Valentine Party~ Part II

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The awkward pair left Jongin’s room together, Baekhyun feeling more uncomfortable with every passing minute and Chanyeol just feeling thoroughly embarrassed by the situation they had just found themselves in.

They found Kyungsoo, Tao and Yixing sitting on the couch in the living room still. They were all immersed in the TV, which was playing the Titanic.

The two of them took a seat, their eyes almost immediately glued to the screen.

A few minutes into the movie, Chanyeol stood up, saying he had to get something and he would be right back.

Baekhyun watched the giant leave, his thoughts still on what had happened in Jongin’s room, he couldn’t get the sight of Chanyeol’s hungry eyes on him out of his head.

He also couldn’t deny the increase in his heartbeat when Chanyeol appeared back in the dark room, something in his hands as he took his seat next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s eyes stayed glued on the younger as he situated himself next to him, and when he suddenly leaned in towards him Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol was going to kiss him. But just as his heart began to beat violently Chanyeol turned his head, his lips brushing against Baekhyun’s ear.

“These are for you,” he breathed, pushing whatever were in his hands into Baekhyun’s.

Baekhyun let his gaze slide to the items in his hands. What he found was a small teddy bear holding a heart that read, ‘You’re Sweet’ and a pink and green handmade card.

Chanyeol leaned over again towards his ear, “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

Chanyeol pulled away, giving him his signature goofy grin before turning his attention to the movie. Baekhyun did the same, but he knew that his cheeks were a burning red from what just happened. He tried to ignore the looks his friends were giving him and focus on the movie, but it was proving to be difficult when Yixing started snickering.

 

~~~~~~

 

The screams coming from the screen was enough encouragement for Kyungsoo to get up and leave the room.

Baekhyun watched curiously as his friend left, thinking he was probably wasn’t able to handle the next scene with tons of people freezing to death. So naturally, he didn’t wonder what Kyungsoo was up to.

If he had known what Kyungsoo was planning on doing, he might have stopped him and warned him from doing something so risky. But he didn’t, so obviously he didn’t warn him either.

Kyungsoo moved through the different rooms, pushing his way through the people drinking and dancing to the music.

In his hand he had a piece of paper, a note to Jongin actually, not the one Baekhyun made him write, but the one he had written himself, days before, planning on giving it to Jongin this day of love. He never thought he would really go through with it, but since Jongin had kissed him earlier that day he was more eager than he had ever been.

He was giddy with nervousness while he searched for the handsome boy, unsure of where he could have gone off to.

There was a sudden slam behind him and he found himself turning to the noise before he could stop himself.

But once he turned, he wished he hadn’t, he wished that he had continued through the crowd of people, cluelessly searching for Jongin.

But he had turned around, so he did see Jongin. He did see him coming out of a room with the girl from earlier, both of their clothes disheveled and both of them panting. He could tell the girl wasn’t wearing a bra anymore and he could see that Jongin was missing a sock.

He knew at that moment he didn’t want to be there. He wanted to be with his friends, watching the same movies they did every year. He didn’t want to feel his own heart breaking.

Kyungsoo let the paper in his hand drop to the floor, before turning and fleeing from the spot.

 

~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun was completely shocked when Kyungsoo came barreling into the room with tears streaming down his face.

Baekhyun jumped up almost immediately, going after Kyungsoo, who was intent on leaving the property.

He caught up with Kyungsoo as he was trying to forcibly put his sneakers on.

“Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun said, pulling one of the shoes away from him, getting him to halt his rampage. “Kyungsoo, what is going on?”

At that moment Chanyeol burst in, completely surprised to Kyungsoo on the floor, tears flooding down his cheeks.

“What happened?” he asked, his eyes going from Kyungsoo to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak but Kyungsoo cut across him.

“J-Jongin,” he hiccupped before breaking down into another fit.

Baekhyun stared down at his friend for a moment before looking up at Chanyeol, “I think we need to leave.”

“Let me drive you,” Chanyeol instantly volunteered, his big eyes watching his friend struggle to collect himself.

Baekhyun nodded, and together the two of them helped Kyungsoo up.

 

~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun remained silent on their way back to his house, rubbing Kyungsoo’s back soothingly as he sobbed into his shoulder.

The teddy bear and candy hearts Chanyeol had given him sat forgotten in his lap, his thoughts far from the tall dorky boy who gave them to him, and instead on the who broke his best friend heart.

Kim Jongin was dead to him. More than dead. His body w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter