Parenting for Dummies - Chapter 18

Parenting for Dummies

Kibum was the dumbest husband in the whole world. To Kevin, that isn’t an exaggeration; it’s a fact. The older man didn’t even realise there was tension between the brothers (actually only from Alexander to Soohyun), simply dropping himself on the sofa between them, announcing to Kevin that he bought a new album he had already played on the car and it sounded so awesome that he had been wanting to tell Kevin the greatness of it all throughout the journey home.

Kevin coughed.

“Baby, are you sick? You want to go to a clinic now?” Kibum immediately stood up to stand beside and put an arm around Kevin, pulling him close while running a hand down his back.

Kevin looked pointedly at Kibum before turning to Alexander, expecting Kibum to understand.

“Alexander’s sick too?” Kibum looked shocked, bringing Kevin along as he walked towards Alexander slowly, treating Kevin like a fragile thing that might break if he pulled too hard.

Kevin gritted his teeth, glared at Kibum and took in a deep breath. “You don’t understand clues, do you?”

“Maybe it would help if you go straight to the point.” Kibum shrugged.

“Okay. Xander and Hyunnie had a fight.” It was Kevin’s turn to shrug.

“WHAT?!” Kibum exclaimed, letting go of Kevin immediately and carrying the brothers, one in each arm. “What happened?!”

Alexander turned away from Soohyun, while Soohyun brought his tiny finger up to poke Kibum’s adam’s apple. Kibum frowned, hands moving Alexander in such a way that the boy couldn’t turn away from Soohyun again.

“Xander?” Kibum questioned in a stern tone. Kevin sighed, taking Alexander away from Kibum.

“It’s no one’s fault.”

“What kind of fight happens without anyone faulting?” Kibum frowned, staring at Alexander who immediately shied away.

“And it’s not Xander.” Kevin’s disapproving tone got Kibum to look at him. “I think we have to work on something so they’ll like each other so much they don’t want to leave each other. Xander currently doesn’t like being in the same place with Soohyunnie.”

“Baby, could you tell me exactly what happened so that I can grasp the situation better?” Kibum sighed, carrying Soohyun in one hand and putting in the CD into the disc player with another. The fight between the brothers wouldn’t diminish his love for the songs.

Kevin then ranted off about what ever happened during the day, placing Alexander on his seat at the dining table and then walking into the kitchen to reheat dinner (Kibum came home later than usual thanks to his oh-so-wonderful-you’ll-cry album). He came out with plates of dishes, two bowl of rice, a milk bottle used by Alexander now belonging to Soohyun and Alexander’s special bowl of finely chopped food, and all that didn’t stop him from continuing his recount of the day. He only finally stopped when he was done, noticing that there was another voice that had been competing with him for Kibum’s attention.

No, it wasn’t the CD.

“Baby, he sounds great.” Kibum clapped happily when Soohyun finished his song.

Kevin let out air from his lungs, shaking his head as he stared at his husband. “Did you hear what I say?”

“Erm...something about eating paper?” Kibum guiltily replied, not daring to look at Kevin.

“Honey, I really, really love you, but I hate it when you make me tell you things and not listen.” Kevin sat down and pinched Alexander’s chubby cheeks lightly. “Come over and eat.”

“But really, baby, don’t you think Soohyun sounds great?” Kevin looked at Alexander who was attacking his food with a spoon.

“He does. But do you know? Alexander has a talent for drawing.” Alexander looked up at Kevin, and Kevin gave a smile, along with a small nod. The boy then smiled happily and brought a spoonful of food into his mouth.

“Oh? Really?” Kibum widened his eyes and cocked his head to a side, eyes watching Alexander eat. Kevin’s hand immediately went to pat Alexander’s head as a confirmation. Kibum applauded with a grin. “Mm, that’s my son! Drawing talent flows in the genes, I see.”

“...” Kevin gave his husband a deadpan look. “You drew the letter T and said that was me.”

“It wasn’t a letter T! It was a piece of diapers!” Kibum pouted, passing Soohyun over to Kevin to be fed.

“My point exactly.” Soohyun’s head went through the opening in the baby bib, and Kevin then held Soohyun’s head in such an angle he wouldn’t choke on the baby formula. “And why am I a piece of diapers again?”

“It was a piece of baby diapers.” Kibum explained. “It’s hard to draw a real baby and since you’re my baby, I wanted to do something related, so I just used baby diapers as a representing symbol.”

“I’m sorry, honey, you failed. Xander’s the one who can really draw.”

And that was all he needed to do to get Alexander to talk to Soohyun again.

-

“Don’t you think kids are so adorable?” Kevin sighed blissfully as he took a bubble bath, wanting to relax for a while from all the mothering job. He loves his children, but sometimes he wished it was only just the two of them. “They patch up so easily, their minds are so naive.”

Kibum obviously didn’t understand him. “You want another one?”

“I was only complimenting them.” Kevin’s eyes warned Kibum not to take a step closer to the bathtub. “Continue flossing your teeth.”

“Okay...” Kibum shrugged. “By the way, I bought condoms.”

“...”

“I left them with the lubricant.” Kibum whistled nonchalantly, knowing it would make Kevin even more pissed off. Kevin looked cute when he was pissed off, anyway, and he didn’t really do anything wrong either. “Just so you know where to look.”

“I think you better floss your teeth quickly or I’m going to punch you toothless.” Kevin smiled sweetly.

“Just stating, baby.” Kibum grinned back as sweetly. He knew how to change Kevin’s mind, everything would be fine.

Kevin was weak against temptations.

He threw the dental floss at the small bin beside the toilet seat as soon as he was done, washed his hands and took off his shirt in one swift motion. “Are you done? I want to take a bath.”

“You don’t da-”

Kibum already got into the bathtub, clothes stripped off him. “You’re taking too long, baby.”

“I said-”

I can’t wait.“ Kibum muttered breathlessly beside Kevin’s ears, body hovering dangerously over Kevin’s, half of it in the bubble bath, the other half being an eye candy for Kevin. Kibum was an idiot in reality, but the beast in him was a genius. How did he make his words applicable to two situations so easily?

Kevin bit his lower lip, trying to stop the blood rush towards a sensitive part, but that only turned Kibum on.

Kibum smirked, he was prepared to have wrinkled hands and feet the next day, they wouldn’t even have to sleep with the stickiness all over them.

Oh, they were in for a night.

-

Many thanks to my 46 suscribers <3
Thank you all for reading <3 Also, pRiMa_ElF_gRg, kevinniethefish, x-Sha-x, purplepeaches, SoddForNever, thank you for commenting on Chapter 17!
Thanks to every other commenter on the previous chapters too <3