Chapter 3

My Life

 

I didn’t care about the people that come and go. Some kids get excited and all hyper and greet them while others just stare at them. Then there’s me. Sitting in the corner, drawing, not at all caring about what’s happening around me.

In my drawing oppa and I were holding hands and I wrote ‘Oppa please keep the promise

Suddenly a shadow fell on to my paper and before I could look up the owner of the shadow said something that I would never expect.

“You’re cuuuuuutte~!” it was a boys voice.

I looked up and saw a boy that looked about 14, the same age as oppa. He eye smiled at me while I kept my expressionless face.

“Annyeong~” he said in a cheerful tone. Anyone would get cheered up by that tone!

I kept silent and stared at him wondering why he was talking to me.

“What’s your name?" he asked in the same cheerful tone. He seemed to have a positive attitude. It was strange how a new comer would just simply come and start talking to the silent one sitting all alone in the corner.

Since I’m not the type to open up, I still kept silent, but somehow the cheerful tone, the positive smile and attitude made me like him instantly. Though I couldn’t trust people around me after that night and after all the running around from one place to another, I actually thought and felt that I could trust this boy standing in front me.

He sat down on the floor facing me, looking straight into my eyes.

“What’s your name?” he asked again.

“M-M-Min Jin.” My mouth worked automatically. This is the first time I talked after a really long time. He smiled even wider when I responded.

“Do you have a last name? Do you know it?” he asked with a warm smile this time. I felt comfortable for some reason.

“B-Bang Min Jin.” Not taking my eyes away from his. His eyes had this piercing warmness in them. I unconsciously smiled. At that very moment one of the ahjummas and a couple whom I assumed to be the boy’s parents, came and stood around us.

“That’s the first time I’ve seen her smile and talk after coming here.” Ahjumma said warmly with a smile.

“Omma! Appa! Her!! I want her!” said the boy in his cheerful voice.

“Are you sure Channie?” his mom asked.

“Neh, Omma! I’m perfectly sure!”

“Okay Channie” his dad said and all three of them went away and the boy looked at me and flashed his cheerful smile at me again. I was back to my poker face.

“I’m Himchan. Kim Himchan. You can call me Channie oppa! Say Channie oppa!"

“I just blinked at him and he did a little aegyo and oh my goodness he looked adorably cute! Again I found myself smiling and responding to him.

“Ch-Channie O-oppa” I said in an unsure voice. He chuckled.

“Do you want to be my little sister? I’ll buy you beautiful clothes. I want you to look beautiful. Did you know you’re beautiful? Would you like a real home? Come with me!” He grabbed my hand and pulled me up with him while I grabbed my drawing with the other hand.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be the best brother ever.” He pulled me over to his parents. I liked how he didn’t mind me being silent and just went on babbling. It was comforting.

We were standing near his parents and his dad bent down to my eyelevel and chuckled.

“You’re a cutie. I see why Channie wanted you as his sister Come on let’s go home shall we?” the kindness in his voice was so fatherly that I already felt loved.

“Come on let’s go home.” His mom said smiling and walked along with his dad.

Channie grabbed my hand again and pulled me with him.

This boy seemed so loving in his own way. This family seemed so much like a real family. I don’t think I would mind accepting them as my adoptive parents and my big brother.  

 

I smiled.

 


 

HelloHello :D

This is a short chapter but this is what wrote so far and I thought of updating.  :)

Thankyou to the new subbies and comments. :D

I hope you like this chapter. Even if it's short. XD

Please dont be a a silent reader. Do comment and let me know what you think. ^^ <3

22.05.13