Chapter 1

My Life

 

Your POV - 6 years old.

     I was walking down the quiet, dark road with my brother late at night. It was something we always did. I felt happy because although he’s busy throughout the day, he’d find time for me even it it’s at night. I felt grateful to have a brother like that. He is the only family I had left.

       “Gomawo… oppa.”

       “Oh! Waeyo?”  He asked, surprised that I thanked him all of a sudden.

      “For taking me out on walks like this. For spending time with me and making me happy even when you’re busy. Even if it’s night time I don’t mind as long as I get to spend time with you. Gomawo oppa, for everything you’ve done for me.” I gave him my cute smile.

      “Aye! Sometimes I really wonder whether you’re really a 6 year old. Tsk tsk. Too smart to be a 6 year old.” I giggled at his statement. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

     “I’m sorry baby girl, for not being able to spend much time with you. You know I’m a busy man, right? I know you’ll understand. Nothing will be perfect, remember that, okay?

      “Neh, oppa. Oppa is working hard to give me a good life in the future. I don’t mind oppa working hard as long as you spend some time with me.” I said while swinging my arm back and forth.

       “Aigoo. Baby girl.” He said and pinched my cheeks.

        We walked in silence. I was holding oppa’s hand and letting the light breeze blow my hair in all directions.

       I remembered the night when we went on a walk like this, oppa told me about omma and appa. He also told me that I had a twin sister. I got so excited when he told me that, I asked where she was and when I could meet her, but what I didn’t know was that she was dead. It was something I couldn’t believe. Somehow I knew that she couldn’t be dead. I don’t think I will ever be able to believe the fact that omma, appa and also my twin sister are dead.

       I was a crying mess that night. I couldn’t understand it. Why did everyone except oppa die? It took me about a week to get used to the feeling and to control my emotions when it came to talking about families. Out of everything, all I want is my oppa to stay by my side.

       To make a living,  oppa started working. I don’t know what he does or where he works. I respected his decision. I never questioned about his work. After making me breakfast everyday he would leave without waking me up and come late at night. I do get curious but I never asked about his work. Somehow I felt as if it was something I shouldn’t know.

        I gave a sigh and oppa looked at me like he was asking me if anything was wrong. I shook my head and asked oppa to carry me on his back. I rested my chin on oppa’s shoulder allowing the light cold breeze to caress my face. But the calm and quietness didn’t stay for long.

      The next thing I heard was a loud gunshot from behind us. Oppa put me down on the ground and both of us turned around to see what it was. I didn’t understand what was happening. I looked at oppa. He looked like he was scared and angry at the same time.

         I  looked in front and saw three big men running towards us. One had a gun pointing at oppa. The other had a baseball bat. The last one just looked scary with a lot of muscles. I held onto oppa’s hand. The environment turned scary and I could sense that this was something bad.

        The muscle-man was coming closer and oppa hurriedly knelt down in front of me holding on my arms, making me face him.

        “Min Jin. Baby girl. Oppa needs you to run as far as you can. Don’t come back okay? Oppa promise you that oppa will come back for you. Don’t look for me. Just run and don’t come back. Oka-“

         Muscle-man came and punched him on the side making him fall to the ground in pain.

         I always believed oppa and obeyed him, but this time I couldn’t do what he’s asking me to do. I just can’t leave him.

        I was trembling with fear now. Tears streamed down my face as I thought of what they might do to oppa. I was about to walk to him and help him up when muscle-man kicked him hard causing me to let out a scream.

        “OPPAAA!!” I started running towards him when he shouted.

        “NO! Min Jin! Go!! Run! Oppa promise you that oppa will come back! GO!!!” I nodded but I didn’t want to leave oppa.

         I knew I had to do it. For oppa and myself. So I ran, not looking back, but one of the men started running after me. From his heavy slow footsteps I knew he was not that fit.

       “Yah! You little ! Come back here!” the man shouted as he ran after me. Thanks to the running exercises oppa gives me on some of the nights, I am able to run a long distance without getting so tired. But he did catch up to me. He lifted me off the ground while I struggled, screamed and kicked to get out of his grip. While kicking I accidentally kicked his crotch area causing him to yelp in pain and let go of me. I fell on the ground with a thud. I took the chance to run away again. Wiping the tears in my eyes as I ran. I had no idea where I was going.

       In a distance I suddenly heard a gunshot which made me stop running immediately. My eyes grew big as the though came into my head. I wanted to scream, shout, do whatever. 

         I fell on my knees, tired and weak. Tears didn’t seem to stop streaming down my face. I sobbed loudly.

      “This can’t be happening….. oppaa…. Oppaaa don’t leave me…” I screamed and sobbed. I sat there crying n the middle of the empty pavement until I heard thuds coming closer. It sounded like footsteps of two or three people. I looked back and saw the same three men from before running towards me.

         *I need to get away. I can’t let them catch me* I got up and started running again.

        “LOOK! There she is!! “I heard one of them say. I ran faster and faster I was running out of breathe. I ran till I could no longer see them from behind. I slowed down my running and slowly walked until I found a big empty park ahead. I went to the park and behind a bush that would hide me fully. I didn’t want to face any more scary things tonight. I lied down and cried.

        *now I have no one left. Oppa died. Omma and appa too. I have no idea where my sister is. I’m all alone now* I thought as I cried myself to sleep.


Hello lovely readers ^_^

Here's the first chapter for you guys. 

In this it's starting with you being a 6 year old. This is not the past.  

I may not be able to update the next chapter soon, but i will try. :/

So how do you like the first chapter? 

Thankyou very very much for the subscribers. <3

Don't forget to leave a comment. :)

Saranghae my lovely readers <3 :D

15/05/2013.