Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 7

Parenting for Dummies

Kevin wore his favourite dress and twirled himself round to check his appearance. Satisfied, he helped his baby tighten the bow at the back of his dress. Since Alexander’s still young, it wouldn’t hurt for him to wear a dress and be pretty anyway. Kibum wore a simple collared shirt and pants, brushing off some dust on the shoulders of it before heading to the living room.

They had invited their friends and relatives for their baby’s one month birthday, and both families were busy settling the catered dishes and putting up decorations. Deanna ran to Alexander and picked him up as soon as she saw him, kissing his chubby cheeks and squealing about how cute he was. It was the first time she saw him, and she was already in love with him.

“I told mom to bring you over. She said you wouldn’t want to see him and I got so offended.” Kevin joked, which his mother just shook her head at, busying herself with checking the order list of the catered food. “He’s perfect, isn’t he?”

Deanna smiled at her younger brother, kissing his cheeks too. “As perfect as the both of you, gosh, he’s really pretty! Like a masterpiece, the best piece of art!”

Kibum s his arm around Kevin’s now thinner waist compared to when it was after his labour, giving Deanna a proud father’s smile. “Thank you, Deanna-noona. Come over as often as you like to play with Alexander, we would always welcome you.”

“You said so! I’ll be annoying you so frequently you’ll be sick of my name! And don’t thank me! I didn’t make Alexander look so pretty.” Deanna laughed, kissing Alexander once again.

“Whatever you do, don’t steal his first kiss all right?” Kevin nudged his older sister playfully. Deanna rolled her eyes but nodded anyway.

Hyungjoon walked out of the toilet and ran to Alexander, who he saw for the second time since his birth. In heavily accented English, he grinned at Alexander, who was in Deanna’s arms. “Ahh, my baby!”

Kevin poked Kibum and whispered to him, asking him to look at their siblings. “Don’t they look like a couple now?”

Kibum snickered. Hyungjoon had bigger eyes than him, so did Deanna compared to Kevin. The two of them could definitely have a child like Alexander.

Deanna eyed Kevin suspiciously, but got distracted when Hyungjoon asked to carry Alexander.

“Here, be careful.” Deanna smiled and waved to Alexander as he reached out for her hair. “Oh, he likes my hair. Alexander~ You like my hair?”

Kevin cocked his head to a side, suddenly having an idea.

“Honey, should I let Alexander have long hair?”

Kibum looked scandalised, Hyungjoon grinned happily.

“The next Moon Heejun!” Hyungjoon announced, swinging Alexander around in his embrace.

Deanna chuckled at Kibum’s expression, and then almost lost her femininity by rolling on the floor when she saw Kevin’s.

That pretty face had eyes with a sparkling glint that wanted nothing more than to turn Alexander into a complete-

Girl.

-

Kibum found himself at home with a rented movie disc, “Cinderella”, in one hand, and popcorns in the other. Kevin himself had another bag of popcorns, grape soda in the other hand. The whole thing happened because Kevin wanted a celebration move party or something like that. He was grinning from ear to ear after his final postpartum check up, happy that he needn’t visit the hospital anymore.

“I’m all well, but since they insisted on check ups, I have no choice. You have no idea how horrible it is to have to keep visiting the hospital! It’s lessening the time I have with baby Xander.” Kevin complained.

Kibum raised an eyebrow. “Xander?”

“Isn’t that a shorter and less tongue-twisting name? Besides, it’s cute!” Kevin stuck out his tongue adorably, probably linking it to “tongue-twisting” and “cute” , because otherwise it would not make sense to have such an expression for such words.


“Afternoon, mom!” Kevin chirped and hugged Kibum’s mother. “Join us in watching the movie! Don’t keep doing the chores, I’ll feel horrible!”

“Okay, if it makes you happier.” Kibum’s mother smiled warmly and kissed Kevin’s right cheek. “Both of you can put the movie on the television first, I’ll go get Alexander.”

“Thank you, mom!” Kevin called out after, running to the sofa to settle down his bag of sweet popcorns and grape soda. “And how I love eating junk food without worrying I’ll harm the baby.”

Kibum looked at Kevin disapprovingly. “You might not be pregnant anymore but you still have to take care of your body well.”

“I know! Sheesh, so protective!” Kevin shook his head, although smiling in bliss, knowing Kibum only wanted him to be healthy. “Are you done inserting the disc?”

At the same moment, Kibum’s mother arrived with Alexander in her arms. “I have some news.”

Kevin turned to her with interest, while Kibum took his spot beside Kevin and waited for his mother to speak.

“Hyungjoonie’s bringing me overseas next week since he has been planning it forever. I’ll take some time to clean up our house because I haven’t had much time, and then will have to start packing my luggage. Kevin-ah, will you be okay by yourself?” Kibum’s mother asked worriedly, caressing Kevin’s face as she did.

“Oh? How long will you be there? Where are you going?” Kibum questioned immediately, and Kevin nodded, showing that he wanted to know as well. Alexander looked at Kevin with big curious eyes, as if saying he wanted to be let in on the secret, which did not actually need confidentiality.

“I’m heading to Singapore for two months. Hyungjoon says it would be a little warm and hard to adjust, but at least my old body don’t need to suffer the cold.” His mother chuckled.

“I’ll miss you, mom!” Kevin hugged his mother-in-law tightly. “Don’t worry about me, I’m all well now, wouldn’t be hard to do the chores by myself.”

She replied with a kind smile. “You can call your mother when you need help too. We’ve talked about this before, she said she would fly here if you ever needed help. You have to call her though, because she wanted you to learn to be a mother yourself.”

Kevin nodded in understanding.

“Okay, to the mothers in this room, can we not keep Xander waiting any longer and start the show?” Kibum pointed at Alexander who started wailing starting from Kibum knows when, since Kevin and Kibum’s mother were busy talking about how Kevin should take care of himself.

The mothers looked at each other and laughed sheepishly. Their mother rocked Alexander to try and stop him from crying, while Kevin stood up and walked to the kitchen to make some infant milk for Alexander to drink throughout the movie.

When Alexander stopped crying (thanks to the baby bottle Kevin inserted into his small mouth), Kibum’s mother held the bottle at the right angle to allow Alexander to drink to his fill before hitting the bottle away. Kevin snuggled up to Kibum, using his chest as his pillow, popping some popcorns into his mouth.

Kibum just pressed the play button.

-

Kibum thinks it is all right, locking the door after his mother left, leaving rubbish on the coffee table. The television isn’t properly switched off, but that’s all right. Xander’s sleeping on the sofa...well, at least he looks comfortable. Finding a jacket, he covered Alexander well and lifted his head to put a pillow for his baby to rest on. Kibum thinks it is all all right, tugging Kevin’s arm as he tried to clear up the coffee table.

Kevin thinks it isn’t all right, that Kibum seems to be acting weird after their mother left. The two bags of popcorns were not finish and that was really dirty and unhygienic. Electricity was being wasted with the television still somewhat switched on, and that isn’t all right. Xander sleeping on the sofa was definitely a no-no for a six weeks old baby, and no matter what Kibum did, it was still wrong. Kevin thinks it isn’t all all right, glaring at Kibum when he stopped him from cleaning up.

“Baby, tonight.” Kibum breathed heavily, pulling Kevin down to fall on him. “I need you so bad, tonight.”

Kevin tried to pull away. “I don’t think my body-”

Cut off by Kibum’s passion, Kevin found his ravished lips parting unconsciously, allowing Kibum to have his way with Kevin’s mouth. Things wasn’t supposed to end up this way, Kevin thought. There was a weak six weeks old baby and he would not let his mind get blown away by his husband (with raging hormones). No, not even if he wanted to feel like he was on drugs, not even if he wanted to feel so high he could probably reached the ozone layer, with Kibum ing into him. Really, no.

So why did he end up on bed, clothes in a pile of mess, hair strands pointing in all directions, body lying in the afterglow of love making an hour later? Kevin doesn’t know. Probably something to do with his soft-hearted nature.

Or his subconscious lust for Kibum.

-

Thank you all of you guys for reading~~! <3
And my 25 lovely suscribers, arigatou gozaimasu!
And all of you who have commented, 고마워요! :3