Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 25

Parenting for Dummies

Kevin picked up the clothes that were strewn across the room and placed it in a neat pile, before taking out some clothes from the closet for him to wear after a morning shower. He felt strong arms wrapped around his body before he was in direct contact with another body.

“Morning, baby.” Kibum greeted in a low voice, before stifling a yawn. Kibum rested his head on Kevin’s shoulder and walked with him as the other made his way to the bathroom.

“Morning, honey.” Kevin smiled, having both men’s clothes in his arms the moment he felt Kibum earlier. “What do you plan on doing today?”

“Mm, usual. Work, eat, sleep.” Kibum chuckled, before nuzzling Kevin’s neck. Kevin shivered a little, feeling ticklish, but he shook it away. He then hooked their clothes on the wall hanger neatly. “Might want to take a shower with you as something unique in my otherwise boring life.”

Kevin rolled his eyes but walked into the shower room with Kibum still right behind him. Kibum was waddling so their legs don’t get tangled, unwrapping one hand from Kevin’s body to close the shower room’s door behind him.

Kevin the tap and adjusted its position so the temperature of the water was just right. He turned his head to Kibum to warn him from trying any funny things.

“Alexander gets pretty hungry early in the morning recently so I'll have to prepare it soon.” Kevin explained as he rubbed the body wash around himself.

“I know, I have to go to work too.” Kibum ruffled Kevin's wet hair, chuckling at how Kevin thinks everything Kibum knows how to do is tease and tempt.

“Scrub my back for me?” Kevin asked as he handed Kibum a body scrubber.

“You don't even have to ask.” Kibum took it with a grin, scrubbing Kevin's back clean before returning it to him.

“Turn around, honey.” Kevin said and rubbed soap around Kibum's back while giving him a short massage. “Whatever you are going to do today, do it well, honey. You're the best and you know it.”

Kibum smiled, and the two continued showering, before they rinsed themselves and exited the shower room.

Kevin helped Kibum dry his hair with a towel while the other wears his clothes. Kibum then replaced Kevin's hands with his own as Kevin wore his own clothes.

Kevin wrapped his own head with the towel, and the two proceeded to brush their teeth and wash their faces at the sink.

As soon as they were done, Kevin walked to their closet with his hand intertwined with Kibum's, pulling him along. He took out a tie and put both his hands around Kibum's neck, before both hands caught hold of the tie. He then brought the two ends to the front and used the tie to pull Kibum's head lower and closer to allow both their lips to meet. Kevin smiled into the kiss and pulled away the next second, returning to help Kibum tie his tie.

Kibum waited patiently as Kevin fixed his tie, staring at his wife’s facial features. The concentration in those brown eyes, the slight pout made by those pink lips, and everything else, really, spelt beautiful.

“Whatever good deeds did I do to ever have you?” Kibum sighed dreamily, still staring at Kevin lovingly.

Kevin smiled radiantly, lightly punching Kibum’s shoulders for making him blush. “It’s mutual, honey.”

Kibum’s hand went around Kevin’s waist the moment Kevin was done with his tie, and they walked out together as Kevin leaned on Kibum’s shoulder while he could. “I’ll make a quick sandwich for you to go?”

“Would do, I have only a few minutes to spare, anyway.” Kibum nodded and looked around. “Should I bring Xander to brush his two front teeth?”

“Okay, I’ll make his now as well.” Kevin turned his head so his voice could be heard from a distance. “Thank you, honey.”

“Mm.” Kibum nodded and walked towards Alexander’s room, politely knocking before entering. “Xander?”

Alexander was still soundly sleeping, only waking up after Kibum held him in his arms. He yawned and rested his head on Kibum’s chest. “Mornneeeey, daddy.”

“Morning, Xander.” Kibum chuckled and moved towards the bathroom, using the special baby toothbrushes and then brushing the two front teeth that were slowly but surely growing.

After they were done, Kibum kneeled down to walk on his knees, hands on Alexander’s hips to keep him from falling. “Walk, Xander.”

Alexander nodded and took his few baby steps, a lot better than a few months ago when he kept falling down.

“Honey, your breakfast is ready, and you’re running late.” Kevin called out and the father-son duo saw him as he walked to the corridor. Kevin smiled and walked to them. “I’ll take your place. Breakfast’s on the table, I’ll lock the door.”

“Love you.” Kibum kissed Kevin’s cheeks and leaned lower to kiss Alexander’s forehead. “Love you too.”

Alexander waved with a toothy smile. “Bye, daddy!”

Kibum did a quick wave and ran off, stopping only to take his breakfast before running out. Kevin chuckled and looked at Alexander with a smile. “Continue walking, or breakfast first?”

Alexander giggled sheepishly. “Food!”

“All right.” Kevin carried Alexander up and ruffled his hair. “Food first.”

-

After Alexander ate his breakfast (and his very curious question on whether Kevin got bitten by a blood vampire), Kevin left him an alphabet game to play with to wake Soohyun up. The little boy was about to return to dreamland when he found himself in Kevin's arms, but Kevin shook him slightly.

“Wake up, darling baby Hyunnie~!” Kevin smiled when Soohyun looked at him with squinted eyes, probably because his eyes were still not adapted to the strong morning sun.

“Mommy...sleep?” Soohyun yawned. Kevin shook his head, walking towards the bathroom.

“Darling, you've slept enough. Wake up now and I'll play ball with you.” Kevin coaxed, causing Soohyun to open his eyes wide, face filled with excitement. “Yes, I'm not lying.”

Soohyun instantly clapped his hands, now fully awake. Kevin chuckled. Soohyun no longer bugs Kevin to sing with him. He picked up a new hobby, which was to roll around on the soccer ball, sometimes trying to balance his whole form on the ball.

After Soohyun's breakfast and a short session of playing ball, Kevin brought him to where Alexander was playing before leaving to do the chores (Kevin thinks there's no end to chores, a very sad observation). Alexander got bored of the alphabet game, deciding to train his walking.

Soohyun watched in fascination as Alexander stumbled but managed to keep himself standing. He used his hands to support himself as he tried standing up, only to fall back down on his bottom. Soohyun pouted, now envious of his walking brother.

He tried again, using all his might, but he was still on all four. Soohyun used both his hands and legs to move forward, towards Alexander.

“Hyung, teach walk.” Soohyun tugged on Alexander's pants, causing it to fall to the ground. Alexander blinked, before squatting down to pick up his pants and wear it once more.

“Okay, but you cannot give up.”

Soohyun nodded eagerly, watching as Alexander carried a small stool in front of him. Alexander took Soohyun's both hands and placed it on the stool, before walking behind Soohyun.

“Push the floor with your legs. Straight your legs.” Alexander said as he carried Soohyun and used his foot to straighten Soohyun's legs. He dropped Soohyun as the younger was too heavy for him, to find Soohyun on his knees. “No! Leg must always be straight!”

Alexander took the stool away from Soohyun, putting his own two hands on it.

“Look.” Alexander pushed against the stool and straighten his legs, before pushing himself backwards so he was standing upright and not leaning against the stool. “Okay?”

Soohyun grinned excitedly and crawled towards the stool, mimicking Alexander's action. He managed to hold himself with his arms but when he straightened his legs and pushed himself backwards, he fell.

Soohyun pouted while Alexander sat down and waited for him to succeed. “You can do it!”

Soohyun continuously tried, while Alexander waited patiently. Kevin walked by the scene a few times, watching curiously but Alexander shooed him away every time.

Finally getting impatient, Alexander decided to try a new way of teaching Soohyun. He carried Soohyun by his thighs, screaming for him to straighten his legs because the weight was too heavy for a one year eight month old child.

Kevin rushed out as he heard Alexander screaming, to watch Alexander struggle to keep Soohyun up in the air.

“Darling, what are you doing?” Kevin sighed and walked over. “Put him down.”

Alexander was more than willing to put Soohyun back on the floor, only to find that Soohyun was blocking his sight as he straightened his own back.

Kevin and Alexander stepped back to stare at Soohyun, who was looking at his legs with undeniable excitement in his eyes.

“DARLING BABY, YOU ARE STANDING!” Kevin squeaked and kneeled down to hug Soohyun, before pulling Alexander in. “And you were the one that made it happen, oh Xander, you can be half a parent already!”

Alexander grinned proudly and high-fived his younger brother. Being an older brother was nice, you teach them what you know and feel proud after that.

Kevin later boasted Alexander's achievement to Kibum, although the latter was more concerned about Soohyun being able to really stand, Alexander felt happy.

“I'm going to teach Soohyun English!”

-

You big bunch of erts!!!
I updated and I get 21 comments, ahahahha!
Thank you to also my 74 subscribers! :D
Aren't Xander and Soohyun just so cute? XD