Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 23

Parenting for Dummies

Soohyun actually didn’t suffer from a single bit of trauma at all. It was surprising but also something to be thankful about, Kibum said, not wanting Kevin to have a hard time by himself coaxing Soohyun to take a bath. Alexander says it’s because he knows it’s his fault, taking a bath by himself. Since his baths are now sternly supervised by Kevin, Soohyun has nothing to worry about. Kevin actually thinks it’s something to do with him being an XYY male, but he wasn’t clear what the extra chromosome could do so he kept quiet, glad Soohyun didn’t have to suffer at his young age.

Kevin still thinks he’s quite a bad mother, forbidding Kibum to sweet-talk him into having any .

“The-” Kibum said as he pointed to where the condoms were kept.

“No. I don’t like the feeling of it.” Kevin shook his head in disgust.

“Baby, you’re depriving a man of something that he needs badly.” Kibum pouted, tugging Kevin’s arms pleadingly.

“Honey, you forget that I am a man too.” Kevin rolled his eyes.

Kibum sighed. “My point is-”

“And mine is no.” Kevin cut in, glaring even. “I’m going to make you sleep on the sofa if this continues. You have work, I have chores, go to bed.”

“Give me a reason, a reason fair enough.” Kibum refused to back away, but just in case Kevin really got pissed off, he wrapped his arms around Kevin’s waist.

“I want to be the best for Alexander and Soohyun before we get any more kids. Unprotected spells risk.” Kevin explained, face now serious with a worried frown. “I don’t want that to happen again. Once bitten, twice shy. I don’t know if I could take my child suffering again.”

“And when will you be the best? There’s no limit, baby.” Kibum informed, but cuddled close and got into sleeping position. “Forget it, I don’t want you to feel that way again either. Forget I ever said a word.”

“Thank you, honey.” Kevin moved the stray strand of hair away from Kibum’s face, pressing against Kibum’s lips for a short kiss. “You’re the best.”

“You’re the best.” Kibum replied, emphasizing “you’re” to Kevin, smiling lazily. “Now I’m tired, shut up and sleep.”

-

Kibum took the family out for dinner one day since his company was doing well. After dinner, Kibum decided it wouldn’t hurt for the family to go on a short shopping spree. Kevin’s face brightened up and saw it as his chance to abuse Kibum’s credit card. He quickly got hold of the card before Kibum could regret.

Baby sports shoes, for Xander, for Soohyun, two pairs that cost 35,000 won.

A pretty pink jewelled dress Xander wanted, another adult size one because Kevin wanted to match his with Xander, two dresses and they cost 47,000 won.

Denim jeans for kids, a pair for Soohyun which costs 29,000 won.

New briefs for Kibum (“They’re all loose. If you don’t feel uncomfortable wearing them, I feel uncomfortable seeing them.”), 32,000 won.

Two maternity dress only because they looked beautiful and cute respectively (“Oh, you can buy more if you want.” An uncontrollable smile.), 128,000 won.

Soccer ball that Soohyun saw (“Mommy! Want! Want!”), 5,000 won.

“Honey, do you love me?” Kevin asked sweetly as he suddenly clung onto Kibum’s arms.

Kibum gulped.

“Honey?” Kevin whined softly.

Kibum nodded cautiously.

“You know...I’ve been thinking that my right hand’s fingers are pretty empty. Our engagement ring is on the third finger on the left hand, the wedding ring on the ring finger also on the left...and I just saw this very, very pretty sapphire ring.”

1,629,000 won.

-

Kibum ran for his bed and covered his head with his pillow. Probably hoping that today was a nightmare that he could sleep away.

Kevin sighed and helped the two sons change into pyjamas, leaving the shopping bags out by the sofa. He followed them as he helped the two brush their gums with the special baby brushes, wash their faces and then put them into bed.

“Good night, darling Xander.” Kevin smiled as he switched off the light.

“Nights, mommy.” Alexander smiled and hugged his bolster tight. “Mommy!”

“Yes?” Kevin stopped and turned around. “Anything wrong?”

“Pikachu. He says good night.” Kevin smiled and walked in, leaning down to give Alexander a kiss on his forehead. “Mommy, I love you.”

“I love you too, Alexander Kim.” Kevin reached into Alexander's crib and pulled the duvet higher to cover Alexander well. “Sleep tight.”

Kevin left the older son's room and decided to check on Soohyun again, the now one year and a few days old child. The doctor was right (as expected), Soohyun has only started learning to speak, and Kevin didn't want to make him confused by introducing two languages at once.

“Mommy?” Soohyun called out as he saw the door to his room open.

“Aren't you sleeping yet?” Kevin whispered, not wanting to be too loud for Soohyun.

Soohyun shook his head and pouted. “Sing.”

Kevin giggled. “Are there monsters under your bed again?”

Soohyun nodded furiously. He extended his arms, wanting Kevin to carry him up. Kevin thus walked into the darkness and brought Soohyun into his embrace.

“I'll sing you the usual?”

“Yes.”

Kevin felt Soohyun get comfortable, leaning against his chest. He slightly rocked Soohyun to the rhythm of his song, only to realise that Soohyun had fallen asleep by the time he was done.

“Nights, sweetie.” Kevin slowly lowered Soohyun back into his baby bed, adjusting his head so it was on the pillow.

-

Next chapter is !
HAHA, who is excited? :P
This chapter is also a bit disjointed but wtv :P
THANK YOU MY 65 SUBSCRIBERS <3 AND MY 9 PRECIOUS COMMENTERS :DD!