baekhyun muttered under his breath, only loud enough Chanyeol to hear.

"Well I really should get going as well. It was really nice to meet you Chanyeol!" she grinned, giving his hand another shake before turning to Baekhyun. "I'll see you later kiddo. Don't be too mean to your friend."

Baekhyun barely acknowledged her before spinning on his heel, walking in the direction of the bus.

Chanyeol quickly followed wondering why Baekhyun had been so rude to his teacher when he realized the bus to Seoul was about to leave.

After hurriedly paying the bus fee the two of them found seats in the back, and only then did Chanyeol ask Baekhyun what had been bugging him the last few minutes.

"So...you sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter