Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 32

Parenting for Dummies

“Kibummie-hyung!” Kevin called from the kitchen, and craned his neck out as if to help his words go further. “Can you wake the kids?”

Kibum had a hand smooth over his shirt to eliminate any creases, before registering his wife’s words from the floor above. “Yeah, sure, give me a moment!”

He then knocked on Alexander’s room before entering, seeing his eldest child sleeping soundly. The new room was decorated courtesy of his wife and the owner of this room, in bright colours dominantly pink. Along the walls were a few of Alexander’s drawings, and the floors were cluttered with dolls and dollhouses. One would think this was a girl’s room if they weren’t careful in their thoughts. Then again, even if they were, it still looked like a girl’s room. “Xander? Can you wake up now?”

Stirring in his sleep, he only rubbed his eyes awake when his father came to carrying him off his bed.

“Daddy…” Alexander yawned, smiling cutely. “Good mornnn- eeee.”

“Morning.” Kibum smiled, kissing his child lightly. Setting Alexander on his feet, he let him walk towards the bathroom now that he’s learning to brush his own teeth. “Mommy made breakfast, so go down the slide after you’re done, okay?”

“Slide! Okay, daddy!”

Kibum chuckled lightly, then moving to the next room housing his second son. “Soohyun?”

“Hey daddy!” Soohyun greeted, wide awake and kicking his soccer ball towards a small goalpost Kibum got for him on the way home from work just two days ago. “GOAL!”

“That’s good.” Kibum smiled, as Soohyun ran into his arms. “Now, have you brushed your teeth?”

“No.” Soohyun shook his head happily, breathing out air excitedly from his mouth. “But my breath doesn’t stink!”

“Yes it does!” Kibum lied, coaxing his son to the bathroom. “Come on, go get your teeth brushed, okay? After that, slide down to the dining room and eat breakfast. Go on.”

“Okay, daddy!” Soohyun toddled towards his door, covering his mouth with both his hands and then loudly exhaled. “Hm, maybe it stinks a bit.”

-

Alexander and Soohyun raced each other to the slide, with Soohyun being faster yet again. Soohyun stuck out his tongue, laughing as he slid down the slide. “Yay!”

Pouting, but nevertheless happy to be playing with a slide inside his own house, Alexander dropped himself on the slide right after Soohyun got away from the bottom of it. “Whee!”

They exchanged glances and once again raced each other to their chairs.

“BREAKFAST TIME!” The two brothers chorused, grinning widely as they got into their seats themselves.

Kevin smiled as he served breakfast, Lucky Charms for Alexander and Frosties for Soohyun. He whipped up three quick sandwiches for Kibum who was in a rush, and had two for himself.

“Yay! Lucky Charms!” Alexander cheered, picking out the marshmallows and chomping down on the soft delights.

Soohyun soaked his own cereal with milk and made them all mushy, the way he liked it. Mixing vigorously, he held the bowl up and swallowed it all.

“Slowly, sweetie.” Kevin warned gently, but Soohyun only replied with a wide smile, milk lining his lips. “Come on, I’ll wipe your mouth for you.”

“Mommy! I want a second bowl!”

“Okay, okay.” Kevin nodded, getting out of his seat and getting the cereal box for Soohyun. “Honey, what do you want for dinner?”

Kibum chewed quickly his last piece of sandwich and stood up, reaching for his socks and then clumsily putting them on. “Hm, you?”

“Kibummie-hyung!”

“What does that mean?” Alexander asked, slowly enjoying his breakfast. “Mommy can be eaten?”

Kibum laughed, then hurrying over to Kevin to give him a quick kiss, his hands slightly rubbing the swelled belly of his wife’s. Lightly ruffling both his sons’ head, he waved them a goodbye and rushed out of house. “Anything will be fine!”

“Mommy, what does it mean?” Persistently asking, Alexander was faced with a blushing Kevin, scratching his head for a satisfactory answer.

“Um…” Kevin sighed, pouring more Lucky Charms for Alexander in hopes of changing the subject. “Can mommy have some marshmallows?”

-

It was pretty much still a new house with them moving in barely for a week, and while it was lovely and big, Kevin would lie if he said everything was all sunshines and rainbows. A bigger house meant a longer cleaning routine, and it also meant he was always late whenever his kids call for him.

Like now, when he just heard something drop.

“Mommy, it’s not me! Soohyun did it!” Alexander pouted sadly, pointing at his younger brother before raising both his hands as if stating his innocence.

“No! Xander-hyung’s a liar!” Soohyun hurried to his own defence, making a cross with his arms.

The two were standing before a torn bag of rice with all its content spilled all over the kitchen floor. Kevin sighed, counting at the back of his head that it was probably only two days ago he bought this heavy bag of rice back from the grocery store, body carrying another what-felt-like-twenty-kilograms.

“He took the bag of rice and did weightlifting! I told him to stop!” Alexander quickly gave his side of the story.

Possible.

“But he dropped it, and then I didn’t know what to do so I took your clothes and cleaned up the mess.”

Kevin frowned slightly, giving the statement a little more thought. Alexander was always a bit weird…possible.

“No! He was taking your clothes and you had some big big dresses for your big big stomach so he took them out of your closet to wear!”

The mother of the two turned to Alexander and stared. Alexander liked cross-dressing. Very. Possible.

“And he asked me if he was pretty, I said no, so he tumbled the bag of rice from up there!” Soohyun wrapped up his story, pointing to the top of the rice box where Kevin last left the bag of rice.

Oh my goodness. Kevin widened his eyes at the sentence. That’s incredibly possible!

“Then because we heard someone coming in, we took the dress and…well, tried to hide the mess!”

“No! Mommy! Don’t believe him!”

“Mommy!”

“Mommy!”

Kibum walked in, only five minutes since he returned home from the office, and all the whining suddenly came to an end. Kevin thanked God, sighing softly.

“Mommy, it’s my fault!”

Oh, no.

“No, I’m the younger and immature one, it’s all my fault.”

No.

“He insulted my prettiness. You told me I was beautiful and so I didn’t have to ask him- oh. No, no, erm, I wanted to confirm it so I asked him and he said no. So I was angry and you said never to play with food so it’s his- no, my fault that I got angry and-“

“No! You know I love to carry heavy things, then I wanted to transfer the rice into the rice box because it’s easier that way to carry with the grab things and all and then I was weak, and then it got out of my hands and then…and then…what was I saying? Oh, and then Xander-hyung said he saw you used pretty clothes to wipe the floor till shining clean so he went to find the magic dresses and helped me clean the-”

Kibum blinked, looking questioningly at Kevin. All he wanted was a cup of water. “Baby, what’s happening?”

Kevin turned from the two children to Kibum and then back to the children. “I don’t even know. Don’t ask me, my goodness.”

“Erm, sure. Where did this mess come from?” Kibum raised an eyebrow, looking at the two brothers suspiciously. The two instantly looked down at the floor, guilty.

“I’ll clean it up after the headache goes away.” Kevin sighed, rubbing his temples as he walked out the kitchen, in the direction of the master bedroom. “Honey, can you remind me why I taught them the word “no”?”

Kibum furrowed his eyebrows and narrowed his gaze on the two shuddering figures.

“I’ll clean it up!” Alexander nervously said.

“Me too!” Soohyun quickly added, worrying his bottom lip at his father’s stern look.

“No, you go give mommy a head massage!”

“No, you do it! I’ll clean up the mess! I’m used to doing backbreaking things. You can do the girly things like massaging!”

“No!”

“No!”

“Baby, I frankly don’t know.” Kibum rubbed his own temples as he left the kitchen, before reappearing. “I say the both of you clear the mess and I’ll give your mother a massage. You have only five minutes.”

The brothers sulked and glared at each other as they cleaned up the messy kitchen.

“Your fault!”

“Yours!”

“I said.” Kibum reappeared, eyes laying on both brothers. The two cowered away and hurried to start sweeping the rice back into the torn bag. “Seriously.”

-

The story looks so disjointed in the middle cause they were two different plots and I just wanted to weave them together and get it over with. Fluffy fillers are the hardest to write, my goodness.
Next chapter ACTUALLY has development so yeah, it wouldn't be so disjointed!
Anyway, it's kinda sad that the fanfiction world seems to be moving in slow motion recently. The Kemaru tag didn't have much updates, and back in thoseeee days it would be full of chapters waiting for me to read :/
Anyway, I feel like I'm really raising a few kids with all these uncompleted stories XD Most are started like... three years ago?!?!

Love to 11 commenters and the 151 subscribers! I can not love you guys enough, because if an author did this to me I'd probably slap the author a thousand times >_>