Chapter 20

My Life

Your POV

Today was cloudy and dull. My mood was off and I absent mindedly walked to school alone. Channie oppa had told me to go with Suho oppa since I told him to rest and because he had lots of bruises and cuts all over his body.

Suho oppa was ready to take me to school but I told him that I wanted to walk alone to school. Suho oppa did no questioning as he knew I needed some time alone. Only he and Sunhwa unnie knew about last night’s happenings. Omma and Appa went on a business trip to Japan.

Telling Suho oppa to keep me going alone a secret from channie oppa, I left home and here I was, walking absent mindedly on the road.

I know I should be scared to go out of the house alone. Who knows, one of those men might come out of nowhere and kidnap me, or even me. But my mind didn’t seem to worry about what might happen to me. The only thing going through my mind was the safety of my loved ones. Omma, Appa, Channie oppa, Eunnie, Daehyun, Youngjae… and … Junhong.

If anyone of those men popped out of nowhere, I reminded myself to run like I did 10 years back.

*channie oppa… Mianhae…You got hurt a lot last night… because of me… Please be safe Channie oppa… They might do anything to you and I know they would be very happy to kill you… to kill you right in front of my eyes this time… I only heard my real oppa being killed… being shot… but I have no idea whether he survived or not. This time round, I know… they would do anything to make my life harder… they’ve come back, after 10 years… and they wouldn’t hesitate to kill everyone I love… just so that they could see me living a life full of guilt, misery and depression of not being able to save you… Maybe they’ll kill me too. Please be careful… Omma… Appa… Oppa…Eunnie…Youngjae…Daehyun…………Junhong…….*

Suddenly I was pulled, pulled into someone’s warm, hard chest. A horn of a car beeped loudly as it went past. When the familiarity of the scent dawns on me, I let my arms circle around his waist as I let the tears I’ve held long enough to fall freely, wetting his uniform. * Junhong…* I thought as he rubbed his hands on my back comfortingly.

It was the first time experiencing someone other than oppa comforting me like this.

Slowly calming down, I moved away from him and my hands to fall to my sides. Wiping my tears away I looked down, embarrassed.

“Thank you Junhong.” I said, my voice breaking from crying. I wiped my face and stayed like that, looking at the ground, when I heard a cute, low chuckle.

I blinked, listening to him chuckle. It sounded to heavenly; I wanted to listen to it forever.

He put his fingers on my chin and lifted my chin up so that our eyes met. There was a twinkle in his eyes. Even though He chuckled just now, when I looked at his face, there was no smile there. Only a plain blank expression. But the twinkle in his eyes was something I’ve never seen before.

My lips formed a smile at the new brightly shining eyes. Because we were in public, he came closer to my ear and whispered.

“Smile.” That one word that has so much meaning to it. I was smiling right now and he was it, but I knew that when he said ‘smile’, he meant to always be happy and not cry. Smile; the word that made me smile even more and my action that brightened his world.

Even though his expression was blank I could see that he was worried. He had even more dark circles around his eyes. I guess he wasn’t able to sleep well either because of the things that happened last night.

His expression then turned into a frown as he looked at my neck. I was wondering why he was looking there and with a frown on his face too. That’s when I remembered, the man had my neck so much I had red marks there. I shuddered as the moment replayed, and blushed because I wasn’t in the right mind to notice it this morning.

Junhong, who had a red circle scarf around his neck, took it off and put it around mine. His scent and warmth from the scarf, made me more comfortable and warm.

Looking around me I noticed that there were a lot of people around. Looking back at Junhong, I smiled at the thought that came to my head.

“Junhong… Let’s skip school.” I said, looking into his deep brown orbs waiting for him to respond. This was the first time I ever even thought of skipping school.

Junhong looked into my eyes before nodding with the same twinkle in his eyes. It made him look so bright. It made me wonder how much brighter he would be if he actually smiled.

We walked slowly, side by side. Junhong had his skateboard but he carried it instead of riding it. Walking slowly we reached a lonely area. Not much people were around.

Sitting on a bench, I sighed. Junhong sat next to me; putting his skate board on the ground he rode his feet from side to side on it.

“Are you okay?” He asked. I wondered why he never liked talking in public.

“Mmm” I replied.

There was a silence after that, a comfortable silence.

I looked at Junhong who was looking into the distance.

“Junhong-ah…” I started. He looked at me.

“You must want to know who I really am, and why things happened like that last night.” I said quietly.

He blinked at me. He didn’t stop me so I started.

“I’m the daughter of Kim HimGook and Kim YeonHee, the little sister of the famous Kim HimChan. I’m Bang MinJin.” I stopped, looking at him.

“Your surname’s different…” He said.

“…I’m…adopted…” I said, looking into the distance.

“You don’t have to continue if you can’t, okay?” Junhong said softly in a calming voice.

I shook my head.

“I want to. Junhong, I want you to know.” I said looking at him with sad eyes.

“I was living a perfect life with oppa. At least I thought I was. I had no idea what it was like to have parents and friends.” I sighed. “My oppa and I lived alone. He would work hard all day to make a living for both of us.  He would leave early morning and come back late at night.” I smiled remembering the times I spent with oppa. “That’s when he spends time with me; late at night. We have fun, we go for walks and he would tell me cute stories. He was the best person anyone could ask for…” I sighed again and Junhong put his hand over mine.

His touch was warm. I looked at him. His eyes showed so much kindness and warmness, I felt myself melt as I stared into his deep eyes. I continued.

“He told me… that my parents had been killed by some people three months after I was born.  My sister, my twin sister, who was born only 4 minutes before me was kidnapped by the people who... killed my … parents…” I closed my eyes as a tear slowly traveled its way down to my shin. Junhong squeezed my hands softly in a comforting way.

“Oppa told me that she died soon after being kidnapped. But… I couldn’t believe it. I felt that my sister was alive. I just had a feeling that she was alive but she… was suffering…”

I looked to the distance before continuing.

“All I wanted was oppa to be by my side and live the rest of my life happily with oppa. But there was something that I didn’t know. The men that killed Omma and Appa were not done yet. What would I know, right? I was only six.” I let out a breathy laugh. I looked at Junhong again. From what I knew he hasn’t taken his eyes off of my face from the moment I started the story of my past. It was like as if he was ready to comfort me when I break into tears. AS if he already knew I was going to break into tears.

“That night…… Oppa and I were out on our regular walk. It was a calming and beautiful night…” My eyes filled with tears.

“Three men… Three big men came to oppa… and I was standing there confused… Oppa told me to… run away… to never come back to the place again… to run as far as I can.” I took a shaky breath.

“Th-they punched and kicked him… in front of me… while I stayed there… refusing to leave oppa.” More tears flowed down my cheeks as I took another shaky breath.

Junhong’s arm went around my shoulders, hugging me close to him.  He rested his head on mine while I gripped his shirt tightly.

“He told me to run away… He told me not to look for him and that he would come back looking for me… he promised…” I cried into his chest.

“I didn’t want to… but I did... because oppa told me to… I was Oppa’s girl... I always did as he told… and he would always tell me what’s best, so I ran… I wasn’t able to run far... There was a loud… gunshot… and I knew then, that he had been shot. Believing in him … I ran again. Hoping that everything was alright and he survived the blow … but… it’s been 10 years after that… and I still won’t believe that he’s dead. Even if the mad from last night said so…” I cried into his chest. Junhong softly my hair.

“I ran away from 5 orphanages, after being left ay one by a nice woman. People at the orphanage weren’t nice… They weren’t nice at all.  I wasn’t until after a year that channie oppa, oppa and Appa came and adopted me. They made sure I was cared for and loved…”

We stayed like that. Unexpectedly both of our stomachs grumbled and I let go of him and sat up straight. Blushing, I looked away.

I heard the same adorable chuckle from before. Quickly looking at him I saw a cute smile on his lips. His cheeks rose up, making his eyes crescent shaped. The twinkle in his eyes, made him look like his face was glowing. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his angelic face.

Junhong stopped when he notice me starring at him. Clearing his throat, he went back to being the silent dull Junhong.

My phone vibrated, checking the caller ID I gasped and started to panic. *Omg! Omg! Ottoke!* Hesitating before picking up the phone I shut my eyes tightly ready for the yell.

“Yah! Bang MinJin! Where the heck are you?! I know you aren’t at school, so don’t lie to me! You better go to school right now!! Do you know how worried I am?!?  You know that even if no one told me, I would know that you didn’t go to school! I’m your oppa! O I would know, so don’t ask how I knew! Stop wandering around and GO TO SCHOOL RIGH-”

Junhong grabbed the phone from my hand.

“Hyung?”

“Oh Junhong? She’s with you?”

“Neh, Hyung…Don’t worry…”

“Arasso. Take care of her well. She told you about her past, didn’t she?”

“How…?”

“I’m her oppa, Junhong!”

“Neh, she did.”

“Be careful you two. You never know something might happen again.”

“Arasso hyung.” He was about to give me the phone when oppa spoke again.

“Oh and Junhong? Did you just speak to me!? OMG you just spoke to someone other than Minnie! Ooooh! I’m so happy right now! You two will be so cute together. Earn each other’s trust, okay Junhong. What I know is that she trusts you very much that she already told you her past when only a month went past.”

*I wonder what Oppa’s talking about…* I thought. Junhong blushed. *Omg! Oppa! Don’t tell me you’re talking about embarrassing stuff. Omg! So embarrassing!*

“Uuuh…Neh…”

“Bye Junhong!!! Be careful.”

“Bye… okay…”

Junhong handed the phone back to me.


Hello~~

Sorry if there's any mistakes.

Didn't have time to check after typing. :P

So Junhong is talking a bit more now. Cx

Thanks to all the subbies. :)

Don't forget to leave a comment ^^

21.07.13