Accident

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo’s sick excuse didn’t get him out of trouble for going to a party without permission, but it did result in a weekend full of pampering and nurturing from his ever so loving mother. Even if his parents were hard asses they still knew when they needed to care for their only child.

He was still grounded for a week, but, nevertheless, that was the least of his worries. Kyungsoo had spent the whole weekend replaying what happened at Jongin’s party in his mind.

Kyungsoo was more than upset with the fact that he couldn’t be angry at the guy, because honestly, Jongin didn’t know he was hurting Kyungsoo by kissing him, after all, he didn’t know Kyungsoo liked him.

But of course the fact that Jongin didn’t know, didn’t help mend his broken heart. He knew Jongin was a , he’d known it all along, but for some reason that hadn’t killed Kyungsoo’s spirit. And now he was paying for it.

Kyungsoo let out a small whimper as he thought about the day awaiting him. He was going to have a mental breakdown once he saw Jongin in third period.

Keep it cool, Kyungsoo.  He checked his teeth in the mirror one last time before grabbing his bag and heading out the door.

He arrived at school five minutes before the first bell rang and he slowly weaved his way through the halls to his group of friends.

The six of his friends, plus Chanyeol (who was standing next to Baekhyun) were all standing around awkwardly, waiting for Kyungsoo to arrive.

He approached the group timidly, not sure what they would say to him after having his heart ripped out and stomped on.

Baekhyun was the first to notice him, quickly leaving the circle of friends and pulling Kyungsoo in for a tight hug.

“Are you okay?” he asked, not daring to let the younger boy go. “You didn’t answer any of my texts so I was really worried.”

Kyungsoo just nodded numbly as he pushed him away.

He approached the rest of his friends, giving them a forced smile as he took the spot next to Jongdae.

“Kyungsoo I’m sorry….” Luhan comforted, reaching over and patting him on the shoulder. “Jongin is stupid.”

“Speaking of Jongin….” Minseok muttered, staring behind Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

They all looked around except Kyungsoo, who just nervously stared at the floor as he heard Jongin speak.

“Oh there you are, I was just coming to look for you!” Jongin grinned, sidling up against Chanyeol, his shoulder coming dangerously close to Kyungsoo.

“Why were you looking for me?” Chanyeol grunted in distaste, making it obvious he was upset.

“Yah, what was that for! What’ve I done wrong this time?”

“Well you’re a major ,” Baekhyun chimed in, pushing his head under Chanyeol’s arm, which came to rest on his shoulders. “Want me to fill you in on how?”

“And you said this was Baekhyun…?”

Chanyeol nodded, a smirk growing on his lips as the shorter swayed back and forth under his arm.

“Real charmer,” Jongin snorted, turning his attention to the smug Baekhyun. “And how am I a exactly?”

“Well first of all—”

“Guys,” Kyungsoo interrupted, not liking where the situation was going. “You’re being rude. Just leave him alone, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Kyungsoo—he did everything wrong!”

“Wait--Kyungsoo's here?” Jongin’s head swiveled around to look at the short boy who had just spoken up.

Kyungsoo froze, realizing the mistake he had just made by speaking up. He shifted nervously under the younger’s gaze and gave a quick nod.

Jongin opened his mouth to say something, but just as he did the first bell cut through his voice.

“Gotta run,” Kyungsoo half smiled, quickly grabbing his bag. “I’ll see you guys later.”

With that, Kyungsoo took off in the opposite direction, weaving through the bustling crowd, trying to put as much space as he could between himself and Jongin.

He arrived to his class in record time, even beating the teacher. He took a second to catch his breath before sitting down, pulling out his supplies for class.

His face was beet red, his heart was pounding what felt like a thousand beats per minute, and he was positive it was all Jongin’s fault.

Kyungsoo let out a deep breath and buried his face in his hands.

He couldn’t ignore Jongin forever; they had a class together and that would prove to make things difficult.

And what if Jongin had found his letter when cleaning up? It didn’t seem likely; he probably just threw it out along with all the other garbage left in his house, but, Kyungsoo still couldn’t rule out the possibility that he had read it.

Kyungsoo was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t realize that someone else had entered the room until he felt a hand shaking his lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter