Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 12

Parenting for Dummies

Lady luck wasn’t on Kibum’s side, deciding to ignore Kibum’s wish. That night, Alexander was screaming for attention. Kevin was really tired, so he shook Kibum awake and pleaded him to attend to Alexander.

“Maybe we shouldn’t spoil him. Let him cry.” Kibum muttered, still unwilling to leave his comfortable bed.

“No! How could you!” Kevin hissed, pushing Kibum off the bed. “Go.”

“You go do it then.” Kibum dropped himself back on the bed. “I have an important meeting tomorrow, baby.”

“Hyung, I’m really worn out.” Kevin tried pouting. “Please?”

“If you want to him to stop crying, you do it.” Kibum covered his ears with the pillow, trying to drown out Alexander’s cries.

“Why is it always me? You’re the father.” Kevin poked Kibum’s back hard, trying to get him to do the job.

“You’re the mother.” Kibum stated back.

“I did my job...” Kevin retorted, hinting that Kibum didn’t.

“And it’s still your job.” The older man brought up the blankets to now drown out Kevin’s voice.

“HEY! You don’t want the kid anymore?” Kevin frowned, anger evident in his voice. It was as if the incident before dinner was about to replay.

“NO!” Kibum finally got out of his hiding place, staring back into Kevin’s eyes. “Argh, fine!”

Kevin looked mildly pleased for a second, but quickly gave his firm glare to make Kibum walk in the direction of Alexander’s baby room.

-

Kibum was really tired. Alexander can be really cute when he wants to, but the little baby seems to love messing with Kibum. Kevin wouldn’t understand his pain, because the little devil was a total angel in Kevin’s eyes (yes, even after countless of sleepless night). Either that or he’s just being really mean to Kibum.

That’s unfair, Kibum’s his father!

And he has been suffering for six months now (no longer about sleeping, because Alexander got over that phase).

Kevin’s stomach was growing day by day again, baby already twenty six weeks old. Kevin thought he didn’t want to bother his mother-in-law nor mother anymore, thus told them not to worry and he would take care of himself. He also has been exercising frequently as his doctor told him again, now in his second pregnancy period. With Kevin and a seven month and 2 weeks old child, Kibum couldn’t help but worry, thus coming home early once his job was done. His company was pretty stable, and since his general manager was his classmate for years, he trusted the other man to take care of his company.

Being home early means more time with Alexander, the baby that does not like Kibum. Kibum still hasn’t found a solution. He tried playing Barbie with Alexander.

Nope, didn’t work.

Alexander, on the other hand, was a smart kid. He was learning two language at the same time, being coached by Kevin since Kibum wasn’t the type to teach properly, nor does he have the time. He could speak simple sentences and count from one to ten. He was however, still toothless and bald.

He loves his parents very much.

Mommy is a very pretty person that looked like him, Alexander thinks. They are always wearing the same thing, and Alexander thinks he will grow up to look like mommy. He wants long hair though, but mommy does not seem to have nor plan to have long hair, which disappoints him. Mommy is also very nice, always being patient and having a big smile that was really, really pretty. He tried to ask mommy to teach him the word pretty, just so he can use it on mommy, but no, he doesn’t know how to get his point across. He finds it weird that mommy’s stomach is getting rounder. Was something growing inside? Why doesn’t daddy’s nor his has something growing inside?

Daddy is a very funny person that is very weird, Alexander thinks. He can be really scary and Alexander would not dare say a word, or he can be really cute doing random things at random times. Daddy looks very good, but he has dark circles around his eyes so that makes him look bad. Alexander thinks teasing daddy is a very fun thing to do, because daddy never gets angry but keeps on trying. Daddy’s really nice too, he keeps smiling even though Alexander makes fun of him. Maybe one day, when daddy doesn’t like to be played with anymore, he will stop being mean to daddy.

Maybe it’s because he was a prankster, so one day, when Kibum lies down in front of him, he thinks Kibum was playing with him. He laughed and crawled all over Kibum, giving him a light kiss on the lips.

Kevin walked by the scene and smiled. “Alexander, wake daddy up, we shall go shop for new clothes!”

Alexander did as he was told, poking Kibum’s cheeks. There wasn’t any reaction. He poked harder, this time even poking Kibum’s eyes. Alexander frowned, crawling around and poking every part of Kibum.

“Hm? Daddy’s still sleeping?” Kevin raised an eyebrow as he smoothed out the creases on his shirt, walking to the father and son. “Honey?”

Kevin knelt down and shook Kibum twice, and the man still isn’t responding.

“Honey...? Kibummie-hyung?”

Alexander looked as Kevin’s face turned pale white.

“KIBUM-HYUNG, DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!”

-

So I left a cliffhanger :3~ Oh, in case any of you thought a sudden pregnant Kevin is sudden, think again. They had , didn't they? :3
/Ninja-ing till the last minute XD