Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 30

Parenting for Dummies

Kibum was the sort of guy that liked to do his work when he was working. As much as possible, he would try not to touch it at home to spend the already little time with his family. Kevin knew that, he knew Kibum too well, so it was surprising to see the older focus on a mess of paper.

“What is this? The last I remembered, your work had nothing to do with houses.” Kevin asked curiously, the two children already sent to their respective dreamlands. Alexander’s dream probably contained some rainbow unicorns, Kevin thought with a giggle.

“Hm? No.” Kibum shook his head, yawning slightly. With two arms wrapped around Kevin’s seven months pregnant form, he gently pulled the younger into his lap. “I’m looking for a new house.”

Kevin thought about the idea for a while, frowning as he turned to his husband. “Why? I like it here.”

“I like it here too.” Kibum laughed softly, pressing his nose against Kevin’s back and pressing a kiss there. “But there wouldn’t be enough space for four kids.”

“Oh!” Kevin snapped his fingers, smiling sheepishly. “I thought about it like some time ago, but I kept forgetting about it and it slowly disappeared. Are all these what you have shortlisted?”

“Yep, do you want to choose?” Kibum sighed happily, hugging Kevin tighter above the baby bump. “The locations are all pretty good, but I was thinking of this which is closer to my company. However, this one is better because the shopping mall nearby has a greater variety of clothes and food. This one is like a mix, but it’s a tad bit smaller than what I would like.”

“I want a small front yard for pretty flowers and stone walkway, and a big back yard for the kids! Can we? Please?” Kevin enthusiastically asked, the dream house he had always wanted since he was nine. “And we’ll have white picket fence all around our house…”

Kibum laughed softly, looking at his few options and deciding his wife’s wish was a lot more important than his intended budget. “I’ll search for it then. Just concentrate on feeding the twins well, all right?”

“Yay!” Kevin grinned, leaving Kibum’s lap and bending forward to kiss Kibum sweetly. Arms hugging the older’s head, he hummed softly in delight. “You’re the best!”

“Yes, now go and sleep. I’ll join you after clearing these.” Kibum nodded, some ideas starting to form as he thought about Kevin’s idea of a new house.

-

Kevin laughed at the two brothers trying to come up with a new fairytale of their own to share with their future two younger brothers. They sort of gave up after Alexander found a small dress in the washing basket and decided to wear it.

“Darling!” Kevin gasped. “I just finished making it and I didn’t think you would really like it! But it looks so good on you!”

“I love it!” Alexander said brightly, even twirling around as if to flaunt his mother’s handmade dress. “It’s pretty! Mommy, I love it!”

Kevin cooed, bringing Alexander closer towards him and kissing him tenderly. “Hyunnie, isn’t Xander just adorable?”

Soohyun frowned, before running to his room (slightly stumbling) and then returning with a jacket.

Alexander and Kevin looked perplexed, when Soohyun tugged Alexander to come down from Kevin’s lap.

“My lady, may I have this dance?” Soohyun said in a serious voice, facial expression tensed.

Alexander laughed, happily giving his hand to his younger brother, before the two started dancing around the living room in what seemed to be a children version of ballroom dance.

The phone rang, and Kevin picked it up with tears in his eyes. Why were his kids this cute?

“Hello?” Kevin greeted, voice unable to contain his laughter.

“Kevin! Why are you so happy?” Deanna chuckled, sounding a little busy on her end of the call.

“Xander and Soohyun are dancing.” Kevin laughed, the two now spinning each other. “Don’t spin too fast, you’ll fall! Anyway, why did you call me for?”

“I’m just bored.” Deanna half-whined to her younger brother. “Thinking maybe I don’t want to do this anymore. It’s so tiring, and I still have three months to go.”

“Ah, it happened to me too.” Kevin smiled softly, memories surging into his mind. “Don’t think about it! Oh, I may be moving to a new house soon~!”

“New house? Why?”

“With the twins going to be delivered in two to three months, there will be very little space in our current house for all four to grow up in. Since we have to move sooner or later, better sooner, yeah?” Kevin smiled. “I may be getting my dream house!”

“Your dream house is impossible.” Deanna rolled her eyes, shaking her head. “Seoul is so populated there probably isn’t space for your fantasies. Or well, you have to be extremely rich.”

Kevin pouted, slightly frowning. Well, he knows his dream house is a little far-fetched, but Kibum wouldn’t disappoint him…right?

-

“I found it.” Kibum returned home, loosening his tie instantly and joining Alexander and Soohyun in front of the television. “I found our new home. Did you both hear me?”

“New home?” Alexander asked. “Is that like, a new house?”

“Yep.” Kibum nodded, turning to Soohyun to see his reaction.

“What’s a new house for?”

“For us to stay in, of course.” Kibum laughed, ruffling Soohyun’s hair. “Are you both excited?”

“Hm…maybe?” Alexander passively replied. “I like it here though.”

“Oh, new house? Will there be space to play soccer?” Soohyun grinned widely, rubbing his hands in anticipation of his father’s reply.

“Big space. A very big space and you wouldn’t have to be afraid of hitting the vase of flower down from that table and then breaking it.” Kibum nodded, kissing Alexander softly as if comforting. “Your two younger twin brothers will need more space, so the new house is necessary.”

“What are you all talking about?” Kevin asked, smiling warmly at Kibum. “Welcome home, dinner’s ready. Go wash up and we can eat.”

“I found your dream house.” Kibum stated proudly, jumping to his feet and then kissing Kevin passionately, before pulling away with a pleased smile. “Situated right in the middle of the bustling city.”

-

136 subscribers and 29 comments :O!!
Haha, sorry for making you guys wait like, omg, 9 months?
Rofl, sounds like a pregnancy period, but I was taking baby steps :(
Didn't have time to write :/ Hopefully I'm back :33! ^^