Ice Cream Contest

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun really wasn’t happy to see Jongdae.

He especially didn’t want to see him when he was hanging out with Chanyeol. That in itself was asking for endless teasing on Monday. How was it that Jongdae coincidently was at the same café as them? Did Chanyeol somehow text him under the table when they were sitting there? It didn’t seem likely, but maybe Baekhyun had been underestimating him the whole time…

He looked at Chanyeol who was intently listening to Jongdae.

Maybe under the stupid act, Chanyeol is a pure genius…

Chanyeol broke out into laughter, clapping like the retarded seal that he was, and to add to the freak show, his eye twitched.

No, he is definitely the moron I thought he was.

The three of them sat at a booth, he and Chanyeol on one side and Jongdae on the other. The explanation for this situation was that for some delusional reason, Chanyeol thought it was a good idea to invite Jongdae to hang out with them while his mother did her shopping.

What was he even thinking by doing that? He was basically sending Baekhyun to his death. How did he expect to become friends with Baekhyun, when he kept putting him in the most awkward situations?

Stupid, Chanyeol.

"So Baekhyun," Jongdae smiled, finally turning his attention to his, far too silent, friend. "I really didn't expect to see you out on your date with Chanyeol."

Chanyeol almost spit out the tea in his mouth. Baekhyun's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

He opened his mouth, but no sound came out.

He had not been expecting that. Not at all.

Their reactions were just priceless.

"Date?"

It was Chanyeol who finally broke the silence, his curiosity getting the better of him. He was, what some would say, confused, but he honestly was more surprised than anything.

If Baekhyun said that, then maybe Chanyeol had a chance?

"I never said we were going on a date."

Baekhyun’s voice was frighteningly quiet; his eyes drilling holes into Jongdae’s head, not realizing how those words were slowly crushing Chanyeol’s hopes.

"Yeah you did," Jongdae smiled evilly, looking between the two of them. "Last night. Baekhyun are you trying to mess with me right now?"

"No. Honest to god," Baekhyun felt himself start to panic. The last thing he needed was to give Chanyeol the wrong idea, but now with Jongdae playing around with them, who knew where this would go.

"You said date last night. And honestly how are you not on a date? You look like you're on a date. Look at the setting, perfect place to take your boyfriend don't you think?"

Out of the corner of his eye Baekhyun could see the tips of Chanyeol's ears beginning to redden.

Oh great Jongdae, just what I need. Now the rest of the day will just be ing awkward.

"I did not say date. We," Baekhyun said, pointing at Chanyeol and himself, "are not on a date. We will never, ever, be on a date."

Chanyeol’s heart sunk a little.

"Are you sure about that?" Jongdae smirked, leaning over the table slightly, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"I'm positive,” Baekhyun insisted before turning to the uncomfortable giant beside him. “I am right, aren’t I Chanyeol?"

The younger immediately agreed, his head bobbing up and down at a rapid pace, making his head ache.

"See, Jongdae? Not a date."

"That's not you said last night..." Jongdae teased, happy to finally have something to blackmail the pair of them with.

"I didn't say, anything, of the sort last night,” Baekhyun hissed, his eyes narrowing dangerously at his dongsaeng.

Jongdae gave them both skeptical looks, shrugging as he sipped on his drink.

"Are you sure you're not trying to hide it?"

"Oh my god, Jongdae."

"We aren't on a date Jongdae," Chanyeol affirmed, defending Baekhyun’s argument, his ears still obviously red. "We're just hanging out."

"If you're not on a date then why are you blushing?"

"I'm not—that doesn't mean we are—" Chanyeol stammered, his cheeks tinting an adorable pink color.

"I don't believe you," Jongdae said, taunting them in a sing song kind of voice.

Baekhyun let his eyes slide over to the giant beside him, who, from that angle, looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown. He turned back to Jongdae, glaring at him. He may not like Chanyeol that much, but Jongdae shouldn’t be so rude when Chanyeol had kindly invited him to hang out with them.

"Jongdae, will you just leave it alone? We aren't on a date; you're just being an ."

"If you aren't on a date, why did you try and hide it from all your friends?" Jongdae demanded, fully aware that Baekhyun would break soon.

"You know what. We don't have to sit here, and deal with this . We're leaving."

"You are?"

"We are?" Chanyeol asked, surprised that Baekhyun was that upset by Jongdae.

"Yes, we are," Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter