Chapter 13

My Life

Days went by, but Junhong stayed the same. Cold and silent. He didn’t seem to talk unless it’s necessary and for a moment there, I thought he was warming up. These days he seemed to be avoiding me as much as he can, but he isn’t getting away from me so easily.

His expression always looked so lost. During break, he would be walking absent mindedly. There are few times when I have eye contact with him. The pain I saw in his deep brown eyes was so much. I wanted to be there for him whenever I can. You might think that I stalk him, but no, I don’t. It’s just; I go with him wherever he goes. He may not talk or express his feelings but he doesn’t push me away and tell me to leave, instead he just stays calm. From the looks of it, whenever he’s alone, he wound be thinking deeply about something with a frown on his face. He would look very disturbed and also as if his head might explode any moment.

There was one time, at break, he walked to the little garden at the back of the school and I would follow him. The little garden was a calming place for both of us. He would go to the far end, away from me and lay there. Sometimes falling asleep, and when he doesn’t I would go near him and watch him sleep. His sleep doesn’t seem calm. It’s like something is happening, something that he doesn’t want is happening in his dreams. Then he would wake up so suddenly with tears in his eyes.

He must have had a scary past, like mine. There is a chance that it may not be like mine and that it may be worse, but I could understand how he felt.

I would stay hugging him till he calmed down from whatever scary dream he had. I like the way he doesn’t push me away. I love the feeling I get when I’m next to him. The tingly feeling inside my stomach and the way my heart beats when I’m close to him. It was the first time anyone had given me this feeling. It made me wonder if he felt the same way towards me.

I wonder if he has a family or if he lives alone. Where he lives and how he lives; I wanted to know, but I couldn’t just come and ask him things like that. I know how it feels to be asked about things that’s you are trying hard to forget. O figured that he will tell me about his past when he is able to fully trust me.

Through the past few day, he has become the schools Icy Kingka, or as the Prince. Some students paired me with him and now we even have a fan club. Though there were some jealous guys and girls who didn’t like both of us being close with each other, I appreciate that they don’t do anything stupid. Even though they are jealous, they don’t do any harm to either of us. I checked into their fan club one and had a tiny talk with them. They say “If the princess and prince are happy then we are happy for whatever decision they make.” I felt happy to have such thoughtful students at school.

 

Today was cold and windy. Winter was on its way and the days became colder and darker. On days like this the whole school would look as if it’s asleep. The guys and girls would be lazing around while the princess and her friends her hyper and crazy, having fun. Winter has always been our favorite season. We just love the cold and the way the cold wind makes us shiver. Winter was a season that made us feel happy and calm for some reason.

Today was the type of day that we go for ice-cream and more cold drinks. Yep, cold drinks.

The last bell rang, signaling that school had ended for the day.

Other students were lazily packing their bags and walking out of class while I jumped from my seat and packed mine in a hurry. Junhong gave me a glare for being too quick with my movements. I just gave him a bright, cheerful smile and he just shook his head in annoyance.

“Zelo! You wanna come have ice-cream with his?!” Eunnie screamed as she barged into the class with a hyper Youngjae and Daehyun following behind.

They had gotten closer with Junhong but he really doesn’t seem to have a proper conversation with anyone. So far the only person he had talked to was me and that was if we were alone. If Eunnie, Daehyun, or Youngjae talked to him, it would be a head movement or a shrug or he would just stay silent. Even though he didn’t talk I could tell he was comfortable being with us.

“Yeah! You wanna come? We’ll take you to the best ice-cream shop ever! There’s gonna be a lot of flavors as well! There’s gonna be choc mint and honey and triple cho-mmph” Youngjae muffled what Daehyun was saying by covering his mouth. I giggled at the two.

“So are you coming or not? Youngjae asked. Eunnie showed her cheerful puppy eyed expression while sitting in the seat in front of Junhong. Junhong shook his head as a no and Eunnie put her puppy face closer to his face making him flick her forehead. She hissed in pain and put her fingers to her forehead where he flicked.

“Aww… are you sure?” Daehyun asked when he was finally able to get Youngjae’s hands off.

Junhong nodded.

“So, you’re going home now?” Youngjae asked.

He nodded once again and started packing his bag.

“Okay then, we’ll be going now!” Eunnie said while pulling Youngjae and Daehyun out of the classroom with her. I smiled.

“Bye Junhong. Sleep well tonight, okay?” I said knowing very well that most of his nights are sleepless nights. He hummed as a yes.

We were walking out of the school when my phone vibrated. –Oppa-

“Baby Minnie! You’re going for ice-cream right now, right?

“Neh” I said while I put it on speaker.

“You’ll be coming home alone?”

“Ani.” I said.

“We’re coming too~” Eunnie, Youngjae and Daehyun shouted.

“Okay, good. Omma and Appa will be home for dinner, so come early, okay?” He sounded sleepy.

“Okay. Bye oppa.”

“Byyyeee~” They shouted.

“Bye.” Oppa chuckled.

We walked down the road towards our favorite ice-cream shop.

“Annyeong Ahjumma!” I said as we entered the shop.

Since it was our favorite ice-cream shop and we come here a lot, the Ahjumma knows us well.

“Annyeong~” She said in a merry voice. “What flavor can I get for you today?”

‘One Mint choc chip, one vanilla, one honey with hazelnut and one triple chocolate, please.” Daehyun listed out what everyone wanted today.

We have tried every flavor available in this shop, and there’s not even one flavor that we dislike.

“Okay… Cup or cone? Wait. Let me guess, cone?” Ahjumma asked smiling brightly.

Eunnie and I giggled while the other two smiled. Ahjumma really knows us well.

She works in this shop alone, and we sometimes come to help her out. Her husband died of cancer and has a son who was in the same class as us but went abroad to study in America with his aunt. It has been more than 2 years now since he left, she lives alone. We miss him. He was a good friend and classmate.

“Neh~” I said. “We would like to eat outside today.” Eunnie said.

“I thought so.” She gave a laugh.

From behind both me and Eunhee, I heard the guys play rock paper scissors.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked turning around.

At that very moment Daehyun lost and fell to the floor with a defeated groan.

“Just seeing who pays for the ice-cream. That person is Daehyun.” Youngjae said coolly.

“Seriously guys. I’m paying.” I said and turned back to the counter with a laugh.

“Oh!” Both of them said at the same time. *Oh these two idiots. But I love them anyway.*

We took our ice-creams and thanked the Ahjumma. Walking to the door, we were more than surprised when someone opened the door to the shop and put two suitcases in before entering.

“Omma.” He greeted with a cute, innocent smile on his face.


Hello Readers <3

Sorry to have kept you guys waiting for so long. >.< 

It's not a long chapter but I hope you like it ^^

I want to thank my co-author, xxmusicfreakxx for helping with the editing. :) 

Thank you to all the subbies and commenters :DD

I love you guys very much <3

19.06.13