Chapter 17

My Life

“Yeoboseyo?” I said in a sleepy voice. There was no reply. “Yeoboseyo?” I said again while rubbing my eyes.

Then I heard a punch that made me stop doing what I was doing and listen again. *What’s happening?* I thought furrowing my eyebrows.

I looked at the caller ID again to check whether I saw it wrong before. It definitely said that the caller was Oppa. Then why did I hear the punch? Maybe just my imagination. But oppa wouldn’t stay quiet for so long on a call with me. He wouldn’t stay quiet at all; he would be the first one to speak.

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked again. I heard a punch again and this time I’m sure that it wasn’t my imagination. I heard a shout right after the punch. The voice was surely Oppa’s.

“Oppa?” I called him in an unsure voice and there was a low chuckle.

“Well, well. It’s the ‘princess’. Or should I say the poor little parentless girl.” A man said and gave a maniac laugh.

My eyes started stinging as I felt tears gather up.

“Why? What’s the matter? Don’t tell me the ‘Princess’ can’t talk.” The man laughed.

“Yah!” I said loudly, a tear trickled down my face.

 

Junhong started waking up slowly.

 

“Shut up! You don’t even know how to get angry! Tch! You are such a stupid girl. Just like what boss described.” The man said, and from the way he said it, it seemed like he was smirking.

My hands were trembling with anger and fear. Anger; because of the stupid, idiotic man who was talking to me. Fear; because of what might have happened to oppa and of what’s there to come. I had a feeling that this wasn’t going to end easily.

“Let’s finish this quickly, shall we? You come to the dark alley way across the park as fast as possible and I won’t let anything happen to your second oppa. Got that?”

*Oppa!* My eyes widened. “What are they gonna do?!* I panicked.

“Baby! No! Don’t come! I’m fine-” He got cut off by a punch.

“OPPA! I screamed.

 

Junhong who had his eyes closed, opened them, annoyed.

 

More tears fell down as I started to panic.

“Yeah! See! I told you he would get hurt if you don’t get your but here right now! Now hurry up!” The man yelled.

“Don’t you dare- Yeoboseyo? Yeoboseyo?!” I practically screamed into the phone when the man hung up on me.

Scared that my past was repeating all over again, I quickly got up to go, because I knew that the only way to end this whole thing would be to go to them myself and not run away from them.

Turning around to leave I gasped when someone held my wrist. I really was not in the right state of mind. I had even forgotten that Junhong was beside me.

He gave a questioning, concerned look. I realized I had tears on my face. Quickly wiping them away with the back of my free hand I just gave Junhong a scared look. I didn’t have time nor did I know how to explain.

My phone vibrated, filling the silence in the room with the sound of vibration.

It was an unknown number.

With trembling hands I hesitated before picking it up.

“Y-yeobo-s-seyo?” I stuttered. My heart was beating fast. I was scared.

Junhong gave another questioning look.

“Aw~ is the cute little princess scared? NOW HURRY UP! OR ELSE YOU’LL FIND THIS UGLY OPPA OF YOURS DEAD BEFORE YOUR EYES TOO!!” The same man from before yelled.

Gasping at the thought of Channie oppa dying, more tears filled my eyes. *When the man said, ‘this ugly oppa of yours dead before your eyes ‘too’!!’ what did he mean by that? Did my real oppa really die?!* Tears streaked down my cheeks, and my vision blurred. My phone fell from my hands to the floor. Breathing heavily I got my wrist out of Junhong’s grip and ran outside without a word.

I wiped my tears away from blurring my vision. Flashbacks of my horrible past were going through my head as I ran to the school gates, which were locked. Being the girl who was chased around when she was little, I knew ways of jumping and dodging things that came my way. Jumping over the gate without any mistake in landing on the other side, I ran as fast as I could.

I didn’t understand why they came back after 10 years. Were they not able to find me? Or are they doing this on purpose? But why now?!

I remembered the way I ran away to save my life before, because oppa told me to. I won’t run away from this, this time. I’m not letting it happen again. No matter what happens, I won’t let it happen again.

At that time I was young, I couldn’t save oppa.

Was he really alive or was the man indirectly telling the truth? I wasn’t there to see whether my real oppa died or not. I couldn’t do anything to help him. But this time, even if Channie oppa told me not to go, I still would. I’m not letting them hurt Channie oppa or the ones that I love, when things could be ended easily.

I cannot let them hurt the people I care about.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*All I had to do is, give myself to them and they would stop hurting my loved ones…* I thought as I wiped my eyes.

 


Hello my lovely readers :DDD

A huge thanks to the readers, the commenters, the subscribers and upvoters. ^^

Don't forget to subscribe and comment :)

I hope there are no silent readers...

Love you all very much!! <3

Take care everyone!! :DD

07.07.13