Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 26

Parenting for Dummies

“Baby, time to wake up.” Kibum yawned, shaking Kevin awake for yet another usual day of their married life. The younger stirred and pulled the blankets over his head. “Baby?”

“Honey, I think I’m sick.” Kevin sniffed from below the blankets, causing his words to come out muffled. Kibum went under the blankets and asked again. “I think I’m sick.”

“What’s wrong?” Kibum put a hand on Kevin’s forehead. “You don’t have a fever.”

“I think I have a flu.” Kevin pouted and pushed Kibum out of the bed. “I don’t want to pass it to you.”

“Baby, even if it’s a terminal illness, I wouldn’t want you to suffer alone.” Kibum dropped himself back on bed. “Are you feeling really horrible?”

“Just a little, I can’t breathe properly. My voice is coming out weirdly.” Kevin said and rubbed his nose. “It still sounds weird.”

“Wait for a minute, I’ll be back after a call.” Kibum jumped off the bed and took his handphone with him.

“Honey, don’t tell me you’re taking another leave of absence for me!” Kevin sighed as Kibum ignored his words and made the call. Kibum walked back a minute after with a big smile plastered on his face. “I told you not to take any more days off for me!”

“Mm, nothing’s more important than your health.” Kibum shrugged. “We’ll get our sons fed, I’ll call my mother over and then we’ll head over to the hospital. Come on, let’s wash up.”

“Kibummie-hyung!” Kevin stood akimbo as Kibum got him out of bed. “I can go to the hospital myself, I’ll be just fine, honey.”

“I know, I just want to be by your side entirely for a day.” Kibum pecked Kevin’s lips and pulled him out of bed. “You’ll let me, won’t you?”

“Stupid, I know you’re making me feel better.” Kevin rolled his eyes but smiled and followed Kibum. “All right, today’s special then.”

“Love you.” Kibum grinned.

“Too.” Kevin smiled back merrily.

-

“Nope, Mrs Kim is perfectly fine. Nasal stuffiness is very common in pregnancy because of hormonal effects on the nasal passages.” The doctor explained with a smile, gesturing for the couple to take a seat.

Kevin and Kibum only blinked at each other.

“He’s pregnant again?” Kibum asked.

“Oh, you didn’t know?” The doctor looked surprised. He then moved on to check his notes. “Mm, you didn’t know. Yes, Mrs Kim is pregnant for five weeks already.”

“That explains a lot.” Kibum grinned, hugging Kevin’s waist. “Which means, no, you didn’t eat the wrong thing yesterday, no, that wasn’t food poisoning.”

“Okay, okay.” Kevin chortled, turning to the doctor. “I’ll be coming back for check-ups then?”

“Definitely.” The doctor nodded and went through a few main points that Kevin and Kibum already heard twice, now thrice.

Kevin tuned out the doctor’s words trusting himself to know better after about 16 months of pregnancy added up together. Kibum listened attentively (which made Kevin secretly giggle) and stole glances at Kevin once in a while.

When the doctor finally finished saying all the tips he had, the couple walked out of the room and went to queue to pay the bill for medical consultation.

“Are you ready?” Kibum smiled as Kevin leaned his head on the older’s shoulder.

“I don’t know for sure. But you’ll be with me.” Kevin looked up from his position. “That’s all I need, really.”

“I’ll be with you, as long as we both shall live.” Kibum nodded in agreement. “I vowed that, didn’t I? I vowed to take you as my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love, to have and to hold, from this day forth, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad, to honour, to love and to cherish; till death do us part. I vowed it to the skies, to the earth, to my parents, to your parents. Most importantly, I vowed it to you and I wouldn’t change any of those words even if I had a chance to.”

“You’re a hopeless romantic.” Kevin hugged Kibum’s body from the side, comfortable with the warmth Kibum was emitting.

Kibum shrugged. “And you wouldn’t want me any other way.”

“I hate the truth in your words. You’ll get egoistic.”

“I love you too.”

-

Kevin and Kibum put their shoes away and walked home to find only Alexander and Soohyun playing with their own toys. There was a note stuck on the side of the wall.

“I had an errand to run for Kibummie's brother. I fed them, bathe them and told them to stay in the living room area. Sorry for not staying! Tell me the results of the test, all right?”

Kevin smiled and nudged Kibum, passing him the note. Kevin went to get the both of them water, before walking out of the kitchen and passing his cup to Kibum.

“Okay, sweetie pies.” Kibum took a sip of water and passed it back. He then clapped his hands for attention. The two kids looked at him and smiled, finally noticing his presence.

“Hello daddy!” Alexander greeted. “And mommy!”

“Daddy! Mommy!” Soohyun extended his arms and thus Kibum carried him up. Kevin picked up Alexander and the family moved to the sofa.

“There's something I want to say.” Kevin started, but Kibum stopped him.

“Mommy is pregnant.” Kibum spoke, turning to Alexander. “Again.”

Alexander nodded, while Soohyun blinked at them curiously.

“What's pwet-nert?”

The trio laughed at him, and Kibum ruffled his hair.

“It's pregnant. Anyway, it means you are going to have a younger brother or sister. Mommy's stomach will start growing, and I want you guys to take care of her and your younger brother or sister. Do not hit mommy's stomach because it'll scare the baby, okay?” Kibum explained slowly to Soohyun who seemed to barely get it.

Alexander sighed, jumping off the sofa to find Soohyun's ball. He returned and told Soohyun to look.

“From this.” Alexander patted his flat stomach.

“To this.” Alexander stuffed the big ball into the shirt he was wearing.

Kevin giggled at how Alexander interpreted the issue so easily. Kibum smiled as Soohyun nodded, reaching over to pat the ball. Alexander put his hands protectively before him, shaking his head.

“No, baby will-” Alexander made a horrified face, causing the trio to laugh at him. Kevin then brought Alexander back in his arms, hugging his waist tightly.

“You're so cute, darling.”

Soohyun reached over to take the ball from Alexander's shirt, stuffing it in his own. “I'm pwetnant!”

-

Eighty...eight subscribers :O
/currently very shocked
It was only 74 on my last update! :O!
Haha, so thank you guys for the love!
And my 13 commenters! <3 ^^
Hoped you guys liked Chapter 26~

Oh, by the way, updates will be slow because I'm writing Behind the .
Check it out if you have not~!
Behind the : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/87969/