Jealousy

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was something to be said for ignoring your best friend’s texts for a week; it either meant your friendship was dwindling down to being nonexistent, you were really busy and would call them as soon as you got the chance, or it meant you were avoiding them completely in order to keep a secret. Baekhyun was the best friend determined to keep his secret, and therefore he was going to the extent of avoiding Kyungsoo as if his well-being depended on it.

Which was the only logically explanation as to why Kyungsoo was sitting stubbornly in Baekhyun’s driveway all Friday morning. Baekhyun had not replied to his texts, he had avoided being alone with his best friend for more than five minutes every day, and when Kyungsoo had asked if he had wanted to hang out that weekend Baekhyun had stumbled over every single word as he tried to explain that he was busy. Kyungsoo knew Baekhyun better than anyone, so it was obvious he was lying.

But Baekhyun had obviously thought he was convincing enough, and yet Kyungsoo still knew better than to believe him. This was why he was now sitting on the steps connecting Baekhyun’s porch to the driveway with an overnight bag beside him. He was blessed to know momma Byun’s number by heart, so he had simply called the night before to see if Baekhyun was busy, and as soon as he found out he wasn’t, he politely he asked if he could come over the next night. Thankfully, Ms. Byun knew better than to rat him out, so his arrival the next morning was a complete shock to Baekhyun.

As in, Baekhyun didn’t know he was there until he opened the front door.

And with the sound of the door creaking open caught Kyungsoo turned to see his best friend frozen in his tracks, his hand still on the doorknob as he tried to comprehend why Kyungsoo was there. He couldn’t seem to come up with a proper sentence as he gaped at the wide eyed boy, and so Kyungsoo took the initiative and spoke first.

“Hi.”

Baekhyun’s hand fell limp at his side and he looked lost as he glanced behind him, as if he was hoping someone would be there to explain why Kyungsoo was there, sitting on his front steps.

“Your mom said I could spend the night, so I decided it would be easier to just bring my stuff over in the morning rather than carry it around all day.”

“My mom…?”

Kyungsoo nodded, standing up before taking the few steps to shrink the gap between them.

“Mhmm, I think you forgot how much your mom loves me, because she welcomed me over in matter of seconds. Whereas you told me you were busy,” Kyungsoo poked Baekhyun’s forehead teasingly, “You’re a liar by the way.”

Baekhyun sighed in defeat; opening his mouth to explain before forcefully clamping it shut again. Realizing it was better that he didn’t try to come up with an excuse. Kyungsoo was here for answers, not bull.

“Put your bag inside.”

An evil smirk found its way onto Kyungsoo’s lips and Baekhyun couldn’t help but shove him a little as he passed by him.

“You’re a bully for not trusting what I said.”

“Well you’re a bully for lying to me and not telling me about Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened for a fraction of a second and he spluttered as he tried to deny what was just proclaimed, “I-no—Chanyeol and I—what—why would you—”

“Oh look there he is, you don’t think he’ll mind driving me today as well do you?”

Baekhyun shook his head dumbly as Kyungsoo walked past him again, not quite trusting his voice as Chanyeol parked his car and stepped out.

“Kyungsoo, I didn’t expect to see you here!”

There was a friendly lift to his voice, but a confused undertone which was obvious as he flashed Baekhyun—who was avoiding eye contact—a look.

“I’m spending the night, and I decided it would be easier to drop my stuff off in the morning!” Kyungsoo smiled cheerfully, hopping down the steps over to the giant as his lips formed into his signature heart shape. Chanyeol found himself grinning back almost instantly.

“Oh that’s cool, Baek didn’t tell me you were coming over—” Another glance at Baekhyun “—I guess I’ll be taking you both to school then.”

Kyungsoo nodded enthusiastically, turning back to look at Baekhyun who was closing his front door slowly as he chewed nervously on his lower lip.

“Baek.”

His ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter