CHAPTER 26

Miracle Happens

Youngbae was on his way to the YG building when his phone rang. He knew that it was Jiyong who was calling him since the ringtone was way different from the others. He quickly stopped his car at the side of the road and the emergency stoplight, while he answered the phone call.

“Hello, baby?” Youngbae answered weakly.

“Yah, Dong Youngbae! You are not feeling well and you still going to the studios?” Jiyong shouted on the other line.

“How did you know that I’m sick?” Youngbae asked surprisingly.

“Do you think that I can’t feel your body heat when you gave me a kiss goodbye? Your body heat was hotter than usual.” Jiyong explained.

“Baby, I’m sorry. I just need to stop by the studios for a little while.” Youngbae said.

“No! You should head home now! Right now!” Jiyong said sternly.

“Come on, baby. I promise I’ll be home after listening to the new song and submitted it to YG hyung.” Youngbae said.

“Hais, alright. But you have to be home right after you gave the song to YG hyung.” Jiyong said, sighing.

“Yes, baby. I promise.” Youngbae said.

“Okay, I’ll hang up now.” Jiyong said, defeated.

“Okay, go back to sleep baby. It’s still early.” Youngbae said caringly.

“Alright, I’ll make Mino some milk first.” Jiyong said.

“What a good daddy.” Youngbae teased. “Alright, goodnight baby boo. Bye. See you later.” Youngbae said lovingly.

-

After they hung up the phone, Youngbae continued to drive towards the YG Building.

--

“Hyung…” Youngbae said in a hoarse voice.

“Sup, Youngbae! What’s with your voice?” Teddy hyung replied.

“Caught a cold.” Youngbae said in a weak tone.

“Aigoo, come and take a seat.” Teddy hyung said, pulling Youngbae down to sit. “Your body is burning, Youngbae. You should go back home and rest!” Teddy hyung said.

“It is okay, hyung. I still can record.” Youngbae tried to smile widely, to assure Teddy hyung that he can make it.

“You sure? It will be better if you go back home and rest now.” Teddy hyung said unconvinced.

“I can do it, hyung. Let’s start now.” Said Youngbae, walking into the recording room.

“Okay, give me a hand sign if you feel that you can’t take it anymore.” Teddy hyung said.

Youngbae nodded.

“Okay, get ready. We’re going to record “1AM’.” Teddy hyung informed.

Youngbae nodded again and Teddy hyung started playing the song.

--

After three hours, Youngbae was still recording the same part.

“Youngbae! This one is okay.” Teddy hyung said.

“Really?” Youngbae said, a little out of breath and stepped out of the recording room.

Teddy hyung nodded and asked Youngbae to take a seat beside him.

Youngbae sat down and Teddy hyung spoke again, “ Let’s listen.”

“No, hyung. This can’t be used.” Youngbae said unsatisfied.

“Come on, Youngbae. It is good enough.” Teddy hyung said.

“No, hyung. Good enough is not what we wanted. Let’s restart.” Youngbae said, feeling a little dizzy at the same time.

Teddy hyung stretched out his hand to Youngbae’s forehead to check his temperature.

“Youngbae, your fever is getting worse. Your face is as pale as a ghost now. Stop. Go home and rest.”  Teddy hyung said, worried.

“No, hyung. I can do it. I’m stronger than what you think I am.” Youngbae refused stubbornly.

Teddy hyung just gave him a weird look and Youngbae just smiled before standing up.

Just when he stood up and took a few steps, his body started to sway and a few seconds later, he fell on the floor.

“YOUNGBAE!” Teddy hyung stood up and ran to Youngbae. He shook Youngbae and he got no reaction from Youngbae.

“Youngbae! Are you okay? Answer me!” Teddy hyung panicked.

Still, Youngbae did not react.

Teddy then immediately fished out his phone in his pocket and call for an ambulance.

“Hello, this is the Emergency department. May I help you?” a lady asked.

“Hello. I’m calling for an ambulance to come down to YG building. Someone had fainted.” Teddy hyung said.

The lady took down the details and hung up the phone after saying “bye” to everyone.

Teddy then immediately called Jiyong to inform him.

-

RRR

“Hello? Teddy hyung?” Jiyong answered.

“Hello, Jiyong-ah.” Teddy hyung hesitated.

“Hyung?” Jiyong asked.

“Jiyong-ah, Young…Youngbae…” Teddy hyung mumbled.

“Hyu…hyung! What’s with Youngbae?!” Jiyong shouted, unable to calm down.

 “He fainted.” Teddy hyung spoke.

“What happened, hyung?” Jiyong said, his voice shaking.

“His fever got worse and he refused to stop recording.” Teddy hyung sighed.

“The ambulance is on its way here. I’ll text you which hospital later.” Teddy hyung added.

“Okay, hyung. Bye.” Jiyong said and hung up.

Teddy looked at his phone, feeling how scared is Jiyong feeling now. There are many cases which people just kicked the bucket due to high fever and still not get a remedy immediately.

Teddy also alerted the other members and YG hyung.

A few minutes after he had finished texting YG hyung, the ambulance came, the paramedics bringing a stretcher out and running into the building.  When they’re in the building, one of the staffs showed them the way to the recording studio.

The paramedics and also the staff that showed them the way kept running. When they arrived at the studio, Teddy hyung gave way for the medics to do their job. They checked his heart rate, blood pressure and his temperature.

“Heart rate is quite weak. Blood pressure is normal and his body temperature is 39.8 degree Celsius.” One of the medics reported.

“Quick! Get him on the stretcher!” the other medic shouted and all of them divided the job perfectly.

“1,2,3.” The medics pulled Youngbae up and placed him down on the stretcher.

They immediately rushed back to the ambulance and set off to the hospital.

On the ambulance, Teddy made a call to Jiyong.

R

R

R

“Hello, Jiyong?” Teddy answered.

“Hello, hyung. “ Jiyong replied quietly.

“ Jiyong-ah, are you okay?” Teddy asked worriedly.

“ Ye-yeah, hyung. Is Youngbae okay?” Jiyong asked.

“I don’t know. We’re on our way to the hospital.” Teddy replied.

“I’m coming over now.” Jiyong said.

“Okay, see you soon, Jiyong. Bye.” Teddy replied.

“Bye, hyung. “ Jiyong said and ended the call.

 --

Back at home:

“We need to go to the hospital, son.” Jiyong spoke to Minho, who was playing with his toys on his parents’ bed.

Minho looked at Jiyong, smiling and throwing a teddy bear at Jiyong. Jiyong picked up the teddy bear and stared at it.

“Youngbae babo…” Jiyong whispered to himself. “Be strong, baby…” Jiyong sighed.

“Ahpak.” Minho called out.

Jiyong then looked at Minho and walked towards him.

“Yeah, we need to go and see Daddy Youngbae.” Jiyong said. “ Stay here quietly. Daddy needs to go and pack some stuff before we head to the hospital.” Jiyong added and went to take the backpack that Youngbae always use to put Minho’s diapers, milk bottle, pacifier, milk powder and handkerchief. Jiyong then carried the bag, took his valuables and keys and went to carry Minho before rushing out of the house.

--

In the ambulance:

“J…Ji…” Youngbae spoke weakly.

“Youngbae, are you feeling better now?” Teddy asked.

Youngbae slowly opened his eyes and said, “Ji… Is that…you?”

“No, it’s Teddy hyung here.” Teddy replied.

“Ji…” Youngbae said, closing his eyes again.

“Youngbae, stay awake. How are you feeling now? Better?” Teddy asked.

Youngbae stopped talking.

The medics onboard checked on him.

“Everything’s normal, except for his body temperature. It’s getting higher.” The medic reported.

Teddy hyung then said, “We’re arriving at the hospital soon. Hang on there, Youngbae.” 

--

It's been so long since my last update. Sorry. :( School work had been eating too much of my leisure time. T.T Hope this update is still readable. :x Sorry if this update is not great. D: I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. :/ But most probably, I'll only update in March since my first semester exams is just 1 week away. T.T Hope you guys will understand.:c Really sorry. D: Hope you guys like it. :x