Friendship and a Little Bit More

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bacon, you wouldn’t have won if my mouth was your size.”

Chanyeol had to admit the smack he received after making such a childish comment was completely deserved, but he didn’t regret his moment of immaturity one bit. He also didn’t regret the fact that he was sporting a new, pink and sparkly, Girls’ Generation backpack minutes later, especially when Baekhyun kept sending him adorable little glares from across the table. It was also a plus when Baekhyun gave him the rest of his ice cream since apparently Baekhyun was stubborn and, ‘refused to eat that after unfairly losing to such an annoying twit.’

“Damn that was some good ice cream,” Chanyeol grinned, wiping his lips as he finished the last few bites of Baekhyun’s cone.

The elder scoffed, still obviously mad at Chanyeol for beating him at his own game. His eyes drifted back to the glittery pink thing on Chanyeol’s back and he rolled his eyes.

“How are you not completely embarrassed by that thing?”

“What? The backpack?”

“Yes,” Baekhyun smirked, rolling his eyes boredly, “the backpack.”

“I don’t know,” Chanyeol hummed, staring blankly off into the space behind Baekhyun. “I like GG. Why would I be embarrassed?”

“Because it’s so pink and so girly! Isn’t your pride taking a beating from wearing it?”

“If it’s so embarrassing, why would you want it?” Chanyeol asked curiously, his eyes focusing on the shorter as he cocked his head to the side.

“Because I’m me!” Baekhyun exclaimed as if the answer was so obvious. “I’m pretty and petite, while you’re manly and huge. It makes sense!”

“You think I’m manly?”

Baekhyun’s face turned sheet white.

“And…huge?” The amusement on Chanyeol’s face was obvious.

“I-I just meant that it seems more likely that I would have that backpack…” Baekhyun mumbled, shrinking down into his seat embarrassedly as Chanyeol began to laugh at him.

“You just want it for yourself,” Chanyeol chuckled as Baekhyun grew more flustered under his gaze.

"Shut it," Baekhyun pouted, flicking some leftover ice cream drops on the table at him.

"Yah, yah, yah!" Chanyeol cried, quickly wiping the specks of ice cream off his shirt. "Why are you such a jerk?"

"You stole my backpack," Baekhyun answered, preparing to fling more ice cream at him.

"Hey, hey now," Chanyeol said defensively, putting his hands up to cover himself. "How about I buy you something to make up for it? Hm?”

"What will you buy me?" Baekhyun asked curiously, wiping up the ice cream on the table with his napkin.

"What do you want?"

"Eyeliner."

~~~

Minutes later the pair of them were in Baekhyun's favorite makeup store.

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun into the store staring curiously at all the different types of makeup, taking care to notice how expensive everything was.

He didn't understand female’s fascination with makeup. Sure it made them look pretty, but too much of it was just gross. He agreed wholeheartedly that eyeliner was usually really y when worn (specifically by Baekhyun) but that was about all the makeup he could stand.

Chanyeol was so lost in his own thoughts and too busy noticing the horrible prices that he didn't realize Baekhyun had stopped and he plowed right into the midget.

"Yah!" Baekhyun cried, pushing the unsteady Chanyeol off of him, earning the attention of the workers and some of the other customers. "Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry," Chanyeol mumbled awkwardly, taking a few steps away from him, glancing around at the observers, bowing quickly in apology to them.

"It's alright, I suppose, since you are slightly retarded," Baekhyun shrugged, sighing dramatically as he turned back to the makeup.

Chanyeol couldn't even disagree because he knew Baekhyun had a point. He was probably the most unique crayon in the box with his obnoxiously cheerful behavior and creepy smiles, along with the side dish of stupid he possessed.

So he just smiled and nodded.

"You know agreeing isn't helping your case..."

Nod and smile.

"Weirdo."

Another nod, and another smile.

"Okay seriously. Stop. You're being weird."

One more nod and—smack.

"You're the one who wants eyeliner..." Chanyeol whined defensively, rubbing the spot Baekhyun had hit him.

"There's nothing wrong with that," Baekhyun frowned, pulling a few different sticks of eyeliner off the shelf, examining them.

Chanyeol watched in interest as he picked up a few more, reading something on each of the small tubes.

"Aren't they all the same?" Chanyeol asked after a moment, his curiosity starting to get the better of him.

The glare Baekhyun gave him was enough of an answer.

"They have different colors," he explained slowly, putting the container just below Chanyeol’s eyes. "The writing tells me what color the eyeliner is."

"Oh." Was Chanyeol's stupid answer.

Baekhyun just smirked, going back to admiring the different sticks.

"Why would you want green eyeliner?" Chanyeol asked incredulously as he peered over the smaller’s shoulder.

"Why not?" Was Baekhyun's answer, as he pulled another color off the shelf.

"Pink?" Chanyeol scoffed in disbelief, reaching over and pulling the entire collection of eyeliner pencils out of Baekhyun's hands.

The shorter frowned, trying to grab them as Chanyeol held them out of his reach.

He plucked the black eyeliner out, handing it to Baekhyun.

"Only that. The other colors wouldn't suit you."

"But the pink!" Baekhyun insisted, reaching again for the pencils.

"No. It would look bad on you," Chanyeol said firmly, refusing to give into the peer pressure, mostly for the sake of his wallet. If he had endless amounts of money he probably would buy Baekhyun whatever and every color there was.

"But the sparkles," Baekhyun pouted.

Chanyeol stared down at the small stick in his hand, trying his hardest to ignore the puppy eyes Baekhyun was giving him but failing miserably when he agreed with a quick nod of his head.

The smaller grinned evilly, heading to the cashier as Chanyeol hastily set the other colors down, following Baekhyun so he could pay.

He was turning into such a softy.

~~~~

The next place the pair went was a small burger place about five minutes from the mall.

Baekhyun bought a hamburger and a milkshake, claiming he was a growing boy and needed to eat as much as he could. Chanyeol responded to that by telling him he would be short forever. Baekhyun hit Chanyeol for the third time that day.

Needless to say the pair of them were having a rather good time in each other’s company.

And even though Baekhyun wouldn’t admit it out loud, he found Chanyeol’s fascination with him cute, and was probably having more fun than someone hanging out with his enemy.

The next two hours were passed by in the movie theater.

They went to see a comedy Chanyeol had wanted to see for a while, but they ended up talking the whole time in the back of the theater.

During the two hours spent in the theater Chanyeol learned a lot about Baekhyun. He learned that Baekhyun’s father left when he was young, so he had grown up spending a lot of time at Kyungsoo’s house because his mother couldn’t always watch him. He learned that Baekhyun’s favorite colors were black, white and grey and that he really want to be a singer but he’d probably end up with a practical jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter