CHAPTER 29

Miracle Happens

“Ahpak!” Youngbae heard Minho calling for him outside the room.

“Baby, wake up now. Teddy hyung’s back with Minho.” Youngbae said, shaking Jiyong gently.

Jiyong immediately shot up and got off the bed.

“Aish, look at his Ji daddy getting all so excited upon hearing his arrival.” Youngbae laughed.

“Yah, shut up.” Jiyong glared and cupped Youngbae’s cheek, then his forehead and finally his neck.

“Love, I’m okay. Really.” Youngbae smiled.

“You’re still having fever, babo-yah. Go and sleep now.” Jiyong scolded.  

“But baby…” Youngbae whined.

“No buts. I’ll lower your bed.” Jiyong demanded and adjusted the bed.

Youngbae pouted.

“Stop pouting, love.” Jiyong said, poking Youngbae’s cheek and pecked his forehead.

Just then, Teddy, together with Minho in his arm, came into the room.

“Jiyong-ah, your boy is going to cry.” Teddy whined, afraid that Minho will cry out loud right then and right there.

“What happened, hyung?” Jiyong asked, carrying Minho into his arms from the hyung.

“I lied to him saying his daddies didn’t want him anymore. I thought he would not understand, but I saw his eyes turning red and he looked like he was going to cry out loud out at the corridor.” Teddy explained.

“Aish, hyung. Don’t scare my boy like this.” Youngbae spoke.

“And aren’t you suppose to sleep now?” Jiyong stared at him.

Youngbae immediately closed his eyes, pretending to sleep. Jiyong then shook his head and looked up at Teddy, who looked like he was going to burst out his laughter.

“Look at our dear Youngbae, being so scared of his lovely dragon.” Teddy spoke, on the edge of laughing out loud. “I guess I shall make my leave now. I’ll come again tomorrow.” Teddy added.

“Alright hyung.” Jiyong smiled. “Take care and drive safely.” Jiyong added.

“I will, thank you. Bye Minho-ah. See you again soon.” Teddy smiled and stretched out his hand to high five with Minho, but Minho turned away and looked at his daddy Youngbae.

“Yah, you don’t want uncle Teddy anymore? You’ve forgotten about me in that few minutes? You’ve forgot what we did together a few hours ago?” Teddy pretended to cry.

However, Minho still ignored him.

“Fine! I’m never going to bring you again!” Teddy pretended to be angry and stomped away.

Jiyong laughed and said, “ Bye, our oh-so-childish hyung.”

“Yah, Kwon Ji Yong!” Teddy shouted.

“Okay, bye hyung. Drive safely.” Jiyong smiled, patting Minho’s back gently.

Teddy laughed and left the room.

--

A few minutes after Teddy left, the doctor and two nurses came into the room.

“Sorry to disturb. We’re here to check on Mr Dong.” One of the nurses spoke.

“Oh, sure thing.” Jiyong said.

“Sorry, but we need you to exit the room, while we’re checking on the patient.” The other nurse said.

“Oh, okay.” Said Jiyong, carrying Minho and walked out of the room.

Just when they got out of the room, Youngbae’s parents, together with Jiyong’s parents, called out to them.

“Jiyong-ah!” Mrs Dong called out.

“Omma, Appa.” Jiyong responded and bowed.

“Look at our Jiyonggie, so polite.” Jiyong’s mother said.

“Yeah, we’re so jealous of you. If only our Youngbae is so sweet and polite to us.” Youngbae’s mother replied.

“Youngbae is polite too, unnie.” Jiyong’s mother spoke.

“Are you two ladies going to stop? Look at poor Jiyong, carrying Minho, standing outside the door, looking all worried.” The two fathers said in unison.

“Oh, right.” Jiyong’s mother said and stood beside Jiyong.

“How’s Youngbae?” she asked, patting Jiyong’s back.

“I’m not sure too. But his fever is not getting any better.” Jiyong said, trying to hold back his tears.

“Come, let appa carry Minho.” Jiyong’s father said.

Jiyong nodded and his father carried Minho from him.

“Unnie, let’s talk to Jiyonggie. Let the two grandfathers have some fun with Minho.” Jiyong’s mother told Youngbae’s mother.

She nodded and joined.

“He’ll be okay, Jiyonggie.” Youngbae’s mother said.

“I know him, he’ll be strong.” Jiyong’s mother added.

Jiyong nodded.

“He…” Jiyong’s voice broke. “He must be.” Jiyong whispered.

“He will.” Youngbae’s mother patted his head, while his mother patted his back gently.

--

In the room:

“Okay, let’s start.” The doctor said.

One of the nurse checked Youngbae’s temperature, while the other checked on his blood pressure and heart rate.

“Doctor, his temperature had dropped, but it’s still quite high.” Said the nurse who checked on his temperature. 

“His blood pressure and heart rate is normal, doctor.” Said the other nurse.

“Okay, I think we’ll have to send him for a cold shower.” The doctor said.

“Yes, doctor.” The nurses said.

“One of you go and prepare the room and the things we need. While another one will stay with me and helped me to get Mr Dong to the room.” Said the doctor.

“Yes, doctor.” Said the two nurses and one of them rushes out the room, while the other one stayed to help the doctor to push the bed to the room.

--

Outside the room:
“Why did they take so long? Is it because something happened to Youngbae?” Jiyong asked, finally letting go of the tears.

“Shhh… Jiyonggie, he’ll be alright.” Persuaded Youngbae’s mother.

Just then, one of the nurses came running out of the room and into some other room.

Jiyong walked up to the door immediately.

“Youngbae! Baby!” Jiyong shouted outside the room.

The two mothers walked to him and calmed him down.

“Maybe they forgot to bring some important stuff for the check-up. Calm down, Jiyong.” Said the two mothers, they’re also worried sick, but they didn’t want to show Jiyong that they are because he will be get more worried sick than all of them.

Just then, the door opened and they all stopped what they’re doing, including the two fathers. Jiyong saw them trying to get Youngbae out of the room.

They stepped away from the door to allow them to get through the door and into the other room. When they were running to the other room, Jiyong ran behind them.

“Jiyong!” the four parents called out to him, but he kept running.

Minho then started crying.

“Shhh…” Youngbae’s father patted Minho’s back.

Minho kept crying.

Jiyong stopped outside the room as the nurse had already closed the door. When the old couples had caught up with him, he carried Minho from Youngbae’s father and finally got him to stop crying.

“Look at you, your face is so red from crying so hard.” Jiyong said to Minho when he finally stopped crying.

Minho just hugged him and Jiyong kissed Minho’s head, while patting his back gently.

“Your daddy will be okay. He promised.” Jiyong said, looking at the door.

“Jiyonggie, don’t worry. He’ll be okay. I know him, he’s strong.” Youngbae’s father said.

Jiyong nodded and Jiyong’s mother came forward to wipe his tears off.

“Stop crying, son. Youngbae hates to see you cry, isn’t it?” Jiyong’s mother said lovingly.

Jiyong nodded and took a deep breath.

Just then, a nurse came out of the room and asked for Youngbae’s relatives.

“Are you all Mr Dong’s relatives?” the nurse asked.

“Yeah.” Jiyong’s father responded.

“Oh, so sorry that we did not explain to you guys and just ran out of the room with the patient out of the blue.” The nurse apologized.

“It’s okay. May I know how is he now?” Jiyong asked anxiously.

“We are currently giving him a cold shower in attempt to let his temperature drops to normal. But, we still did not have your approval to proceed. May I ask if we have your approval to proceed with the cold shower?” The nurse asked.

“Ye….” Jiyong hesitated. “He does not like cold showers.” Jiyong frowned.

“I’m sorry, but we have no choice, sir.” The nurse looked at Jiyong apologetically.

“Yeah, you have our approval to proceed.” Youngbae’s mother said.

“Thank you, can one of you follow me to the registration counter to get some documents filled up?” the nurse asked politely.

“I’ll go. You guys stay here and take care of his dragon and their lovechild.” Youngbae’s father said, walking away with the nurse.

 

---

Hello subsribers . :) I'm back with a short(?) update. :x Sorry for not updating a month and a few days as school work this year is really hectic. :( Proposals for trainings and the upcoming camps/events have to be submitted one by one days after days.:< How I wish I was still a young child with no worries and stuff. T.T Anyways, I have managed to come out with this chapter 3 days before my Mid-Year Examination . :) Hope you guys like it and hope I did not disappoint you guys so much . :x Hopefully, I will update soon . :) I missed all your comments ! Like seriously ! :x
Please do comment. :) All kinds of comments are welcomed and appreciated . x) Thank you and have a nice day . :>