Unexpected Date

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So do you really like me?”

The words came out in a whisper, and Chanyeol was afraid for a moment that Baekhyun’s mother had been lying about her son’s feelings and that Baekhyun had just kissed him because—well Chanyeol didn’t want to come up with a reason to that question.

Baekhyun shifted his weight from one leg to the other, feeling nervous under the stare of the younger. His feelings were something he didn’t even want to admit to himself yet, let alone Chanyeol.

“…Yes.”

Silence filled the room around them, both of them becoming keenly aware of each other’s breathing and the sounds of Baekhyun’s mother running a shower upstairs. Baekhyun’s eyes never left the floor and Chanyeol’s never left Baekhyun.

It was when the water was cut and when all sounds in the house stopped that Baekhyun slowly moved his gaze to meet the younger’s, silently begging for some kind of reaction instead of the silent treatment he was getting.

Their eyes met and Chanyeol’s heart stopped beating for a split second as he muttered a soft, “Oh.”

Baekhyun frowned, his nose scrunching cutely as his lower lip jutted out into a pout, “Oh? What’s that supposed to mean?”

A dazzling smile broke across the giants face as he leaned towards the other, pressing his lips softly to the smaller’s soft brown hair, “It means I’m happy Bacon.”

 “Baekhyun wake up its time for breakfast!”

Baekhyun groaned, rolling onto his side as he hid his face farther into the pillow, obviously not wanting to get up early on a Sunday. He knew he had homework to do, but he was more than exhausted; staying up half the night talking to Chanyeol was not a good idea.

Chanyeol.

Baekhyun felt his cheeks start to turn pink at the thought of the tall boy and a small smile grew on his lips. He had fallen asleep to Park Chanyeol’s low sleepy voice and he could still remember the last thing he heard before going off to dreamland, it was something along the lines of, you’re beautiful Byun Baekhyun.

He could still hear the y tremor of his voice, and it made his heart flutter even as he lay there, his eye’s still sealed shut.

“Baekhyun, come get your food before I eat it myself!”

“God mom, just a second,” Baekhyun yelled back, slipping out of his soft sheets into the cold air. “At least let me put some pants on!”

He heard laughter come from downstairs but he chose to ignore it as he pulled a pair of grey sweats on, not bothering to put a t-shirt on as he pushed his bedroom door open.

He padded down to the first floor, the smell of pancakes filling his nostrils as he came closer to the kitchen. His lips curved into a grin; his mother hardly ever made him breakfast since she was never home so this was his rare treat.

Unaware of what he was about to walk into, he skipped into the kitchen, coming to a stop when he saw two people seated at the table rather than the one that he had expected. One being his mother, and the other being the boy he stayed up till one in the morning talking to; Park Chanyeol.

“Morning Baek.” The smile was sweet, the one speaking was handsome, and Byun Baekhyun felt nothing but embarrassment as Chanyeol stared at him.

His face turned a bright shade of red and he became painfully aware of how his torso was as Chanyeol’s amused gaze drifted downwards.

“Uhhh—”

“Chanyeol here wanted to come over to help with breakfast before your date today,” his mother smiled, pulling out a chair for his dumbfounded son.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he looked from Chanyeol to his mother, and then back to Chanyeol, “Date?”

“Yes, Chanyeol asked very nicely this morning if he could take you out for a date—he even brought flowers!”

Chanyeol picked up a bouquet of lilies he had beside his plate, holding them out to Baekhyun as he took a sip of the orange juice in front of him.

Baekhyun shyly took them, bringing them up to his nose to inhale the pleasant scent before awkwardly taking the empty seat beside his mother.

“Wasn’t that nice of him, Baekhyun?”

He nodded, tentatively reached out to grab one of the hot cakes on the platter his mother had set out.

“What do you say when people give you things Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun closed his eyes, he was already embarrassed enough without his mother’s scolding.

“Baekhyun,” she almost sounded serious, but Baekhyun had been living in her house long enough to know that she was just as bad a troll as Jongdae when it came to these kinds of things.

“Thank you Chanyeol.”

“You’re welcome,” he grinned, playfully winking at him.

Baekhyun’s cheeks only grew redder at the giant’s action, and he wished more than anything thing that his mother wasn’t watching this whole ordeal unfold.

But she was, and there was nothing he could do about it but sit through it until he and Chanyeol left for the date he had been unaware was happening until a few minutes ago.

Ashamed, and utterly embarrassed by the situation, Baekhyun ducked his head down, eating his pancake without looking at the other two.

He could hear his mother chuckling at him and conversing with Chanyeol, but he didn’t care, he would have rather sunk into the floor than be with Chanyeol in the presence of his mother.

And as if she knew what he was thinking, she stood up, wiping her face with her napkin before addressing the two boys in front her, “I have a meeting to attend in a half an hour, and I have to head out. I expect to hear all about this date when I come tonight Baekhyun, and the two of you better behave. I know you’re both young and hormonal, but be smart please.”

“Of course Ms. Byun, we won’t do anything rash,” Chanyeol assured, smiling up at her—obviously up to get on her good side.

“I know you won’t Chanyeol, I’m more worried about this kid trying something on you.”

“Mom,” Baekhyun scoffed, narrowing his eyes at the woman beside him. “You have got to be kidding me.”

"What, you're the one who came down half ."

"I-I-It's not like I knew Chanyeol was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter