This and That and Random Fluff

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The problem with Chanyeol spending time with Baekhyun was that he felt like he was being judged through every decision he made, even when the question was as simple as, “Chocolate or Strawberry?”

And that indeed was the question being asked as Baekhyun’s delicate fingers paused above two different ice cream packages in his freezer.

His gaze was fixed on the giant a few feet away from him and he only raised a questioning eyebrow when Chanyeol opened and closed his mouth a few times like a retard.

“Uh—”

“Uh what? It’s just an ice cream flavor. Pick one so we can eat it. If you want we can always eat the other one later.”

“It’s already eleven, Baekhyun.”

“So? We still have yet to watch a horror movie and we haven’t even gotten to Mario kart,” the shorter snorted, clearly unimpressed with Chanyeol’s lack of enthusiasm. 

“Why don’t you pick?” Chanyeol suggested awkwardly, scratching the back of his head nervously as he took a step farther from the fridge. He was finding the short boy in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt to be very intimidating, not to mention the hipster glasses he had on were doing ungodly things to the pit of his stomach.

“Because Chanyeol, I don’t care what flavor we eat. Both are good. That’s why I’m making you decide; it doesn’t matter to me!”

Sure it doesn’t matter Baekhyun, I bet you’re just waiting for me to choose the wrong one. Everything I do effects our relationship, I can’t go making the wrong choices.

“Chanyeol~”

Maybe since Baekhyun has such a sweet tooth he’d rather have the strawberry—but maybe chocolate was a safer choice since everyone loves chocolate.

The giant’s eyes shifted between the two flavors nervously before going up to meet the shorter male’s gaze.

 “Chanyeol—” The impatience was obvious in his tone so Chanyeol quickly cut him off.

“Chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate.”

A smile teased the edges of Baekhyun’s lips and he happily put the strawberry container back and skipped to the counter to dish them two bowls.

“Chocolate is delicious, but not everyone loves it Chanyeol.”

. Bad choice. Everything just backfired.

“Actually, the more I think about it, I do have a friend who doesn’t like chocolate!”

Chanyeol’s elfish ears perked up and he gave the other a quizzically look, wondering which one of his friends could not like chocolate.

“Who?”

Baekhyun’s cheeks turned a noticeably pink color and he quickly looked down at the ice cream in his hand, instantly becoming shy, “Oh sorry I forgot you don’t know him….”

“It’s a he?”

“Yes of course it’s a he!” he laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. “Why, is that a problem?”

“Do you like him?” Chanyeol demanded, deliberately ignoring Baekhyun’s question as the two of them headed into the living room.

The shorter became shy again and he bit his bottom lip cutely, “I’m not sure. I mean he’s really attractive, but I don’t know if he likes boys so I don’t want to get involved yet.”

Yet. He didn’t want to get involved yet.

“What’s his name?”

“Why? Are you interrogating me now?” Baekhyun scoffed, gently kicking his giant friend in the shin as the frown on his face grew.

“Where do you know him from?”

“Gosh Chanyeol, so demanding. His name is Jonghyun and he’s subbing for my singing instructor right now.”

“So he’s old?”

“No, no, no! He’s definitely not old. He’s only like six years older than us.”

“So it’s not technically legal for you guys to date.”

“Well technically no. But six years isn’t that much older.”

“Why don’t you just like someone at our school? Someone your age would be better—and it’d be legal.”

“Just because I think he’s attractive doesn’t mean I like him Chanyeol.”

“That’s not what it seems like,” Chanyeol snorted, scooping up a few bites of his ice-cream.

“I don’t like him Chanyeol, I like someone else.”

Chanyeol dropped his spoon into his ice-cream, and his eyes shot up to Baekhyun’s, “You do?”

Baekhyun opens his mouth to answer when suddenly a loud ringing noise issued from the kitchen. The smaller instantly jumped up, a little too eagerly to be considered normal behavior for him.

“It could be my mom, I’ll be right back.” And with that, he dashed into the kitchen,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter