Chapter 23

My Life

I walked through the doors with a nervous Junhong beside me. Bowing slightly as a thank you to the butler who opened the door, I smiled at Sunhwa unnie who came up to me and patted my fringe down.

“How was school? Oh and who’s this cutie?” She asked as she took the bag from me.

“It was good, thank you. Oh, this is Zelo, a friend of mine.” I blushed a little, because I knew that I like him more that a friend to be exact.

“Nice to meet you, Zelo. You can call me Sunhwa Noona, or just Noona is fine. I’m Minnie’s maid and a big sister to her.” Unnie introduces her and bowed as a hello. Junhong bowed back as a kind gesture.

“Your Omma and Appa are back from Japan. They’re in the living room.”Unnie smiled before walking upstairs to my room with my bag.

Smiling at Junhong I gestured him to follow me to the living room. He followed, but was unusually fidgety and nervous.

The moment I stepped into the living room, the first thing I heard was Omma shout.

“Oh my Minnie! I missed you so much, dear! I don’t even get to spend time with my dear little daughter now!” She practically ran over to me and hugged me. I really liked how teenage like she can be even though she’s not of the age. She may be my adoptive mother, but I love her like she’s my own mother. I giggled at how she was fussing over me.

“How was school? Everything is good, right? Is there anything bothering you? You can tell Omma, okay? Channie is good to you, right?” She asked all the questions at once.

“Omma~” I laughed. “Everything is fine. Oppa is always good to me, Omma!” I said smiling at my mother.

“Annyeong, Appa.” I waved to Appa who was having a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. He glanced at me and gave a small smile and a wave before going back to what he was doing.

“Oh, Omma.” I looked behind me to see Junhong looking down, playing with his fingers and pulled him beside me causing his eyes to widen. “This is Choi Junhong, Zelo. The guy I told you about the other night.” I smiled.

“Awwn. He’s an adorable boy. Hello Junhong.” Omma pinched his cheeks lovingly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Kim.” He greeted Omma and added. “Please call me Zelo.”

My smile faded slightly. *I wonder why he doesn’t like being called Junhong… but... why is he okay with me calling him by his real name..?*

Before Omma could say anything, a voice boomed from behind her.

“Minnie!!”

“Y-yes, Appa…?”  I asked, worried and startled by his change of mood and expression.

“Did I just here a voice of a boy whom I have never met before?! And why is a boy I haven’t met in this house?!” He said sternly in a slightly whiny voice.

*Oh Appa!*

“Appa! I told you about him the other night, remember? This is Zelo.” This time I introduced Junhong as Zelo. I looked at him to see him wide eyed with shock written across his face.

“Oh, Zelo. Right. Sorry about that. Minnie really brought a guy other than Daehyun, Youngjae and who was that other boy?... uh… Jongup, home. You must be special to her, Zelo.” Appa smiled and patted Junhong’s shoulder in a fatherly manner.

“A-A-Annyeong-haseyo, Mr. K-Kim.” Junhong stuttered.

“Aye, boy, no need to be scared, I don’t shout normally.” Appa gave a laugh causing both Omma and me to laugh loudly.

“Right, Appa, you don’t.” I laughed.

“Hey~ I don’t, okay!” He gave me a funny look. I just shook my head and grabbed Junhong’s arm.

“We’ll be in my room.” I called as I dragged Junhong upstairs.

“Don’t do anything stupid.” Appa called out, I felt my face heat up.

“Honey, you’re embarrassing them!” I heard Omma say.

I pulled Junhong into my room, sighing, I sat down on my bed. Junhong stood there awkwardly and I couldn’t help but giggle at how cute he looked.

“Come, sit. Don’t be so awkward. Think of this place as your own.” I smiled, patting the spot on the bed next to me.

He strode over and uncertainly sat down.

“How can I think of this place as my own…? I don’t belong here.” He said softly.

“Junhong-ah… Don’t be like that.” There was a short silence. “What do you think?” I asked, believing that he would know what I was talking about.

“Oh… people here are nice…” His lips formed a tiny smile. “I thought your Appa was angry at first, but he seems nice… Your Omma is like Himchan Hyung. I see where he got it from.” I smiled at his response. I like how he talks more now compared to before.

“I wish I had parents like them…” His voice was so soft it was barely audible.

“Junhong…” I kicked off my shoes and sat cross legged on the bed looking at him.

“Minnie… I think you should know…” He took in a deep shaky breath. I knew he wasn’t ready.

“Junhong… You can tell me later… when you’re ready to tell me. Don’t rush. I’ll wait.” I smiled kindly at him. He looked at me for a moment and blinked before showing me his adorable smile.

He too, kicked off his shoes and sat cross legged, facing me.

“Your room is big and nice.” He said all so suddenly making me giggle.

“Thank you” I said. “Oh Junhong, will you help me with my plan?” I smirked

“What plan?” He asked.

“The plan to make Jongup realize that Eunnie likes him and to make them a couple.  They make an adorable couple.” I clasped my hands together, smiling widely as I imagined those two together, walking side by side, hand in hand. There was no reply from Junhong. I looked at him to see him sitting there with a blank expression on his face.

I waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention, he looked lost.

“Junhong, you okay?”

“You don’t like him?” He asked still with the same blank expression.

“Like who? Jongup? Of course I like him. Why wouldn’t I like him? He’s a nice guy.” I smiled.

“No, I mean… like-like him. Aren’t you both together?”

“What?! No! Junhong. No.  I don’t like him like that. Just as a friend.” I was taken aback by what Junhong thought.

“Uh, sorry… I thought…” He said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

“It’s okay… So will you? I think, no, I know that Eunnie likes Jongup a lot.” I said.

“Mmmm.” He thought for a while and I looked at him expectantly. “I will.” Junhong smiled.

“So, what do you think we can do?” I said, thinking of what we could do.

“How about letting them spend some time with each other, alone?” Junhong asked.

“Yeah. That would be good, but we have to convince them to go alone.”

The rest of the hours were spent discussing our plan, showing Junhong around the mansion and talking about each other’s interests.

I found out he likes to rap. I did ask him to rap but he was too shy, which I found really adorable.

It was starting to get late and at that very moment Channie oppa banged open the door to my room, startling both of us.

“Hello, Love birds!” My eyes widened and I blushed furiously.

“Awwwwn. So cute. Junhong, you want a ride home?”

“Ani, it’s okay. I’ll take the bus. I’ll be heading home now.”

“Come on. I’ll give you a ride home. Your Hyung must be worried about you. It’s getting late too!” Oppa swung an arm around his shoulders and walked out of the room and down the stairs.

“Bye Junhong! See you tomorrow.” I shouted.

“Bye.” He shouted back and they left.

 


I know it's a short and boring update ><

I'll try to make the next chapter a bit more exciting. ^^

I'll also try to update more often :D

Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

I love you all~

19 November 2013