Guilt Trip

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally Friday morning; the one day of the week where the students seem to never be drained and exhausted but instead were excited and rowdy, waiting anxiously for the bus ride home and then freedom for the next two days.

It was also the day that Jongdae came back.

Jongdae had come down with the flu Sunday night and had been forced to stay at home for the next four days, missing the only important part of the school week, and to then return on Friday.

He was joyous to find when he got back that, yes, indeed his friends had missed him, even though it was mostly for school related reasons, like stealing the answers from homework and getting him to do all the thinking during class. But still, he thought, at least they missed him.

When he walked into school that morning he was greeted by his friends laughter and big smiles which he soon found out were because of a certain event that occurred earlier that week. Kyungsoo had spoken to Jongin.

And, yes, as soon as those words left Baekhyun's mouth, Jongdae's day turned to .

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, no! He really did speak to him!" Luhan insisted, a huge smile spreading across his face as he remembered the incident. "It was probably the most awkward twenty minutes of our lives."

"Holy . Of course the one day I've been looking forward to since middle school happens on a day I'm sick. Of ing course."

Baekhyun snorted at Jongdae's dramatic response before adding to the conversation, “It’s okay Jongdae, he's supposedly sitting with us at lunch next week anyways. You'll get to see Kyungsoo get harassed a whole lunch period."

Jongdae turned to look at Kyungsoo, an evil smile growing on his lips.

"Really Baekhyun? You had to tell him that?" Kyungsoo grumbled, shoving Jongdae’s face away from him as the class bell rang overhead. "Now he has something to tease me about until next week."

Baekhyun just shrugged as the group split off, he himself heading to class, to what he didn't know, was going to be an interesting day.

So as any other day would normally carry out, Baekhyun entered his History class, going to his favorite spot in the front of the room. He got out his binder and his pencil before plugging in his iPod to entertain himself for the next four minutes or so.

He sat there in content, humming softly to the music, watching the class drop in slowly. And like on any other day, Baekhyun waited until he saw Chanyeol enter, and once he saw that familiar head of hair, he quickly turned his head to his desk, not wanting to draw the younger's attention to him in any sort of way.

But today was different, for him, and for Chanyeol. So different that as Baekhyun ripped his eyes away from the door in panic, Chanyeol, for once, noticed the slight movement caused by him, and in that moment, Chanyeol made a sudden decision.

He walked towards Baekhyun's desk like every day, but instead of continuing on his way to the back of the room, he stopped in front of Baekhyun's desk, placing his hands on edges of his desk and stared down at the smaller.

"Baekhyun."

Baekhyun, upon seeing Chanyeol's hands, had felt a horrible increase of his beating heart and once his name was spoken, he wished nothing more than for the day to be done and for Chanyeol to be as far away from him as possible.

But never the less, Baekhyun slowly raised his eyes to look at Chanyeol. The normal insult that would leave Baekhyun's lips never came and instead they sat there for a moment, just staring at each other.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol said again, this time waking Baekhyun up from the trance he had somehow lost himself in.

"Oh," Baekhyun said stupidly, letting his mouth hang open in an O shape for a moment before shaking his head. "Oh. I mean. Hi."

"Hi," Chanyeol half smiled the joyful glint that was usually in his eye completely dead.

"Erm," Baekhyun said, feeling slightly self-conscious under Chanyeol's stare. "Is there something you want?"

"Yes. I wanted to know if I could talk to you later. Like at lunch or something."

"Well you come over all the time anyways; I don't understand why you are just now asking for permission..."

"I meant alone."

"A-Alone? Oh I—uh—sure. Just come get me when you—when you uh—want to talk."

"Good," Chanyeol said, pulling himself away from Baekhyun's desk. "I'll see you then."

Baekhyun nodded as Chanyeol headed for his seat in the back of the class. As the bell rang for the start of class, Baekhyun shot a glance over his shoulder at the normally cheery giant but only saw that he was sitting with a frown on, his eyes glued to the desk in front of him.

Baekhyun looked away, feeling slightly nervous as he realized that something was up with Chanyeol, and it probably had to do with him.

Should I go back there and say something? No you probably should just wait until lunch...But he looks so sad. But you don't care because it’s Chanyeol, stop worrying about it. You'll see what’s wrong with him at lunch.

Never the less, Baekhyun couldn't stop thinking about Chanyeol until lunch finally decided to roll around.

As that fateful time of day hit and class came to a halt, Baekhyun awkwardly shuffled towards the door, not sure if he should just talk to Chanyeol now or wait until he came and got him. He looked at the giant who still was packing up, slower than usual, Baekhyun noticed, and then back at the door.

The classroom was quickly emptying and Baekhyun was becoming more and more nervous as he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter