Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 28

Parenting for Dummies

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to Kevin (but it did) when Alexander walked out of his room with many papers stapled together a few weeks later. Kevin doesn’t mind Alexander much, watching the older brother pull Soohyun to read whatever he wrote or drew.

He continued doing his chores (Alexander and Soohyun no longer stopped him, to his dismay. Their young minds had forgotten whatever their dad told them already.) in some sort of peace, raising his eyebrow a few times when he hear Soohyun laughing, normally accompanied by Alexander shushing him.

Kevin finally allowed curiousity to take over his senses, finishing up the sweeping that needed to be done before heading to Alexander’s room.

“All right, what are you two doing?” Kevin questioned with a smile, watching the two try to hide the paper that was obviously behind them.

“Xander-hyung’s writing a story. Don’t come yet, he needs help. We finish and read it to the baby!”

Kevin looked interested, smiling widely. “Oh? Okay then, I’ll leave you two to write a story.”

-

“Daddy! Daddy!” Alexander called out and signalled for Soohyun to do his job. The younger nodded and got onto his mission.

“Yes, Xander?” Kibum smiled gently as he turned his head to face Alexander, eyes tearing away from the television screen. “Anything wrong?”

“Nope. I just wanted to know how you and mommy met.” Alexander smiled and whipped out a piece of paper and a pencil. “Did you two fall in love after a dance?”

“No.” Kibum chuckled. “Where did you get that idea from?”

“Some fairytale.” Alexander shrugged. “Well then, how did you two meet?”

“We met in school. I was a year older than your mother.” Kibum started, switching off the television. Kevin was busy entertaining the youngest son who requested for a lullaby. “It was some sort of fate thing, since it was a little weird for such things to happen.”

Alexander scribbled whatever he caught down, as Kibum continued speaking.

“So I went into the wrong class because it was the first day of school. I forgot that I was supposed to go to a new class and walked into the class I was so used to, sitting next to your mother. No one realised. Even after attendance, I thought it was because I was too engrossed talking to your mother that I didn’t hear my name. We clicked well, a little too well that it kinda scared me.”

“Then?” Alexander asked after he wrote down the last word, massaging his little hand which was becoming a little sore.

“We exchanged phone numbers, and then I got a call. The teacher gave me a disapproving look, because well, no one is supposed to leave their phone on.” Kibum stuck out his tongue. “Daddy wasn’t a very good student, you are not allowed to learn from me. Well then, I got a call from a friend to ask me if I was still sleeping. I said no secretly, dodging the teacher’s eyes, saying that I was in school already. I then looked around and realised the friend that was supposed to be in the same class as me wasn’t anywhere around me.”

Kibum ignored Alexander’s laughter. He doesn’t need his son to tell him that he was dumb.

“I then quickly rushed out of the class in embarrassment, and your mother frowned at my sudden disappearance. He texted me, yes he wasn’t a very good student either but he was better than me, and asked where I was going. I told him I was in the wrong class and he laughed at me.”

Alexander stuck out his tongue cheekily and laughed too.

“Tsk.” Kibum pouted. “Well then, he asked if we could meet during lunch which I agreed, and then we continued clicking very well. It went on and on until I had to graduate. I was a year older so I graduated a year earlier, and when things like that happened, people start getting confused.”

Alexander frowned, as if trying to comprehend.

“Hm, how do I say this? It’s like we’re so used to each other presence, something like a given, and then we are suddenly faced with the fact that there wouldn’t be such a given anymore unless we create the chances to meet. The thing we felt was more than a friend but we didn’t want to do anything more in case we scare the other. Alexander, your parents are both guys and in this society, this kind of relationship isn’t exactly accepted. You kind of get me?”

“I think.”

“Okay, so on the last day, my graduating night, your mother appeared. He needn’t be there, since it was only for the seniors to attend. He was there, though. I left the venue where they had all the things going on for the seniors, like some dance and whatnots that I’m obviously not interested in, deciding to take the last given chance to have the probably last talk with your mother. We sat on the rooftop of a certain building, I can’t remember where anymore.” Kibum smiled at the memory. “Hmm, we talked until the sun went down, until the sun came up the next morning.”

Alexander scratched his head. “Aren’t you two tired?”

“We were, obviously we were. But it was our last chance. I still remember that day quite well.”

The morning sun slowly rose, painting beautiful and bright colours in the sky. Kevin leaned his head on Kibum’s shoulder, who rested his own head on the younger boy’s.

“And then there was the time when you thought Mr James was my brother. Seriously, you’re one of the dumbest person I know.” Kevin softly said, body tired to speak another word, but mind wanting to keep the conversation going.

“My stupidity amuses you, don’t complain.” Kibum smiled slightly, stifling a yawn. “I think we should get home or something.”

Kevin bit his lower lip in hesitation, not wanting to move an inch from his position. Kibum didn’t realise, standing up and holding out a hand to help Kevin up. Kevin looked up, shaking his head.

“What’s wrong?” Kibum asked, noticing tears welling up in Kevin’s eyes. “Why-Why are you-”

“I don’t want you to go.” Kevin said quietly, sobbing. “I want us to stay like this forever. I think, I think I’m gay for you.”

Kibum stared at Kevin for the longest moment, the younger boy looking away for a minute, before standing up and nodded his head, as if in understanding.

“I get it. You don’t have to say a word.” Kevin turned to run, feeling the embarrassment coming after him right after his silent rejection.

Kibum screamed for the younger boy to stop, chasing after him for quite a distance and pulling him back into a hug before a car could run over him.

“I love you too, I don’t want to leave you alone either. Let’s, let’s get married after my military service.”


“Yeah, that’s how we ended up like this today.” Kibum ruffled Alexander’s hair, as the boy squirmed in his seat, squealing how cute the story was.

“Ahh!” Alexander giggled, quickly scribbling down the last details and thanking Kibum. “I’ll go to bed now! Goodnight daddy!”

“Goodnight, Xander.” Kibum followed Alexander to tuck him in bed. “Sleep tight.”

“Daddy!” Alexander called out, his eyes filled with curiousity. “Do you think I’ll meet someone the way you met mommy?”

“Maybe, maybe not. But you’ll definitely meet someone you wouldn’t want to let go. You can meet that person anywhere though, it doesn’t have to be in school.” Kibum kissed Alexander’s forehead and turned to leave. “Sweet dreams, darling.”

-

This chapter is cute right? Right? :D
Hahahahahahha, I don't know why I love the Kemaru story that led to this fic, because I thought it made sense.
/puts on professional spectacles
A lot of sense /nods solemnly

A big hug to my patient 110 subscribers and 14 commenters <3
KEVIN IS GETTING HIS REVENGE ON KIBUM ;~~~;
MY KEMARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ;~~~~~;