Chapter 4

My Life

When we went outside I saw one of those long, black and shiny cars parked in front of the building. I saw one of them going past me one day when I ran away from an orphanage. Rich people have cars like that. Someone rich must have come near here today. 

The driver was standing next to the car in a white uniform. When Channie oppa’s parents approached, he opened the door for them- *WAIT! Channie oppa is rich!? They are rich!?!?* My eyes went wide with shock.

Channie oppa dragged me into the car with him seating me next to him. His parents were sitting in front of us.

“We’ll be going home now, Suho.” Channie oppa’s mom said to the driver in a calm tone.

I was still amused by the car. The inside seemed so huge. I was looking around when Channie oppa’s mom said my name.

“Min Jin.” I looked at her and blinked.

“Are you happy to be coming with us?” she asked smiling at me in a motherly way. 

I hesitated, but nodded slowly.

“You can call us Appa and Omma, just like Channie oppa.” Channie oppa’s dad said.

“A-Appa… Omma…” I said looking at them when I called them. So that they knew I accept them as my parents. I was taken aback when channie oppa screamed. 

“Awwwwwwwwwwn!! Kyeowo~!” he pinched my cheeks. I couldn’t help but giggle at the way he was acting. I really wonder where he got this cheerful and  positive attitude from. 

Suddenly I remembered about the drawing of oppa and me. It was on my lap. I stared at it, feeling sad. *Oppa... I’m being adopted by a very nice family. There is a boy of the same age as you. The family is so nice. They are so loving. But no one can replace you oppa… no one can ever replace the love you gave to me. Please come. Please… keep your promise. I miss you so much oppa...” I closed my eyes as tears started forming in my eyes. A tear slid down my face. 

“Oh! Baby Minnie! Gwenchannayo?” Channie oppa asked concern visible in his voice.

I nodded fast and hurriedly tried to wipe the tears away when he unexpectedly pulled me into a hug causing me to burst into tears. I cried into his chest, and he comfortingly rubbed the back of my head. 

I heard Omma and Appa whisper.

“She must have had a sad past.” 

“I wonder what happen.”

“I saw the drawing. It has a boy in it. I think the girl is her. Maybe the boy is her brother.”

“Maybe. I don’t think it’s the right time for her to tell us what happen.”

“Yeah it’s too early. She’ll open up when the right time comes.”

“I feel sad to see her crying.”

“Don’t worry too much; Channie seems to be able to control her. It looks like she’s comfortable around him already.”

“Yeah…”

I hugged him as I cried. I slowly calmed down and fell asleep like that.

“Baby Minnie! Baby Minnie!” I heard a voice. I opened my eyes to see adorable channie oppa looking at me from above. I blinked a few times. Oppa smiled at me brightly.

“We’re home!" He said in his usual cheerful voice. I looked around. Omma and Appa were getting out of the car. I realized I was sleeping this whole time on Oppa’s lap. Quickly I got up, but this caused me to feel dizzy so I held my head.

“Come on! Let’s go! I wanna show you our house. You’ll love it!” with that same cheerful smile plastered on his face, he pulled me with him while I grabbed my drawing.

When I went out of the car I could not believe my eyes. I was standing in front of a huge house. Not a house, a mansion. I had my mouth wide open. *Does this mean I’m gonna be rich too? Will I be living here from now?* I thought.

“Come! Come! Come! I wanna show you around the house!! You’ll be living here from now.” I shook my head and smiled at the cute channie oppa. I was being pulled again. Omma and Appa laughed at both of us.

Channie oppa I and went up to the main door to the house, which was huge too. I guess the things that rich people own are huge. The door opened which surprised me at first because it was opening by itself. Then I saw a lady wearing a black skirt and a white blouse. Her hair was in a pony tail. She had a kind smile.

“ Annyeonghaseyo.” She greeted all of us as we entered. 

“ Annyeong~” Channie oppa replied smiling widely.

I looked around. It was a nice place. Everything was clean and tidy. Channie oppa was holding my hand and looking at me waiting for my reaction after seeing the house.

I felt like keeping oppa waiting so I looked around the house a while longer. I then looked at Oppa’s anxious face waiting for me to say something.

I giggled and hugged him, snuggling my face into his tummy as he was taller than me. He chuckled and came on his knees and hugged me tightly too. I guess he is the one person who’s able to understand me just by my actions. I don’t know why but it feels so safe when I’m with him.

“Channie! Minnie!” Omma called both of us excitedly. I giggled again. This family… they love making nicknames.

Oppa took my hand and took me to the living room. This was huge as well. My eyes grew wide when I saw many maids and butlers in the house. They were lined up in two neat lines in the living room.

Channie oppa sat down on the couch and sat me on his lap. He hugged me from behind and placed his head on my shoulder.

Appa clear his throat and started talking.

“This is a house meeting! An important meeting, so everyone should listen up cause I’ll be introducing a member of this family.” Appa motioned me to come over. I got off of oppa’s lap and went over to him. He smiled and ran his fingers through my long black hair. He got up, stood behind me and placed his hands in my shoulder, facing everyone in the room. 

“This here is our little daughter. Bang Min Jin. She is part of the family now. Everyone should treat her nicely because from today onwards she will be the princess of this house and also the princess of this part of Seoul. As we all know our family is the richest in this part of Seoul.” The maids and butlers nodded respectfully.

*Princess!!!! Don’t tell me I just became a princess! The poor, lonely girl with no family just became rich and is a princess in just one day! How is this possible!* I was freaking out on the inside but I had my poker face on the outside. Channie oppa chuckled. I looked at him.

“Yes, you just became princess. You’re rich and also my very beautiful sister. From now you’re part of the family and yes all this happened in just one day.” He said everything as if he could read my mind. 

*Oh my god! He can read my mind!!* I was still freaking but kept my poker face.

“No, Baby girl, I cannot read your mind, but your expressions are so easy to read.” He said with an eye smile. Everyone giggled at the little scene. Channie oppa calling me baby girl reminded me of my Oppa.

I really wondered how he does it. It’s not like I show it on the outside.

“You can go sit with Channie now.” Appa said and I ran to him and sat on his lap again.

“The meeting isn’t over yet.” Appa stated.

“Minnie. Do you want to change you name to Kim Min Jin or Stay as Bang Min Jin? Nothing will happen even if you keep your name the way it already is.” Omma said with a motherly smile.

I didn’t really expect this question to come. I thought of how it would be like to be Kim Min Jin, but Oppa came to my mind. If I change my last name and if oppa came back looking for me, he may not be able to find me. So I decided to keep my last name as it is.

“Bang Min Jin.” I said shortly after a while of thinking. Appa and Omma nodded.

Channie oppa was running his fingers through my hair. 

“Oh and Minnie, your maid will be Sunhwa. She’ll be handling all things related to you starting today.” Omma said and looked and the two lines of maids and butlers.

“Sunhwa, your priority now is taking care of Minnie! Nothing else.” Omma said in a serious tone. A kind looking lady stepped out of the line and bowed respectfully. She had brown hair which was tied in a pony tail and she was wearing the same uniform as every other maid in the house. “Omma!” Channie oppa called out, gaining attention from everyone in the room.

“Let’s give Baby Minnie a makeover.” I looked at him. He was smiling so widely that it made me smile too.

*A makeover? Does that mean I’m changing my appearance?* I gasped.

“Don’t worry you’re not changing your appearance. Just your hair and new clothes.” He said in a brotherly tone. I blushed; embarrassed that he seems to know what I’m thinking of. He chuckled.

“That’s a good idea! Sunhwa, please take Minnie and give her a haircut, make it cute. Also give a warm bath. We will be back after shopping for her.” Omma said. Sunhwa nodded and motioned me to come over.

Channie oppa gave a little push, when I hesitated to go to her.

“Don’t worry baby girl, Omma put you with the best maid in the house."

I slowly got off his lap and went to Sunhwa. She held my hand and we headed upstairs.

 

“Channie!! Let’s go!! I heard Omma say in a really hyper tone.

“Neh!” I heard Oppa reply in the same tone. I see where he got that cheerful tone from. It made me smile.

 

Sunhwa cut my hair first. I didn’t know how my hair was cut because she told me to close my eyes. I don’t mind being surprised by the new look I’m gonna have.

Then she got me into the bath tub. I didn’t know whether I should call her Ahjumma or Unnie. I frowned a little.

“Ahjumma.” I accidently blurted out. I quickly covered my mouth. She gave a small laugh.

“I’m not that old you know. I’m only 18. Call me Unnie”. She said kindly.

“Neh, Unnie.” I said softly.

She gave me a bath and I felt sparkling clean.

Unnie was drying my hair when oppa’s familiar voice rang through the whole house.

“We’re home!!!” he screamed running upstairs.

“Channie! Be careful!" Omma called after him.

Unnie led me to a big room. The walls were bare with light pink paint. * Simple and cute* just my style. There was a huge mirror covering up half of the wall. A huge bed, a book shelf, a table and a balcony too. Everything is so princess-like here. 

Channie oppa barged into the room making me jump a little.

“Look what we bought you!” 

He dropped all the bags on the floor and took each dress out with its accessories and placed them on the bed. I couldn’t believe it. So many things… Its gonna take a while for me to get used to the richness of this family.

“Do you like them?” he asked jumping up and down with a smile on his face. 

I giggled at how hyper he is.

“I love them, but this is too much for even a princess to ask for.” I said actually voicing out my thoughts. 

“Don’t say that. You are a princess. A princess gets everything she asks for and I wouldn’t mind buying the whole mall for you. My cute little princess!” He said in a brotherly tone.

My eyes went wide when he said he would buy the whole mall for me. I quickly waved my hands in front of me to say no.

He chuckled and picked a baby blue dress.

“Wear this!” he said. He didn’t see my hair either because I had a towel covering it. He ran out of the room shouting that he wanted to be surprised.

Unnie and I giggled at his cuteness.

“He’s always like this.” Unnie said in her soft voice. “I’m actually happy to have someone like him in the house. It would be so dull if he wasn’t cheerful and hyper like this.” I smiled and nodded in agreement.

“Unnie… how long have you been here? In this house?” I asked wanting to know a bit more about my personal maid. 

“Oh! Your Omma and Appa found me on the streets when I was only 10. They brought me here with them. I was in need of money and I told them I would like to be a maid here. They gave me love and shelter. They told me I could leave when I’m old enough, but I couldn’t leave after being here for so long. This house is like home to me. Your Omma and Appa are very nice people. You’re very lucky to have lovely parents like them.” Unnie explained. She was a girl like me when she was young. 

The difference was I ran from one orphanage to another while she stayed on the streets.

She helped me wear the dress oppa picked. She combed my hair and put the baby blue head band on my head.

“Everyone’s gonna be surprised to see you after the makeover. You cutie.” She exclaimed in a hyper voice. I laughed; this family is full of hyper-ness. 

“Let’s go downstairs and surprise them.” We were about to go out of the room when Channie oppa barged into the room again. 

“You guys are so slow! I can’t wait an-” Oppa stopped what he was saying and his eyes widened.

“Oh! My! Goodness! My beautiful girl! Baby Minnie! Is that really you?! You look so cute and beautiful! Come here you lovely thing!” he ran over, went to his knees and hugged me. “OMMA! APPA! Come up here! Palli! Palli!!” He shouted again.

What is it?” Appa came running into the room.

“Did something happen?” Omma called while running into the room after him. 

Both of them stopped when they saw me with oppa kneeling beside me, hugging me like there’s no tomorrow.

“He-he-he” I laughed awkwardly as oppa went on hugging me.

“Minnie! Princess! So cute!” Omma was going crazy too.

“Did you look at yourself in the mirror?” Channie asked, his smile not leaving his face. 

He pulled me to the mirror that covered half of the wall.

My eyes widened when I saw myself. I look pretty.

*Wow! Am I going to be a real princess now? What every girl dreams of being? A Princess...* I thought as I looked at myself in the mirror.


Hello :DDD

Chapter 4 went a little bit longer than I expected. Cx

I hope you like it :)

I don't know much about Seoul. So i just said 'this part of Seoul'. xP

Once again I will say a big thanks to all the subscribers and commenters. ^^

I appreciate them alot. The comments are lovely. x)

Subscribe and comment :D

26.05.13