Taeyeon’s Home; Day 4.2

Not Anymore

It’s the hard kick that jolts her awake. Her good hand finds its way to the source of the rude awakening and sleepily rubs it. As she shifts uncomfortably, she feels something else poking her side. Reaches down and touches whatever it is; realizes it’s the elbow of a seven-year-old boy.

Sunny blinks her eyes a few times, her hazy mind recalling that Jamie had fallen asleep while she was reading to him, and not long after, she’d drifted off as well. She looks at the clock and is surprised to see the time.

Her bladder won’t let her go back to sleep, so she gets up slowly and shuffles into the bathroom. It’s while she’s sitting and enjoying the relief that she starts to think of Taeyeon. Wonders how her outing with the girls went. Wonders why she didn’t wake them when they got back.

Sunny shuts off the bathroom light, does a one-handed tie job on her robe’s belt, and carefully ventures out into the kitchen - her active fetuses demanding a midnight snack. She secretly hopes Taeyeon brought her back some ice cream and left it in the freezer, despite her cold demeanor toward her before she left.

“Taeyeon?”

“What the hell are you doing out of bed, Sunny?” Taeyeon rushes to her side and robotically moves her arms around Sunny, unsure if she should try to carry her or wrap her arms around the pregnant woman to support her.

Sunny smiles and pushes down on Taeyeon’s awkward arms. “I’m fine, Taeyeon. I called the doctor today and he said I can walk around as long as I don’t feel any pain”

Taeyeon eyes her suspiciously.

“Promise” Sunny says, holding up an honorable hand.

“Well, at least sit; it’ll make me feel better”

Sunny rolls her eyes but gingerly complies, taking a seat at the dining table.

And the uncomfortable silence begins.

Taeyeon sits across from her, biting her lip, glancing anxiously at Sunny every few seconds.

“I’m sorry” she finally says.

Sunny shakes her head. “For what…?”

“For not calling you all day, ignoring my responsibilities…for being a general , I’d say”

Sunny dips her head and suppresses a smile. “You are quite good at it”

“Oh thanks”

“You asked for that one” she teases.

“So I did”

“I’m sorry too” Sunny says.

“What? Why?”

“For hanging up on you; I should’ve minded my own business and trusted that you know what’s best for your children.”

“Ah, well, sometimes I do know. And sometimes I need a good kick in the head”

It makes Sunny smile, which makes Taeyeon smile.

“But just so you know, I had an early meeting this morning; I didn’t purposely forget about Bella…and I didn’t run away, in case that’s what you were thinking”

Sunny’s eyes show guilt. “I didn’t know…”

“Of course not, it’s fine. But I wanted you to know so you don’t think I’m horrible”

“I never think that about you, Taeyeon”

“Sure about that?”

“Yes” Sunny quickly affirms.

Taeyeon nods, biting her lip. “Ok”

Sunny lifts her arm cast and rests it on the table. “You were avoiding me though, weren’t you?”

“Hmm?”

“You avoided me because of last night”

Taeyeon shrugs and shakes her head, wondering how long she can keep up the ignorance charade. Wondering how long she can keep from blurting out that the sound of Sunny and breathing hard echoed in her mind all day. Wondering how long she can keep her hands to herself.

“Taeyeon…”

Black eyes find brown.

“Let’s just get it out…”

“I, ok…I may have been…avoiding”

Sunny nods, keeping eye contact.

“I was embarrassed”

Sunny furrows her brow. “You…? Why?”

Taeyeon slowly shrugs a shoulder. “For listening. For not switching off the monitor. For enjoying it”

Sunny raises an eyebrow and smirks. “Oh?”

Taeyeon scowls at the expression. “I’m only human, Sunny”

“And so am I”

...

Sunny drops the spoon and leans back in the chair. “I feel horrible!”

“I’ll buy him more before he gets back from school tomorrow” Taeyeon assures, “he’ll never know the difference”

“What kind of mother eats her own child’s ice cream?”

“The pregnant-with-twins kind” Taeyeon winks, and takes the bowl to rinse out in the sink.

“It was so good” Sunny confesses.

“I gathered that from the way you shoveled it in” Taeyeon replies, drying her hands on a kitchen towel.

“Oi!”

Taeyeon laughs as she sits back down. “Do you…sorry, the babies” Taeyeon air-quotes, “want anything else?”

Sunny throws her balled up napkin across the table, hitting Taeyeon in the head.

“How very proper of you, Lee Sunny; you always did enjoy throwing things at me around the table”

“Stop teasing me, I’m in no condition” Sunny whines.

“That won’t always be an excuse, you know”

And Sunny can’t help but find meaning in those words. Can’t help thinking of ‘always’ as the best word in the English vocabulary.

“What did I say?”

“…Huh?”

“I can see your mind racing behind those big brown eyes”

“Oh, nothing, I’m just…happy”

“Happy is good” Taeyeon smiles.

“Yes, happy is very good”

...

“…so she’s decided to ignore them tomorrow”

“That’s her solution?”

“So far, yes”

“Well, she has to deal with it however she feels comfortable, I suppose”

Taeyeon nods and plays with Sunny’s hand as they sit on the sofa in the living room.

“Do you think I should move home?”

“No. No, Sunny, you’re not well yet”

“But if Jamie and I are coming between you and…”

“You’re not” Taeyeon insists. “This is all on me, ok? I need to learn to manage my time better, that’s all”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. They themselves told me they don’t want you to go”

Sunny looks unsure.

“You’re staying”

“But you’ll tell me, right? You’ll tell me if they want us to leave”

“If I know my daughters, they’ll tell you if they want you to leave”

Sunny laughs softly. “True enough”

...

Sunny had pulled on the back of her neck until Taeyeon got the message and leaned in, kissing her gently. The first taste of her was a mix of chocolate ice cream and peppermint toothpaste, and Taeyeon had felt the urge to on Sunny’s bottom lip a bit before deepening the kiss.

And now, well into a make-out session, Taeyeon has a hand resting on the hill that houses two satisfied babies. It’s still awkward, having to make out in a sort of sideways position, but Taeyeon can tell Sunny really is feeling less pain, because her body is able to contort in ways it couldn’t just yesterday.

Taeyeon kisses her way across Sunny’s jaw and down her neck, stopping to and particular parts. Sunny moans appreciatively, and Taeyeon opens her eyes, smiling against Sunny’s neck, and she notices something peeking out from Sunny’s robe.

Pulling away slightly, she feels her heart begin to beat even faster at the sight of Sunny’s and obviously aroused . Both are much bigger than she remembers, a result of the pregnancy, Taeyeon knows. But she’s still surprised to see them exposed, calling out to her, right in front of her for the taking.

“Getting reacquainted?” Sunny finally asks, when Taeyeon stares silently at her for a good minute.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes and sits back against the sofa.

“Do you want me to fix my dressing gown?” Sunny innocently asks, scraping her teeth against her bottom lip.

Taeyeon takes a deep breath. “It’d probably be best”

“Oh” Sunny slides her good hand out from behind Taeyeon’s back and pulls the collar of the robe across her chest. “I thought perhaps you…”

“Sunny” Taeyeon interrupts, “don’t think for a minute that I don’t want you, because I do. I really, really do. But…”

“But…?”

“You’re in no condition to…well, you’ve only one working arm, not to mention you’ve actual medical issues, like your bruised ribs and…you’re pregnant, for ’s sake”

“What’s pregnancy got to do with anything?” Sunny asks, almost insulted.

“Well…”

“Are you going to tell me you and Tiffany never made love while she was pregnant?”

“No, of course we did but…”

“Then why would you say that?”

And Taeyeon mentally slaps herself for saying the wrong thing to a hormonal woman. But that doesn’t stop her from saying, “Tiffany was my wife, Sunny. You and I are only…”

The tears in brown eyes stop Taeyeon mid-sentence. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean it like that”

Sunny shakes her head, lips pouting, eyes watering. “Tell me how you meant it then”

“I…I just want you to heal first, ok?” Taeyeon says, Sunny’s cheek. “I do want you, though. Believe that”

Sunny sees more behind Taeyeon’s eyes, but she nods anyway.

“Now, may I please kiss you again?”

Sunny gives her permission, and soon they’re back into it. But both women can feel an air of tension now, and while one mentally berates herself, the other clings to ‘always’.

....

....

....

....

Hi guys!

Enjoy :)

 

btw could this fic get more upvotes ? :)

thankyou