Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 2

Parenting for Dummies

The next day arrived within hours, and Kevin woke up first. The sticky feeling was still there, but it wasn’t as uncomfortable as the night before. He was very tired, but the feeling was like he completed an international marathon around the world. Muscles were aching all over him, yet it was as though he was on the top of the world. None of the muscle aches could stop this glory.

Turning to look at his amazingly handsome husband, he smiled while lightly pecking Kibum’s thin lips. The slight movement woke Kibum up, who stifled a yawn cutely.

“You’re up, baby?” Kibum greeted in a deep voice that Kevin never heard before. Marriage life was sure surprising, but this was a surprise he would love to get used to. No one would refuse such a mind-blowing wake up call, at least not Kevin.

Kibum kissed Kevin softly too and the both of them stayed in their position for an hour, plainly cuddling.

“Let’s waste today away.” Kibum wasn’t done with staring at Kevin, and he could have continued staring for the rest of the day, but he felt like he needed to say something.

“No!” Kevin shook his head like a little child. “This is our precious first day together!”

Kibum sighed. Maybe he shouldn’t have opened his mouth.

Kevin poked Kibum lightly, asking him to take a shower.

“Let me laze around, you wash up first.” Kibum rejected, pulling the blanket over his head to prove his words.

Kevin looked cautiously at the blanket, which was hiding Kibum. “Keep things that way...don’t look.”

Kibum immediately defied, pushing the covers away from his head and turning to the bathroom’s general direction. “What do you mean?”

Kevin was already on his way to the bathroom, yet instead of running into the bathroom, he ran back to the bed, grabbing part of the blanket to duck under.

“Don’t look! It’s embarrassing!” Kevin’s face was flushed red in shyness.

Kibum raised his eyebrow in amusement. “Baby, I saw everything yesterday.”

“Liar! It was dark!” Kevin tried, knowing he was the one lying since he could see Kibum’s perfectly sculpted abs under the moonlight.

“If you say so...” Kibum shrugged and pulled the blanket off them, throwing it down his side of the bed.

“Ahhh!” Kevin screamed, galloping to the bathroom and shutting the door.

“I saw you clearly, baby. Now why don’t you let me shower with you?” Acting polite, he knocked the door, but turned the knob a second after.

As expected, Kevin let out a girly scream and pouted at Kibum. “Let me have the last of my privacy?”

“You knew very well it wouldn’t exist after marriage. It was threw out of the window and locked out.” Kibum hugged Kevin’s form from the back, nuzzling his neck. “At least with me, there’s no borders we can’t cross.”

Kevin sulked, aware that it was true. “I know, I know, but it’s still weird to show myself to you.”

“Then live with it, in no time it would be weird without us baring ourselves to each other instead.” Kibum smirked, and Kevin inserted the toothbrushes into both their mouths to silence him and stop him from appearing smug.

“Shut up, your mouth stinks.”

-

“Honey, where should we go today?” Kevin asked excitedly, already ready to leave the house.

Kibum smiled back, feeling bad that he couldn’t bring Kevin to a honeymoon because of his work schedule. His boss, however, let him have a day off as an apology for making him work all day long and unable to allow him a week’s leave.

“Any place you want, baby.” Kibum hugged Kevin from the back, around his waist. “Any place with you is fine with me, because you’re the heaven, my heaven.”

Kevin rolled his eyes. “Marriage means practising being practical. Should I ban you from sweettalking?”

“Baby, that’s taking my life away.” Kibum whined adorably. “I’ll have nothing else to say!”

“We can talk about how you should work to get more money and plan to adopt a child or two. I want a girl.” Kevin nudged.

“Right.” Kibum sighed. “No wonder my brother told me not to get married. I loved you a lot more when we were dating.”

Kevin frowned and stomped on Kibum’s feet. “Fine! I-”

“Baby, take the joke. Breathe in and out. You never get so uptight before.” Kibum mumbled and brought Kevin closer.

“You never joke about your love for me before!” Kevin sobbed, elbowing Kibum.

“You know I love you more than I could ever show you, baby don’t doubt that. I’ve seen every side of you, and my love never waned. A hundred years down the road, it would still stay. Kevin, it would.” He turned Kevin around and pecked him on the lips. “I’ll try not to joke about love anymore then, don’t be sad all right?”

Kevin rubbed his eye and nodded. “Okay. Shall we go to...Lotte World?”

Kibum took Kevin in his arms for a minute, wanting the warmth to make Kevin feel better first.

“Let’s go now.”

Holding hands and leaning close, they left the house, all sadness forgotten.

-

“Ahhh!” Kevin and Kibum screamed in harmony, as the roller coaster zoomed downwards.

Clutching Kibum’s arm tightly, Kevin closed his eyes in fright. “I don’t wanna dieeee!”

Kibum took a second to laugh at his adorable husband, before gripping the safety over-the-shoulder restraints with one hand and taking Kevin’s hand with the other. He was afraid too, but he wasn’t going to scare Kevin by telling him that.

“I’m here, baby. Right here.” Kibum tried to smile, but ended up yelling when they headed down again.

After the ride, the couple got out of their seats, with Kevin walking in a crooked line.

“Kevin, are you okay?” Kibum blinked in surprise, catching Kevin before he fell on the ground. “Dizzy?”

“A little I guess.” Kevin giggled, head hurting from the spinning of his world. “You’re turning upside down~!”

Kibum chuckled, helping Kevin up his back. “I’ll carry you till you’re ready to walk then.”

Now being piggybacked, Kevin rested his head on Kibum’s shoulder to will away the dizziness. Kibum smiled and walked towards the exit, stopping at the station where pictures of them during the roller coaster rides were taken.

Kevin looked adorable clinging onto him, although he seemed a little afraid himself. Nevermind, it’s all a memory, Kibum thought as he bought the pictures.

When they went back down to the ground, Kevin got better and wanted to see the photographs.

“AHAHA! You’re scared too!” Kevin teased, smiling satisfiedly at their pictures. “We look awesome!”

Kibum laughed at Kevin’s narcissism, asking him where they should head next.

“I want some ice-cream, then we’ll do about two to three more things before we grab some lunch and continue. Fine with you?” Kevin planned out nicely, looking at the map containing location of all the rides. They were handed the map at the entrance and since Kevin was the only one who brought a cute bugs bunny plush backpack, he was in charge of keeping and taking it out.

“I told you baby, today’s your day.” Kibum turned his head to kiss Kevin’s cheeks, before walking towards a Häagen-Dazs ice cream stand. “What do you want?”

Kevin looked over Kibum’s shoulder and then at the tender of the ice cream stand. He ordered with a pretty smile of his. “Chocolate chip cookie dough please.”

“I’ll have caramel cone.” Kibum thanked as he was handed two cups. He passed them to Kevin, who held the cups by crossing his arms around Kibum’s neck so as to prevent himself from falling. He then took out his wallet and paid for the ice cream.

“Enjoy your day! You two brothers look very loving.” The girl bowed with a polite smile and placed the money into the cash register, taking out change to give Kibum.

The two looked at each other, before chuckling awkwardly. Kibum took the change and scratched his head, wondering how else to respond. “Erm, thank you.”

-

Kevin ran and fell onto their sofa ungraciously as soon as he stepped back into their house. That day was filled with screams, laughter and most of all, fatigue. Kibum locked the door before falling on top of Kevin, the both staying in the comfortable position for a long moment.

“I’ll take a shower first.” Kevin informed as he tried to get Kibum off him, only to be pulled back by his husband.

“Nah-uh, you stay with me until I feel like bathing, then we’ll take a bath together.” Kibum exhaled in a deep voice, beside Kevin’s ear, causing him to shiver a little.

Kevin then blushed and punched Kibum with a strength he thought was painful, but Kibum didn’t even flinch a bit.

“You’re so cute, you know.” Kibum grinned, nuzzling the younger’s neck.

“I didn’t, but you’ve been telling me on such an hourly basis it’s hard not to know anymore.” Kevin chuckled, ruffling the older’s hair lovingly. “Let me go?”

Kibum shook his head and cuddled closer to Kevin, deciding whatever will happen that night.