Chapter 27

My Life

I walked to Eunnie’s house, which wasn’t very far or very close to the mansion. I figured it was better to walk than go in the limo; some fresh air couldn’t hurt, right? I rang the doorbell and got greeted by her mother; she’s a wonderful and loving woman. I skipped to Eunnie’s room to find that she wasn’t there; she normally spends time in her room. I dropped the bags on her bed and ran out to ask Eunnie’s mom where Eunnie was, only to see her sitting cross legged in the backyard of her house. “There you are.” I said to myself and walked towards her. She seemed so engrossed in her own thoughts she didn’t even notice me coming.

“Hey…” I said as I sat down next to her but she still didn’t notice. I waved my hand in front of her face, poked her arm but no response. An idea came to my mind and I smirked. I went closer to her ear and whispered, ‘Jongup is here’ and that really did the trick. She jumped up quickly straightening her clothes and patting down her hair which had blown is all directions, by the slight wind, as she sat here.

I was doubling over from laughter. *Oh dear... Uri Eunnie is really in love* She looked around, then saw me and glared at me before sitting back down and hugging my arm.

“Oh Minnie! I’m so glad you’re here. You wouldn’t believe what happened yesterday.” She said and squealed. Playing along I asked, “What happened?”

She started telling me that Jongup came and met her at the mall when I left to buy ice-cream. Then she stopped and asked where I had gone off to and I replied saying that I had gone to get ice-cream with a smug smile. She just narrowed her eyes at me and continued.

“Well anyway, we walked side by side, oh my god can you realize how much I’ve always wanted to do that… you know me and Jongup alone… I mean, I haven’t told you have I? That I like Jongup? Oh and you know what happened next? He held my hand. Oh my god! Minnie I was freaking out! That’s the first time a guy had held my hand you know… other than Daehyun and Youngjae, they don’t count. And then we walked to a park and we sat down… I felt a bit awkward and excited and I knew I was blushing from head toe by then and maybe he was feeling awkward too, I don’t know… and then guess what happened! He kissed my cheek! I could have been the happiest girl ever! Then he took my hand and asked me if I would be his girlfriend…” She trailed off and I waited for her to continue but she didn’t.

“And?” I asked.

“…And I didn’t reply… Oh Minnie was stupid! I was so stupid! Why couldn’t I have replied instantly! Instead I sat there like a statue with my mouth open! I can’t believe it Minnie I ruined a perfectly good moment… when I took too long he told me I didn’t have to give an answer straight away and that he was fine and he went saying that his mom was gonna need help at the café… Oh Minnie!” She threw her arms around me and rested her head on my shoulder. “What am I going to do?! What if he has given up on me by now?! What if he thinks I don’t like him?! Minnie!!” She wailed. I was a bit surprised hearing what happened after we left.

“You like him don’t you?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Then you should go and tell him.”

“I should, shouldn’t I?” She sighed

“Yes you should!” I told her

“Now?” She asked.

“Why wait?!” I smiled at her.

She stood up and looked down at herself. “I should dress pretty! Come; pick out a pretty dress for me, Minnie!” She gave her hand and I held it and we ran to her room.

We chose a pretty pale pink dress from the dresses we bought yesterday. After dressing prettily she stood in front of the mirror looking at herself, unsure if what she was doing was right.

“Everything is going to be fine.” I assured her.

“Alright then. I’m going to tell him now.” She walked out of the room and to the door but then I heard running footsteps coming back to the room again.

“Where is he?!” She asked and I burst out laughing.

“He’ll be at the café right now.” I said and walked out with her. She went towards the café and I wished her luck before walking the other way. I wanted to take a walk… on my own.

 

*Oppa… Are you really alive…? Please be... I miss you so much. Would you be able recognize me if you found me? Could we have already found each other without realizing…? No… that can’t be… you wouldn’t have changed much. I regret it so much Oppa… I should have stayed with you… We should be together now… You told me you’ll find me… or did you give up? It’s been 10 years Oppa… where are you? Should I come find you? You told me not to… but how can I not when it’s been so long and you still haven’t come for me… Do you want me to assume you’re dead-*

I was brought back to reality by a black van which was slowly moving beside me. I started walking faster but I could see from the corner of my eye that it was following me. I was starting to get scared now. I looked around and saw no one in sight. What should I do? While I was trying to make a plan the van stopped and a man dressed in full black came out of the van and I got so scared, I did the only thing I could do. I ran and he ran after me with the van following behind us.

I turned around to see if the man was close behind me and since there wasn’t anyone, I wasn’t expecting to crash into anyone.

I heard wheels rolling fast on the ground and just as I looked up, arms wrapped around my waist from the back, lifting me onto a skateboard. However, at the same time the man reached out and caught my sleeve, but his grip wasn’t strong enough so he had let go as we sped up.

I looked over my shoulder at the guy behind me; he was wearing a black mask and a black beanie that covered his whole forehead. So the only part of his face I could see was his eyes. I tensed a bit, thinking that this guy was helping those men. Maybe he felt me tense up and I felt his face next to my ear.

“Relax, it’s me.” Junhong; his voice, I would never forget. I relaxed instantly but got a little blush, realizing he still had his arms around my waist from the back. We were going fast, the wind was slapping at my face. Then I heard an engine; Junhong and I looked back and saw that the van had started following us.

“Junhong, go faster, its following us.” I said and he pushed off with his feet a few times and we were going really fast.

I kept my eyes on the van, not long later with the van still following us, Junhong shouted. “Hyungs! Run!” I looked and saw Daehyun and Youngjae who were drinking bubble tea from the same cup, looking at us as if they just saw a ghost.

The van was almost up to us and I called out to them as well. “Run!!” Their eyes widened understand the situation and threw the bubble tea cup and started running. Junhong and I were in the lead with them following us as fast as they could and the van beside us. Junhong made a sharp turn to the right in to an alleyway. It was a way to take a shortcut to the mansion and it would give us time to get away. We got to the other street and we were only a few blocks away from the mansion. The van was not in sight so we had a chance to get to the mansion.

And as we got close to the gates of the mansion I shouted for the guard to open the gates and as me and Junhong went in I told the guards to close the gates as soon as possible. Daehyun and Youngjae were able to get in as the gates closed and for the first time I was worried about not being able to stop. We were going straight for the water fountain with Junhong trying to stop.

“Junhong! Stop!” I screamed.

“I can’t!” He screamed back. “On the count of three, we jump off together, okay?!”

“1… 2! 3! Jump!” We jumped off and the skate board went straight at the fountain. Well… it all went well until… *crash!* Daehyun and Youngjae came running into us and now all four of us were sprawled on the ground, groaning in pain.

Breathing heavily, I sat up. I saw Junhong lying next to me, breathing heavily too. Seeing Daehyun and Youngjae made me raise my eyebrows in question and amusement. Youngjae was on top of Daehyun, holding him tightly with his eyes squeezed shut. Anyone would have thought they were together: drinking from the same cup, holding on to each other for dear life.

Junhong sat up and laughed; I looked at him and laughed too. Daehyun and Youngjae sat up too, laughing. It was like a contagious laughing disease.

“That was fun.” He said then looked at Daehyun and Youngjae and did something none of us would have thought he would ever do. He started teasing them.

“Hyungs, why were you both drinking from the same cup? Were you accidentally on purpose indirectly kissing each other? Were you??” Junhong was trying not to laugh but he burst out laughing. Daehyun and Youngjae were blushing bright pink and trying to get as far from each other as possible. I looked at Junhong, amused, and then laughed with him.

 

Author POV

Eunnie stood in front of the café door, her heart beating way too fast. She breathed in and out to calm down but her heart was still beating fast. She patted her chest twice, cleared and entered the café, biting her lip as she looked around for Jongup.

“EunHee?”

 Eunnie Jumped and looked to her left to see Jongup holding a tray of drinks and smiling at her. She thought she might melt on the spot from that smile.

“Ah, Jongup...” She laughed awkwardly.

“Wait a moment, let me just go give the customer’s drinks.” He said with a smile. Eunnie nodded as he went and placed the drinks at the customer’s table and walked back. Placing the tray on an empty table beside us he stood in front of her, waiting for her to speak.

Eunnie started fiddling with her fingers and trying to speak making hand movements that people would normally do as they talked, but no voice came.

When she wasn’t able to speak Jongup turned and went over to the counter. She thought he got annoyed and so she bit her lip hard took a deep shaky breath and looked down, cursing at herself for being so stupid.

Then she saw Jongup’s legs, he was standing in front of her again, smiling. She looked up and saw a red rose in his hand.

“Lee EunHee, Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked, again, giving her the rose.

She smiled, took the rose and said yes as she laughed happily. She skipped to Jongup and hugged him. Jongup grinned widely, wrapping his arms around her.

“Eunnie, dear?” Ahjumma called from the counter. The two let go of each other looking at Jongup’s omma.

“Omma… She’s my girlfriend…” He bit his lip looking at his omma cautiously.

“Omona! Chinchayo? My Jongup has really grown to be a perfect young gentleman.” She smiled.

Eunnie laughed as Jongup wrapped at arm around her waist.

 

 


I am so so so sorry for not updating. ;n;

I really haven't been in the writing mood these past few days.

Please forgive me *bbuing bbuing*

I'm not sure but I'll make sure I update the next chapter faster. :)

Though I'm really glad you all stayed patiently. :DD

Really, you guys are the best. ^^

I hope you guys liked this chapter. :D

Don't forget to Comment, Subscribe and Up vote. 

I  LOVE YOU ALL! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Tuesday, 11 March 2014.