Chapter 24

My Life

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched myself before curling back into a ball under the blanket. The bed was too comfortable to get out from. Besides, today is a Saturday, I could sleep in. I closed my eyes with the thought of falling asleep again.

My phone started vibrating on the bedside table, making a loud noise. I furrowed my eyebrows annoyed by whomever that was disturbing my Saturday-morning-sleep-in time. I ignored the call, it ended soon. Smiling, I relaxed and was about to fall asleep when it started vibration again.

“Aish! Who’s calling me at this time?!” I frustratedly yelled. Sitting cross legged on my bed, I took my phone and saw who the culprit disturbing my sleep was… Daehyun! I narrowed my eyes at the caller ID before picking up the call.

“Minnie~” Daehyun sang in his angelic voice.

“What?!” I almost yelled.

“Awwn~ I know it’s your Saturday-morning-sleep-in time~ but remember! You promised me you’ll be mine today!” He said in a cheery tone, I could practically imagine Daehyun smiling widely and almost jumping up and down. *Right! I forgot that I promised to be with him for the whole of today!*

“Did you forget? Ah~ Minnie-ah~ Don’t forget days like today! Today is an important day, where we spend time with each other, making friend ship memories~ now get off the bed and get ready! I’m on my way~ You better be ready by the time I get there. I’ll call~” He said all at once. He was about to hang up but I shouted.

“Wait! Where are we going?”

“I dunno~ Somewhere~ Now get ready for whatever we’re going to do today~” He sang and hung up before I could say anything else.

I groaned. * I bet we’re going to be spending the whole day eating.* I thought as I dragged myself to the bathroom. After showering, I wore a simple outfit before going downstairs.

I was walking to the kitchen to find oppa because he is usually up early making the perfect breakfast for me every Saturday, but I heard his voice from the living room. I was about to go to the living room area when I heard another voice. A low, deep and husky voice, which made me stop in my tracks and listen.

“Aniya. We should write it like this.”

“Wasn’t it supposed to be something similar to this one?” I heard channie oppa say.

“I should be fine either way. Both essays are similar anyway.” The owner of the deep voice said. I took a step forward when my phone rang. It was Daehyun. *He’s already here?* I picked it up.

“Yah! I’m outside the gates! Come out! I’m not going inside. Come out! Palli!” He said.

“Arasso! On my way~” I sang. Hanging up, I looked inside the living room. Hanging up, I looked inside the living room. *Could that be Oppa’s new friend?* I could only see the back of his head. He had dark brown hair, shorter than Oppa’s.

I smiled, happy that oppa finally found a good friend. I trust him that he found a good friend. They seemed like they were doing college work. Oppa never brought anyone home to finish any work. He had always thought it was better to do it alone. He didn’t like being paired with someone to do work, because he couldn’t trust them. But now oppa was actually working together with someone else.  Seeing him work like that made me more than happy.

I walked past and went out of the house, leaving oppa and his friend undisturbed to finish their work.

I saw Daehyun standing outside the gates, impatiently waiting for me to come out.

I sneaked up to him and poked his cheek, startling him.

“Oh Minnie~!” He shouted when he realized it was me. He suddenly lifted me up.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun, put me down!” I shouted.

“We’re gonna have the best day ever.” He shouted before putting me back down on my feet. I patted down my fringe.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked.

“Molla~” He sang. “Let’s go to Ahjumma’s café first!” He smiled widely before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. I shook my head, smiling. Daehyun being Daehyun as always.

 

“Hello Dearies~” Ahjumma welcomed us as we entered.

“Hello Ahjumma!” We both greeted her at the same time.

“Hey guys.” Jongup walked towards us with an empty tray in his hand. He was smiling his usual innocent and cute smile. I mean it, that smile makes everyone else who sees it smile too.

“Hello!”  I waved, smiling.

“Minnie, I see you’re doing as you promised.” He chuckled. “Go have a seat. There’s an empty table for two at the back over there.” He said, pointing to the back corner of the café.

“Arasso.” Daehyun said and pulled me, again.

“I’ll be there to get your order in a minute.” Jongup called out.

Jongup when to put the tray down and took a pen and a small book before coming to our table.

“So, what do you guys wanna have?” He asked, smiling. *Wah~ Jongup will never stop smiling. Ever. I think he would keep Eunnie happy with that smile~* I thought as Daehyun started listing out the things he wanted.

“Chocolate milkshake with whipped cream and a lot of ice cream, one slice of strawberry cheesecake, and one slice of the blueberry cheesecake and one of those chocolate lava filled cupcakes too.” Daehyun ended his list, already drooling over the food, by thinking about it.

“Alright. Minnie?”

“Strawberry stuffed ice cream cake!” I said in a cheery voice.

“That’s all?”

“Yeah, I don’t eat much in the morning. Plus, I have to save space for the rest of the day~” I giggled pointing my thumb at Daehyun. Jongup laughed before leaving to get our orders.

“How do you manage to not get fat after eating all those sweet stuff?” I asked, curiously looking at Daehyun who was eagerly waiting to Jongup to bring him his food.

“Minnie~ We’ve gone through this so many times. I eat. I do not gain weight. And I don’t know why!” He said smiling like an idiot at me. I laughed and lightly hit his forehead.

“Pabo”

“I may be an idiot, but I’m still your best friend.” He smiled lovingly. “You’re mine today, so no one is allowed to disturb us.” He said, trying to act stern but failing greatly because it was just impossible for Daehyun to be angry. At least I’ve never seen him angry before.

“How about Youngjae?”  I asked, trying to play with him.

“Nope. Youngjae is definitely not allowed to come between us! I won the battle of rock, paper scissors!” He nodded, satisfied with himself.

“Eunnie?” I asked.

“Nope. Not her either. No one!”

“Not even Zelo?” I showed puppy eyes.

“Well… maybe Zelo is an exception…” He trailed off and tapped his chin, thinking whether he was taking the right decision or not. “Nope. Not even Zelo!” He decided after a while, making me laugh. *oh Daehyun~*

After eating we paid and thanked Ahjumma and Jongup and left the café

“Daehyun-ah~ What do you think of Jongup and Eunnie?” I asked. I needed Daehyun and Youngjae on my side for the plan.

“I thought of that too.” Daehyun looked at me with happy eyes, already knowing what I was talking about.

“I think they’ll make a cute couple.” I said, imagining Jongup and Eunnie being a couple.

“Yeah. Did you see the way she blushes? I’ve never seen her so shy and alert like that.” Daehyun chuckled. “Eunnie is growing up~” He sang.

“So, are you in?” I asked, looking at Daehyun.

“Yes. And you know I’m a guy-”

“We all know you’re a guy, Daehyun.” I laughed.

“As I was saying…” He glared at me. “From a guy’s point of view, I think Jongup likes her.” He smiled.

“Omo. Chincha?”

“I’m pretty sure of it. They’re both so shy when they’re together.” He fanboyed.

“Okay , I got you into this. Now I need Youngjae’s opinion.” I was about to take my phone out when-

“Hey~ I thought I told you not to bring anyone else into our time together.” He pouted and I had to pinch his cheeks. Which made him pinch mine and we started playing a game of pinching war. After a few pinches it hurt so we ended up running away from each other.

It was my turn to pinch him and he was running away from me. We were now in a small park, chasing each other. I ran and jumped on his back, pinching his cheek while he shouted dramatically for help and jumping around to get me off his back. Laughing, I held on tightly refusing to let go. In the end we both fell together, laughing uncontrollably.

After a few minutes of lying there trying to catch our breaths I called to him.

“Daehyun-ah”

“Neh~” He sang again.

“Lets’ go to the Amusement Park.” I knew he had no place in mind to go to.

“Oh! Arasso. Let’s go~”

We headed to the amusement park and as soon as we entered I jumped up and down in excitement while Daehyun just laughed at my craziness.

“Which one are we going on-” Daehyun started but I cut him off.

“Rollercoaster!” I screamed and dragged Daehyun with me to the ride.

He kept poking me as we waited in the queue.

“Minnie~ Minnie-ah~” I ignored him. “I don’t like going on roller coasters and you know it.” I still ignored him.

Our turn came and I pulled him into the seat beside me.

He gripped my arm tightly when the ride started. He always disliked roller coasters. He gets scared but only for a while. Nothing big really happens, but I have a feeling he’ll kill me after the ride. Let’s just hope he doesn’t.

We went up the steep trail and Daehyun’s grip on my arms tightened.  Stopping at the top for a second, the roller coaster dove down at high speed. I was screaming in joy with my arms above my head, and Daehyun… He was hugging me tightly like his life depended on it. He was screaming too, but not because of joy but because of fear. I shook my head and laughed.

After the ride ended he wouldn’t let go of my arm. His eyes were wide and the grip on my arm was still as tight as ever. What I realized; a day out alone with Daehyun in the amusement park is not a good idea. I needed Youngjae to be with him when going on roller coasters. I have no idea why but the only person that could control how Daehyun acted on roller coasters is Youngjae.

I looked at Daehyun. He was still in the same state after 5 minutes of slowly walking around. Shaking my head with a smile, I knew what I had to do to make Daehyun be Daehyun again.

“DaeDae~ Fooood~” I sang, and he snapped out of it instantly.

“Where?! Where?!” Fully alert and looking around for food.

“There!!” I pointed to the cotton candy stall. His eyes widened seeing the cotton candy.

Pulling me to a bench He told me to sit and wait there for him. Then he ran and waited in the line at the cotton candy stall.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

I silently complained in my head about how long the line to the cotton candy stall was.

I waited and waited and at last there were only three more in line before me. The first two men bought theirs and left. What they were talking about caught my attention.

“We really have to find that Princess girl. She has to be here.”

“We followed them here. Pabo! It’s all your fault that we lost them here.”

“Yah! My love for food is more important.”

“No, it is not. Princess is more important. You could have at least taken a picture of the guy she was with.”

“Yah! That’s not my fault. You were busy texting your lady.”

“Agh! Either way, Boss is going to kill us if we are not successful in bringing her.”

“What does boss want from her anyway?”

“I don’t know. She’s pretty in the picture.”

My eyes widened. They are talking about Minnie! I saw them turn in the direction of the bench she was sitting at. Not caring about food anymore I ran at full speed to where Minnie was. She has to be safe no matter what.

Quickly running to her I looked behind. Those two men didn’t notice anything but they were really close to us. I had no idea how to hide her from them so I sat down.

“Daehyun? Where’s the cott-” I cut her off by pulling her face in front of mine, cupping both side of her face so that they couldn’t see her. She pushed on my chest trying to move a bit because the position we were in was really uncomfortable.

“Yah! Stop moving! Stay still!” I hissed and she stopped just in time as the men walked up to us.

“Aish! Where could that girl be?”

“Maybe they left. Maybe.”

“Seriously! Teenagers! All they do is make out in public places now. They have no life.” One of them said, referring to both of us.

“Tch.Yeah! Stupid Teenagers.”  The other man scoffed at us before walking past us.

We watched the two men leave the place thinking that we already left.

Minnie hugged me all of a sudden startling me.

“Thank you, Daehyun” Her voice trembled a little.

“No Problem Minnie.” I smiled at her and hugged her back.

After getting on a few more rides we decided to go back as it was starting to get dark.

On the ride back home on the bus, Minnie fell asleep. I was carrying her on my back towards the mansion when I saw Zelo on the way. He was walking towards the bus stop on the other side of the road

“Oh Zelo-ah!” I shouted.

He walked over to us I had an idea in mind so I put it in action.

“Zelo. It’s good that I met you on the way. I really don’t have time. My Omma called and asked to come back fast. Minnie fell asleep. You don’t mind taking her home, do you?” I said it all really fast and let Minnie’s feet touch the ground. I was glad things turned out this way.

Zelo shook his head to say that he didn’t mind taking her home. He had no expression on his face. I really wonder why this boy is so dead when he’s with us.

I helped Minnie on to Zelo’s back and waved goodbye and ran to the bus stop. I slowed down and looked back after a while. I saw that Zelo was walking in a slow and calm pace towards the mansion, taking as much time as he could to get to the mansion, so that he could spend more time with her.

*He really does have feelings for her.*

I smiled and left.


Hey all!

Sorry for the really late update! ><

I've been really busy and my laptop is not working properly.

I hope you like this update. 

I can't guarantee the next update to be soon.

I hope you understand. :)

Do subscribe and comment ^^

10th December 2013