CHAPTER 9

Miracle Happens

 

Youngbae woke up early the next morning. After he finished washing up, he went to the kitchen and tried to make some delicious dishes for Jiyong to eat.

Jiyong woke up when he smelled food. He slowly sat up and he felt that it was getting more difficult for him to sit up.

Youngbae then suddenly came into the room and saw Jiyong sitting up.

“Baby, you are awake already? Why don’t you sleep more?” Youngbae asked.

“ I’m hungry.” Jiyong pouted.

“ Oh.” Youngbae smiled, walked over to Jiyong and kissed his cheek, while smelling his scent. “ Breakfast’s ready.”

“I know. I smelled food just now, that’s why I woke up.” Jiyong replied.

“Alright, go and wash up.” Youngbae said, slowly pulling Jiyong up.

“Ahhh, your son grew heavier. “ Jiyong complained.

Youngbae smiled and praised his son, “ Good boy!”

Jiyong rolled his eyes and walked into the bathroom.

--

When Jiyong’s ready, he came out of the bathroom and Youngbae lovingly walked him to the dining table.

“Whoa, smells great and it seems delicious.” Jiyong complimented.

“Really? Sit down and eat then.” Youngbae said, pulling the chair out for Jiyong to sit.

--

While they were in the midst of eating, Jiyong suddenly asked “ Baby, can I go shopping alone later? It’s feels so bored at home. I can’t even go to YG to do some composing because you and the hyungs banned me from going there. “

“It will be…”Youngbae said, but go cut off by Jiyong.

“ I will be careful. I’ll call you if anything happens. Please, baby. Staying at home makes me feel like I’m living in a prison or maybe I rather stay in a prison than staying at home doing nothing. “ Jiyong said.

“You promise that you will be careful and call me if anything happens? “ Youngbae stopped eating and asked.

“Yes, I promise. “ Jiyong reassured him.

Youngbae hesitated, but nodded his head no matter what.

“ Yay! Thanks honey!” shouted Jiyong happily and continued eating.

Youngbae still sat there, looking at his man. Jiyong felt himself being stared at and looked up.

“Why aren’t you eating, baby?” Jiyong asked.

“Should I take another day off and go shopping with you? I don’t feel safe letting you go shopping around alone. Don’t forget you’re still a celebrity. Any fans can come in your way and you will never know what they will do to you, hun.” Youngbae said.

Jiyong smiled and said, “ Don’t worry, love. I’ll stay safe. For you, for our son and for myself, I will stay safe no matter what. Just go to the studios and do whatever you need to.”

Youngbae nodded, not convinced.

“ You better stay safe.” Youngbae said, faking a smile.

“No worries, alright love?” Jiyong reassured.

“ Okay. Call me when you reached home later.” Youngbae said.

Jiyong nodded and both of them continued eating.

--

“ I’m full.” Jiyong said after he put down his utensils.

Youngbae chuckled and took the plates, together with the utensils, and placed them on the sink.

“Don’t move, okay baby?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong nodded and watched his Youngbae washed the dishes. After Youngbae finished washing, he walked over to Jiyong and helped him to stand up slowly.

“ Be careful when you are out okay? Make sure you call me if anything happens and when you reached home, call me all right? Anyway, which shopping mall are you going to?” Youngbae started bombing questions at Jiyong when they were walking towards the couch in the living room.

“ Yes, baby. I’ll call you. I’m going to the mall that we went yesterday. “ Jiyong informed.

“Okay, let me go and get changed first. “ said Youngbae, helping Jiyong to sit on the couch slowly.

Jiyong nodded and Youngbae went into their bedroom to change.

--

After he got changed, he came out of the room and went to the shelves filled with their shoes to pick one high-cut shoes. He took one pair and went to sat beside Jiyong to wear the shoes.  While Youngbae was busying putting on his shoes, Jiyong sat there his belly gently, looking at Youngbae.

“ Do you want me to fetch you there first?” Youngbae asked.

“ It’s okay. I’ll take a cab there later. “ Jiyong said.

“ I’ll bring you there. Taking a cab may be dangerous; sometimes the drivers will speed and suddenly stepped on the brake.” Youngbae reported.

Jiyong nodded and said, “ I’ll go get changed then.”

Youngbae then held onto Jiyong’s arm and waist to give him a support while Jiyong stood up slowly.

--

After Jiyong finished changing, both of them left their apartment, hand in hand.

They then took the lift down and slowly walked to the car park. Youngbae then opened the door for Jiyong and lovingly helped him to sit down slowly. Youngbae then hop into the driver seat after he closed the door for Jiyong.  Youngbae waited for the engine to start up properly before they set off.

On the way to the shopping mall, Jiyong was using his phone to text his old friends that stayed in contact with him to meet up and have a drink together. His friends agreed and Jiyong was so excited. He had not seen them ever since they graduated from high school till now. He smiled warmly.

Youngbae asked curious, “ What are you thinking about? You seem happy.”

Jiyong shook his head, “ Finally, I get to see some of my old friends. It’s been years since we last saw one another. “

“ Oh, enjoy yourself then. Make sure you don’t consume anything that you can’t eat now alright?” Youngbae smiled and Jiyong nodded, smiling. “ Now, I’m relieved. At least there’s going to be some people shopping around with you. “ Youngbae added.

“Yah, don’t worry about me and all the best in recording alright, love? Don’t overdo it, okay? “ Jiyong asked.

“ Alright, thanks baby. I won’t. I will be home early today.” Youngbae smiled, while making a turn to the bus stop outside the shopping mall.

 “Alright, bye my love.” Jiyong said and was about to leave when Youngbae pulled him back.

“ You are so excited that you forgot my goodbye kiss, love?” Youngbae pouted.

“Yah, don’t pout.” Jiyong said and leaned in to kiss his Youngbae.

He pulled back and smiled at Youngbae, “ Bye baby.”

“Bye. Enjoy your shopping.” Youngbae said and Jiyong went out of the car slowly.

After that, Jiyong closed the door and Youngbae rolled down the window.

“ Be careful alright? Call me if anything happens. Enjoy yourself, boo.” Youngbae said.

Jiyong nodded and waved.

Youngbae waved back and said, “ Aren’t you going in?”

“I’ll wait for you to drive away first.” Jiyong replied and Youngbae nodded.

“ Oh well, then bye baby.” Youngbae said and waved again before driving away.

After Youngbae’s car was out of his sight, he then slowly entered the shopping mall and started his shopping spree before his friends arrived.

--

Youngbae who was driving got a call from YG hyung that he has to be at the company by 15 minutes, but the journey from the locations he was at now to the company takes about 45 minutes. So, he dangerously increased the speed of the car and tailgates every car that was in front of him.

--

Jiyong who just entered one of the clothing store and found a set of clothes that were meant for a family of 3. He loved the patterns of it, so he bought the set of clothes for his very own family.

 After which, he entered a shop named Versace, one of his favorite clothing stores. He spent almost an entire hour there choosing clothes for himself and ended up buying 2 pieces, which were all quite colorful, but one of them were long-sleeved and the other one was short-sleeved.

--

At the same time, Youngbae was in the midst of the way, going to the company and he was only left with 2 minutes. He did not want to be late, so he sped up again. Doing illegal turns and he arrived at YG in another 12 minutes. After he arrived, he passed his car key to his manager and asked him to help to park the car properly before running to YG hyung’s room.

--

Jiyong was now sitting in a café waiting for his old friends to arrive. In another 10 minutes, his friends slowly entered the café one by one.

“ Hey, what’s up hyung? How’s the baby in your stomach? I saw your tweets about you getting pregnant because of some miracles that happened.” Dave asked.

“ Oh, it’s growing well. Ha-ha, I should actually blame Youngbae for it.” Jiyong joked.

“ Oh, I felt so bad for Youngbae-hyung, he must have suffered a lot when he’s with an evil boyfriend like you right?” Dave teased.

“Dude, I’m not that evil okay?” Jiyong replied. “ How’s your flight here from America? “

“Oh, it was tiring of course. Today was my 5th day back in Seoul. I missed this awesome place.” Dave said, thinking of their old days back then.

“ I missed those school days too. How about you, Taewon?” Jiyong asked.

“ I missed you guys so much. I was busy dating and today was the only day that I was free from my babe, then I got a text from you calling us to go hand out here.” Taewon said. “ Oh, by the way, I think I saw your man speeding and tailgating every car in front of him just now when I was on the way here.” Taewon added.

“Really?” Jiyong asked.

“Yeah, it seems like, but I’m not sure.” Taewon said.

“Hope whoever you saw just now, is not him. “ Jiyong said.

There, they sat, chat and laughed for hours until Jiyong lost track of time.

--

Youngbae was busy recording. He looked at his watch during his break and it was already 8.30pm. Jiyong still had not called. Teddy came back and saw the worrying look pasted on his dongsaeng’s face.

“ What happened? “ Teddy asked.

“ Nah, Jiyong had not called.” Youngbae replied, his voice trembling.

“ Relax, maybe they are still hanging around the shopping mall?” Teddy assured him.

“ Maybe?” Youngbae asked, not convinced.

“ Let’s stop here then. Go and look for him. Let’s continue tomorrow.” Teddy said, patting Youngbae’s shoulders.

“ Alright hyung. Thank you hyung. I owe you one.”  Youngbae said, taking his phone and car key, which his manager had left it on the table. “ Goodbye hyung.” Said Youngbae and running out of the studio and to the car park.

When he got into the car, he drove off quickly.

--

Jiyong and his friends had just finished chatting and were heading to the bus stop to look for a cab or maybe take the bus back home. When he stepped out of the mall, he noticed that it was getting dark and then he looked at his phone.

*9.10pm*

“Oh . It’s already so late? Youngbae must be home. I’m going to be dead. “ Jiyong spoke.

His friends who had decided to wait for the public transports to come with him. Said, “ I think you are in deep now, Jiyong. “

“ God, how? What should I do?” Jiyong asked.

Just then, Youngbae had called Jiyong’s phone.

Jiyong panicked, but answered no matter what.

“ Hello, baby?” Jiyong spoke.

“ Where are you, Ji? It’s so late at night now and I did not receive any of your calls. “ Youngbae replied.

“ I’m… I’m… on my way back home. “ Jiyong stuttered.

Just then, Youngbae who were making a turn to the shopping mall, he saw Jiyong’s figure standing at the bus stop with two men and a few bags of stuffs beside him.

“ Are you sure you are on the way?” Youngbae asked and drove towards the bus stop.

“ Ermmmm…” Jiyong said, looking on the floor.

Youngbae then horned which made Jiyong looked up.

Youngbae then got off the car and walked towards Jiyong.

“ Oh hi, Dave and Taewon. “ Youngbae smiled at them.

“ Hey, what’s up bro? “ they both said and did their handshake.

Youngbae then looked at Jiyong. Jiyong kept looking on the floor when Youngbae stood beside him.

“ I guess someone’s going to get scolding. “ Dave joked. “ Okay, since Youngbae hyung’s here. Taewon and me will take our leave first. Bye bros. “ Dave added.

“ Bye guys.” Taewon said and the two lovers waved.

After the two guys left, Youngbae looked down at Jiyong, whose head was still hung low. Youngbae then lifted Jiyong’s head up and saw a tear that flowed out from Jiyong’s eyes making its way down Jiyong’s cheek.

Youngbae was shocked. He quickly brought Jiyong into a fail hug, because of Jiyong’s big belly, which prevented them from hugging like how they usually did before Jiyong got pregnant.

“Baby, stop crying. I’m not going to scold you.” Youngbae said, caressing Jiyong’s back.

“ Sorry, Youngbae. I’m sorry. I lost track of the time.” Jiyong apologized.

“ It’s okay, baby. Luckily, nothing happened to you. Luckily, you are okay. “ Youngbae said, kissing the back of Jiyong’s head.

Youngbae then broke the hug and wiped Jiyong’s tears off with his hands.

“ Stop crying, my beautiful angel.” Youngbae said and Jiyong nodded.

Youngbae smiled and took the bags of clothes beside Jiyong’s leg.

“ You bought these?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong nodded and smiled.

“ Okay, let’s go home, boo. It’s getting dark and it’s getting colder. Be home before you fall sick. “ Said Youngbae holding the bags of clothes with his right hand and took Jiyong’s hand with his left.

“ Get into the car, while I’ll put the bags at the back seat. “ Youngbae said, letting go of Jiyong’s hand and opened the door for him.

Jiyong slowly sat down, while Youngbae placed the things at the back seat.

When Jiyong finally sat in the car, Youngbae closed the door for him and hopped into the driver’s seat. Then, they set home together. 

--

I guess there's not much fluff in this chapter, so I hope you will still like it. :/ I'm really sorry if this wasn't the kind of chapter you guys hope it would be. ;x I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. Lastly, I hope you guys enjoy it and enjoy the great day ahead!~:)