New Predicaments

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was more than happy when the weekend was finally over, but that didn't compare to how ecstatic he felt when he and Chanyeol had turned in their project. He could finally go back to hating Chanyeol peacefully.

His good mood didn't last long though when Mr. Kim unexpectedly decided to change up the seating arrangement.

Maybe on any other normal day Baekhyun would have been assigned to sit next to Luhan, but of course today wasn't normal, it just happened to be the day Chanyeol wanted to good off as much as possible.

"Mr. Park, for the last time would you please be quiet?" Mr. Kim barked for what seemed the thousandth time. Baekhyun resisted the urge to turn around and give Chanyeol the death glare he so rightfully deserved.

"Sorry Sir. I promise it won't happen again."

"Chanyeol you promised to be quiet the last four times. Obviously your promises don't mean much."

"I'm sorry sir."

"Yes well--that won't fix the problem--but you know what would?" He asked, more to himself than to the class, a goofy grin spreading across his lips. "New seats!"

The class groaned as Mr. Kim stopped the whole lesson to get out a piece of paper. He sloppily drew the desks out on to the sheet before looking around at his anxiously awaiting students.

Baekhyun tapped his pencil nervously on the table. He knew the chances of him being placed next to Chanyeol weren't very high and he would most likely be put next to Luhan like usual, but that didn't rid him of the unsure feeling growing in the pit if his stomach.

Mr. Kim peered around at them a moment longer before deciding his plan of action. He scrawled the student’s names in the places he wanted before projecting them on the screen.

"I decided to arrange you according to your partners on the project since all of you did so well together!” Mr. Kim grinned, looking overjoyed with himself.

In that moment Baekhyun felt like walking up to Mr. Kim and smacking him upside the head. This was the last thing Baekhyun wanted. He thought he was finally done with Chanyeol but it seemed as if life was intending to keep throwing the obnoxious giant in his face repeatedly.

He closed his eyes hopelessly as the class began to shuffle around. He knew Chanyeol was coming but he didn’t want to think about it.

Several moments later he heard the chair next to him get pulled out and the sound of a bag drop.

“Hey Bacon.”

Baekhyun opened his eyes at the sound of Chanyeol’s deep voice. He didn’t bother to look at the younger while he started again on his work.

“Bacon~ Why are you ignoring me?”

“What have I said about that name?” Baekhyun inquired, turning his whole chair towards Chanyeol, giving him his full attention.

Chanyeol’s forehead scrunched as he tried to remember, before he gave his answer, “You’ve said not to.”

“So why do you still do it?” Baekhyun demanded.

“Because I think it’s cute.”

“Well that’s why I don’t talk to you. You do things I don’t like. I have no reason to talk to you. I don’t like you.”

Chanyeol fell silent as Baekhyun turned back to his half complete math equation.

The two of them worked in silence the rest of the period, Chanyeol glancing at the other occasionally, wanting to some kind of interaction but never receiving any.

The bell for lunch finally rang, and Baekhyun was out of the room before Chanyeol could even begin to even open his mouth.

 Baekhyun rushed to his lunch table, expecting to be the first to arrive as usual but instead was completely shocked to see Yixing already there along with an unfamiliar person next to him.

Baekhyun slowed his pace as he neared the table, his eyes traveling over the stranger sitting in Luhan’s usual seat.

The mysterious boy sitting next to Yixing looked like he could be not much younger than the rest of them, but at the same time he had a scary air about him, like he could beat the crap out of anyone who got in his way. He had dark black hair that came down over half of his eyes, and there were dark circles under his eyes, making him look very similar to an anorexic panda.

“Well hello there,” Baekhyun said as he got to his seat, sitting down his eyes still on the new kid as the other two looked up, completely startled.

“God Baekhyun you scared the out of me,” Yixing exclaimed, putting a hand over his heart dramatically.

“I’m sure I did,” he snorted, his eyes still trained on the other, who fidgeted uneasily under Baekhyun’s gaze. “Who’s this?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter