Project Rival

You Can't Deny the Facts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol. The class clown. The goof ball that everyone loved. Funny in every situation and constantly making a fool of himself. Everyone wanted to be Chanyeol’s friend.

Except Baekhyun. Baekhyun hated Chanyeol.

He didn’t have a particular reason to hate him of course, he just did. Everything Chanyeol did was wrong.

He hated that Chanyeol was always happy—no one should ever be too happy. He hated how he would sweep the hair out of his face every five seconds—Chanyeol had too much hair. He hated how Chanyeol would stretch his feet out under his desk—constantly kicking his seat. Chanyeol was too tall. And Baekhyun hated it all.

But that all was about to change, starting on that fateful rainy day in Algebra.

Algebra had always been Baekhyun’s favorite class. He sat in the front row, took notes happily and aced all of his tests. He could barely hear Chanyeol’s booming voice from the front row, so he felt completely content. That class was the least of his worries. Until now.

So that is how Baekhyun’s day began, going through his first two classes happily until going to algebra, where he sat taking notes silently, chatting occasionally with Luhan and just overall being a happy camper.

It began to near the end of the period and Baekhyun and Luhan started to put their things away.

“Just a minute class,” Mr. Kim called over the students as everyone started to group up at the door, “I have a project to assign, it only take a minute or two!”

“Here’s a detailed sheet for the project,” he yelled over the class, weaving through the people, handing sheets out to everyone. “Your assigned partner is at the top of the page!”

He first handed Luhan his sheet and the pair of them leaned over it anxiously, eagerly hoping they were paired together.

Luhan saw the name first and almost instantly ripped the sheet away, giggling stupidly.

“Who’d you get!? Is it me?” Baekhyun cried, trying to get the paper from him. After a moment of struggling with Luhan he pried the paper away but Luhan broke the news first.

“I got Sehun,” Luhan said, breaking out into adorable peals of laughter.

Baekhyun’s face immediately fell and he glared at Luhan, throwing the sheet back at him.

“Wow. Just your luck. Way to leave me,” Baekhyun pouted stubbornly, crossing his arms and looking away from Luhan.

“It’s not like I decided this!” he cried in his defense, a cute ‘O’ shape forming on his lips. His fingers gripped onto Baekhyun’s arm and he shook him slightly. “Don’t be mad at me!

“You must have. Otherwise we obviously would have been paired together.”

“Drama queen,” Luhan snorted, giving up and letting go of his arm. “I’m going to go over and get Sehun’s number okay?” And with Luhan’s tiny body disappeared within the rest of the students, going to find Sehun.

Baekhyun sighed heavily, waiting for Mr. Kim to give him his sheet. He rocked on his heels, puffing his cheeks out cutely as he looked around the class.

He glanced around and from where he was he could see Luhan talking to Sehun. Luhan was grinning like a freaking idiot. ing twerp. Not even trying to switch partners because it was his crush.

"Baekhyun?" Mr. Kim said, interrupting his thoughts. "Here you go."

"Oh thanks," Baekhyun said, taking the sheet he was holding out as the bell signaling lunch rang.

He glanced down at the paper and he felt his eyes grow wide.

Chanyeol. He had ing Chanyeol.

"So Baekhyun. We're partners!" A deep voice came from behind him, as if right on cue.

The voice of the devil himself.

Baekhyun slowly turned around, his eyes meeting with Chanyeol's.

There was a big stupid grin plastered on his face, making Baekhyun's eyes narrow.

"I don't know when you want to work on this," Chanyeol said, not noticing Baekhyun’s glare, looking over the sheet. "It says here he's not giving us time in class. I guess we could get together after school sometime?"

To Baekhyun that sounded like hell. It was even worse since Chanyeol had no idea of the rage boiling inside of him that very moment.

He opened his mouth to say that to Chanyeol’s face—to clarify that they wouldn’t be hanging out—but- "Yeah that sounds fine."

"Kay cool," Chanyeol smiled. He pulled a pencil out of his pocket. "Here give me your number."

He put his paper down on the table, holding the pencil out to Baekhyun.

No! I don't want to!

"Okay," Baekhyun—against his own instinct—took the pencil and wrote his name and number along the top of the sheet.

In the back of his mind he was saying, ‘Why? Why?’

"I'll text you," Chanyeol said, taking t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter