Chapter 21

My Life

We slowly walked to Ahjumma’s café since it was close by.

Junhong suddenly touched my hand before lacing his fingers with my, awkwardly. I looked at our hands and then at him. My heart was beating fast at the sudden skin ship initiated by Junhong. I looked at the front, feeling the electricity passing from his hands to mine.

Entering the cafe’ I greeted Ahjumma.

“Oh Minnie dear~ Aren’t you supposed to be at school?”

“Neh, I wasn’t feeling well so I didn’t want to go today.” I said kindly.

“I see. Oh who’s this cute young boy? Minnie! Is he your boyfriend?”

“A-aniyo~ Ahjumma, this is Zelo” I introduced Junhong and he bowed kindly.

Since I have never seen this side of Junhong, it was totally new to me. My heart, felt warm and I smiled at the sight.

“Hello, Zelo. Feel free to come here any time you like.” Ahjumma said warmly.

Junhong bowed again.

“Go have a seat. What can I get for you cute kids today?” She said cheerfully.

“One medium fruit salad, 2 pieces of my favorite cake and a strawberry shake with lots of whipped cream on top!” I answered cheerfully.

“Okay! I’ll be back~” Ahjumma went off to prepare our order.

“You’re gonna eat all that?” Junhong asked with wide eyes, making you giggle.

“Ani. It’s not only for me… The fruit salad is for both of us. The 2 cake pieces are for you, because I know you’ll love it, and the shake is for me.” I smiled.

“B-but I can’t eat all that! Plus… I d-don’t have m-m-money with me… right now.” Junhong blushed as he hid his face with embarrassment.

“It’s not that much… You have to eat. Even though I told you to eat every meal properly, you don’t eat... So, I’m gonna have to make you eat!” I said with a smirk on my face and I saw him gulp. “Oh no need to worry about money, Junhong-ah, I’ll pay.” I said cheerfully.

“N-No! I can’t let you pay!! He said alarmed.

“Don’t worry. Its fine even I have to pay. Besides I always pay for the other three’s expenses at this café.”

“But I’m not them!”

“Junhong!” I covered his mouth with my hand. When did he become so talkative? “I’m paying and that’s final.” I said firmly. He sighed in defeat into my palm making my heart race. Retracting my hand I sat there like nothing happened.

“What about your parents? What if they find out you spent for someone they don’t know?!” He started again. I was kind of happy that he used ‘parents’ instead of ‘adoptive parents’ even though he knew the truth. I unconsciously smiled.

“They already know about you, Junhong and they like you too. They’ll be fine about it.” I said looking into his deep eyes.

“They know me?!  But they haven’t met me yet!” He said shocked.

“Well then, you’ll meet them soon.” I laughed at how he was acting right now.

Ahjumma brought our orders.

“Eat up, kids!” She said brightly. I noticed she was much happier ever since Jongup came back.

Junhong took a small bite of the cake. Ahjumma who knew me very well, brought the strawberry stuffed ice-cream cake. Junhong’s eyes widened.

“This is delicious!” He exclaimed, not knowing that Ahjumma was still standing there.

“Oh my! You have a cute voice.” Ahjumma pinched Zelo’s cheeks. “Zelo-ah! Is there any particular favorite that you want? I could make it for you every time you come here. Being my regular customer, Minnie’s boyfriend, you can get your favorites for free!” She smiled widely.

“Ahjumma! He’s not my boyfriend-!”  I whined.

“Yet. So, Zelo, any favorites?” She cut me off.

“Cherry tomato salad…” He said softly.

“So cute. As cute as cherry tomatoes! I’ll bring them right now!” Ahjumma rushed to make him cherry tomato salad.

I watched him eat the cake while I drank my strawberry shake. It was nice to see him eat.

“So… You like Cherry tomatoes?” I said breaking the silence. He nodded.

We started eating the fruit salad and accidentally poked the same piece of strawberry. He took away his fork shyly and was about to take another piece.

“Say, ah!” I said making him glare at him. *again with the glare?* “Junhong-ah, say ah!” I said as I put the fork with the strawberry in front of his mouth.

He slowly opened his mouth and ate it. I smiled at my success.

“Here you go, Zelo dear!” Ahjumma chirped and placed a bowl of cherry tomato salad in front of him.

“T-Thank you…” Junhong thanked her.

“No problem.” She left. I smiled at the cute Junhong who was eating the salad just the way Daehyun eats his cheesecake.

After paying for the food, we left. Slowly walking, he held your hand again. This time it felt more comfortable.

“Junhong-ah.” I called him. He hummed in response.

“Where do you live?” I asked cautiously, afraid that his bright side might leave him. I waited for him to say something, but he didn’t. So, I didn’t ask about it again.

We walked, not really caring about where we went.

I noticed that we were heading towards a place full of alleyways, all dark and scary. The area looked dirty, there were graffiti on the walls, and the air wasn’t so fresh. I looked behind me. A cool breeze rushed past us, sending chills down my spine. I was scared. I didn’t understand how we got here. I looked at Junhong. He didn’t seem to worry that we were in some creepy place. He just had a frown on his face.

I trusted him, I knew he wouldn’t just go and sell me off to someone.

“Junhong…” I called his name softly, creeped out by the atmosphere.

He placed his skate board on the ground. We were close to alleyway, and I heard disgusting sounds. He put one foot on the skateboard.

“Get on!” He said, going back to his cold self. I didn’t know how to ride a skate board and I started trembling. I looked at him.

He pulled me on the skate board. I had both my feet on and I was facing his chest. He hugged me tight in a way of telling me that he wouldn’t let anything happen to me.

Pushing forward with his feet, he started going faster. I tightened my arms around him.

“Don’t look.” He said as we were getting close to an alleyway.

I closed my eyes as we went faster and faster. I heard disgusting sounds, they would fade away and comeback. I assumed that we were going past a lot of alleyways at full speed.

I had my eyes shut tightly and my face buried in his chest.

“Hey! There goes that skateboard boy!” I heard someone say.

Junhong suddenly stopped and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs and arms around him before he let go. I heard him take his skate board in his hand and the sound of a key turning in its lock.  I heard the sound of a door opening before slamming shut and the lock turning again.

Junhong leaned against the door, breathing heavily. I opened my eyes slowly. My heard was beating too fast. Both because I was scared and realizing that I was hugging him. But I was still trembling. I guess he felt it because he started comforting me.

“It’s gonna be okay. I won’t let anything happen. So don’t worry, okay?” He whispered softly into my ear.

Slowly I let go of him and stood on my own feet.

“Sorry…” He said softly.

“Aniyo~ it’s okay!” I smiled

“Uhh… This is where I live…” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked around… It was a small congested house. There was a tiny living room with a TV and a small worn out couch. The living room was connected with the kitchen which was small as well. There was another door which I assumed was the bedroom.

I looked at Junhong; he was looking at me with an expression I couldn’t read. He must be regretting bringing me here. He must be thinking that, I, the rich princess girl wouldn’t like people like this. *–sigh- People judge me way too much*

“Junhong-ah, do you live alone?” I asked.

He shook his head. “I live with my hyung…” He said softly.

“How much do you pay for this place?” I asked.

“***** Won” My eyes widened. (A/N: I don't know anything about Korean money. >///<)

“Junhong.  How do you pay that much?!  The amount is way too high for a place like this!” I said surprised by the amount.

“Hyung works and pays for it.” He said quietly.

I looked around the place and sighed. Waking to the couch, I sat down. Junhong came and sat down next to me.

“How long have you been living here?” I asked.

“About… 3 years now.” He spoke softly.

“Who’s your hyung?” I kept asking questions. That was the only way to make him talk. I knew he wouldn’t tell me anything on his own. I was surprised that he didn’t feel uncomfortable with me asking loads of questions. I felt that he was starting to trust me.

“Yon-”

My phone started vibrating.

“Oh it’s Eunnie!” I picked it up and put it on speaker, knowing that three people would be shouting through the phone at once.

“Minnie!!!” Eunnie, Daehyun and Youngjae shouted.

“Why aren’t you here?! We’ve been worried sick! Where are you? Did something happen?” They bombarded me with questions. I giggled.

“I didn’t feel like going to school today…” I said.

“Oh My God! Minnie just skipped school for the first time!!” Youngjae screamed.

“Oh! Oh! Zelo isn’t here either!!” Eunnie said in a panicked tone.

“Oh, I’m with him right now. And nothing really happened.” I said quietly. I looked at Junhong and he shook his head at how crazy the three were.

“Oooooh~!” Daehyun sang. They all laughed.

“Minnie! No hiding! I know something’s up! Tell us!!” Youngjae the brainy said.

“Uh! Seriously, Youngjae! You three know me too well!”

“Hey! We aren’t your best friends for nothing!” They said together, making me laugh.

I told them about last night and how I met Junhong this morning and how we decided to skip school.

“I see… So you both okay now? What about Himchan hyung?” Daehyun sighed relieved.

“Yeah. He’s okay. He had a lot of bruises. I told him to stay in bed.”

“He must have made a fuss about that!” Eunnie giggled.

“He did.” I said.

“Does he know you’re skipping school?” Youngjae asked.

“Yeah. He found a few minutes later.” I laughed.

“He wouldn’t be Himchan hyung if he didn’t know where you were!” Daehyun chuckled and in the background I heard the school bell ring.

“Oh! We gotta go! Bell just rang!”

“Arasso! Bye!!”

“Bye Minnie!!!” The three of them screamed together.

I looked at Junhong. His lips were turned up into a tiny smile.

“You know… You look adorable when you smile…” I said unconsciously and then my eyes widened.

After a while of sitting in comfortable silence, he spoke.

“They know you very well…” He said referring to Eunnie, Daehyun and Youngjae.

“Ah! Neh! Eunnie and I have known each other since we were 8 and the boys have known me since I was 10. They were the people who wanted me for who I am and not my money.”  I smiled and he nodded.

“Junhong-ah… This place inst safe… You can come and stay at my place… Please…” I looked at him with worry.

“A-Ani … I wouldn’t want be a burden…”

“But you won’t be a burden to-”

“No!” His voice became as cold as ice and he glared at me.

I sighed, zipping up my mouth.

He stood up and went o his room. I followed him. I was a small room with one big mattress. I looked around the room with a sad expression.

“Stay in the living room.” He said coldly, but I stayed where I was.

He took his shirt off and that’s when I saw the scar that went down from his collarbone, properly.

“Junhong…” I said and he growled.

How come I never saw the scare when he was in the hospital?

I tried recalling the day when oppa made a fuss about me seeing Junhong shirtless. *Oh. Right! He had a towel around his neck.*

“How did you…” I gestured at his chest. He gave a death glare before wearing another shirt and pulling me out with him.

“Yah! Junhong- ah! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” My voice getting softer and softer as I spoke.

He stopped pulling me and I looked down. He pulled me into a hug. I knew from that, that he trusts me but he isn’t ready to tell. I wrapped my arms around him, to show that it’s okay and that he could tell me when he’s ready

He let go and stayed in front of me.

“Mianhae…” I looked at him. He shook his head with a small smile.


HELLO <3

I'm just updating chapter 21 because I got a bit of time to type it in. ^^

And also because November is too faraway. 

I felt bad making you guys wait so long. :'<

So this will be the last chapter, I can't garantee that though. :)

If I get some time with my laptop then I might update again ;)

I was gonna update day before yesterday, but my internet connection went and I couldnt update. >.<

So, do you guys like this chapter? :D

Zelo and Minnie are getting closer to eachother :'D

BADMAN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget comment and subscribe ^.^

Love you guys very much <3

08.08.13