CHAPTER 10

Miracle Happens

 

Youngbae was driving along the expressway when suddenly his Jiyong complained about his empty stomach.

“I’M HUNGRY!” Jiyong whined.

“Didn’t you have dinner just now?” Youngbae asked.

“ Nope, we were so busy talking that we only drank iced chocolate. Youngbae-ah, your babies are starving. “ Jiyong whined more.

“ Alright, what do you want to eat?” Youngbae asked.

“ Soft tofu stew, Kimchi fried rice, ddukbokkie, dakjuk and japchae. “ Jiyong named.

“ That’s a lot.” Youngbae said.

“Fine! Can we have dakjuk and Kimchi fried rice instead?” Jiyong asked.

“ Alright, fatty. “ Youngbae chuckled.

“ Yah!” Jiyong gently hit Youngbae’s shoulder.

 Youngbae exited the expressway and stopped as the green light had changed to the red one.  Youngbae looked at Jiyong and saw his love’s face lit up when he saw those restaurants, which were still opened down the street.

When the green light came on, Youngbae started to drive down about 300m further and when he was about to pick up the speed, a man suddenly dashed across the road. Youngbae was shocked. He quickly stepped on the brakes, putting out his right hand across Jiyong’s body to prevent his love to lean forward. When the car finally stopped, Youngbae looked ahead to see the man was up on the pavement already. Luckily, he did not hit that man. But Jiyong suddenly grabbed onto his arm, which he stretched out just now tightly.

“ Ji? Are you okay?” Youngbae immediately unbuckled his own seatbelt and tilted his body to face Jiyong.

“ My stomach hurts, Bae. It hurts.” Jiyong cried in pain.

“ Oh , baby.” Youngbae panicked.

“ Youngbae! It hurts! “ Jiyong cried.

“ Yah, baby. Stop crying. Hang on there. I’ll sent you to the hospital now!” Youngbae said, faced the front and drove away quickly, with only one hand controlling the steer wheel, towards the nearest hospital.

On the way, Jiyong was still crying in pain and grabbing onto Youngbae’s right hand tightly.

“ Youngbae! Youngbae! The pain is killing me, baby. It hurts Bae!” Jiyong cried louder.

“ Hang in there, baby. We’re reaching the hospital now.” Youngbae said, turning to the Accident & Emergency entrance.

He stopped the car right in front and ran out of the car. He ran to Jiyong’s side door and opened it roughly. He unbuckled Jiyong’s seatbelt and quickly carried Jiyong bridal style out of the car. Jiyong hooked his arms tightly around Youngbae’s neck and still crying in pain, while Youngbae ran into the Accident & Emergency Department. The nurses heard Jiyong crying in pain and they immediately lead Youngbae to a room with a bed there.

“ Sir, put him down on the bed quickly.” One of the nurses instructed.

Youngbae quickly put Jiyong down.

“ Sir, you have to wait outside.” The nurse said and just then, a doctor entered the room.

“ Okay. Jiyong, baby, I’ll wait for you outside.” Youngbae said and the other nurse led Youngbae out the room.

Youngbae stood outside the door and prayed to god.

“Please be alright, Jiyong-ah. Please be all right. God, please. He has to be okay. Please.” Youngbae begged.

Then Youngbae called his manager to inform him about Jiyong and also asked him to park his car properly at the car park since he did not want leave Jiyong alone inside the room. He wanted to keep his promise between him and Jiyong that he will stay outside until Jiyong is okay.

--

At the same time, the doctor rubbed Jiyong’s belly slowly and gently.

“ No, he’s not going to give birth now. It’s false labor.” The doctor said. “ You girls, should know how to take care of false labors right?” the doctor asked.

“ Yes, doctor. Leave it to us.” The nurses said and gave him some medicine to calm him down and also, released the pain. Slowly, Jiyong closed his eyes and fell asleep. The nurses then transferred him into a private resting room.

--

Youngbae stood there for a long time, even if his legs got numb for standing to long, he still refused to sit.  Their manager had arrived and had already parked Youngbae’s car in the basement car park, currently going to the hospital canteen to have his late dinner.

Just then, one of the nurses came out and saw Youngbae standing by the door.

“ The latter had been transferred into a private resting room. He’ll be able to go home after he wakes up. There were nothing serious; it’s just false labor. So, don’t worry, sir.” The nurse smiled.

Youngbae was relieved.

“ Can I go and see him?” Youngbae asked.

“ Of course, you can! Go straight and take the lift up to the fifth level, then turned to your right, his room will be the one right at the end of the corridor. But sir, please go and register & pay for the latter first. We need his details.“ The nurse informed.

“ Noted, thank you.” Youngbae thanked the nurse and went to register for his Jiyong, before rushing up to Jiyong’s room.

When Youngbae first entered the room, he saw Jiyong sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. He walked towards Jiyong and stood by the hospital bed. All the worried feeling disappeared into thin air when he saw Jiyong. He smiled and caressed Jiyong’s forehead.

“ Luckily, it’s nothing serious.” Youngbae whispered and leaned in to give Jiyong a peck on the forehead.

After that, he sent the manager a text that he was in Jiyong’s private rest room and also told him that he can go home first, since he was going to stay there until Jiyong wakes up.

--

The next morning, Jiyong woke up.
“ Bae? “ Jiyong called out.

“ Baby. Is your belly still hurting?” Youngbae asked, standing up from the chair, which were placed beside the bed and caressed his love’s forehead.

Jiyong shook his head and smiled, “ I’m okay now.”

“Great! Do you want to go home now?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong nodded and said, “ But first, I’m still hungry.”

“ Okay, hold on. I’ll call the nurse to come in to make a final confirmation that you can go home now. After that, we’ll go to YG for breakfast alright?” Youngbae said.

Jiyong nodded and smiled warmly.

Youngbae then kissed Jiyong’s lips and walked out of the room.

--

He then came back to the room with two nurses, following him at the back.

The two nurses then asked Youngbae to wait outside while they checked on Jiyong, politely.

“ Yeah, Mr Kwon, you are free to go now. False labor may happen during this period of time, so please take care and remember to take the medicine prescribed for you. If the pain comes more and more often, then it will be best if you come and consult the doctor.“ The nurses smiled, left a bag of medicines and were about to leave when Jiyong stopped them.

“ Thanks a lot.” Jiyong thanked and the nurses bowed to him, while walking out of the room.

After the nurses left, Youngbae came in and saw the bag of medicine left on the table. 
“ What did they say?’  Youngbae asked, while walking towards Jiyong.

“ I can go now. It’s very usual that the pain came during this period of time, but I have to come back to consult the doctor if the pain comes too often.” Jiyong repeated the nurses’ words.

“Oh, okay, then, let’s go to YG now.” Youngbae smiled, took the bag of medicine and helped Jiyong up. 

 

-

Sorry for such a short update.:/ Anyways, I still hope you guys would enjoy it.:) Have a great day ahead!~ And thankyou for reading.~