Marriage and Commitment

Perfect World
Fan Fiction

 

 

Days that followed,and Hebe learned the ropes of being a wife and a homemaker.Mama taught her how to cook and manage the house,including how to shop for bargains.Everything seems so new to her,as she embraced her new role.The topic of getting a job was pushed under the rug,since Jiro refused to discuss it at all.

Days followed by weeks and months.And Hebe have not heard anything from her family,she stopped asking Ella if there is anything new.She have not talked to her brother too since she left the house,she wondered if he is still in the States or back in Taiwan.He is supposed to be due back anytime soon.

And then Ella came by during the day.She is her only connection in her old world.

"Hebe ,did you know that your brother is back home?"Ella said. "I saw him yesterday and he was asking about you.He wants to see you,but I want to ask you first."

"Really my brother have asked for me?" Hebe said."I missed him too,I want to see him Ella."

"So I will just give your address,is that okay with you?"
Ella asked.

"No,just set up a meeting for us."Hebe said."Maybe tomorrow tell him I will see him tomorrow,Jiro may not like the idea of me contacting my family again."

"Why?" Ella asked."They are your family Hebe and no matter what they are your flesh and blood.I don't think he would mind seeing your brother."

Hebe can only sighed.Jiro can be so proud sometimes.

Hebe met Calvin in a restaurant in the city.And she was so happy to see her brother again.She cried when she saw him as they hugged each other.

"So how is my baby sister?"Calvin said."Are you alright?"

Hebe nodded"I could not been happier."Hebe said."Jiro is a good man,Calvin"

"I know,I know"Calvin said."You don't have to worry about me. Whatever makes my sister happy,I'll support you ,whatever decision you make."

"So ,how about you?Any girlfriends ,engagement or anything?" Hebe asked."I have not heard any girl,since you broke up with Angela?"

"No,nothing,I have been quite busy,Dad has not been feeling well lately,and I have slowly sort of taking over his place." Calvin said.

"What do you mean?" Hebe said."Is he sick Calvin?"

"Not really,but you know,he must have taken to heart that you left the house,and you know,you are his princess.Dad loves you a lot,Hebe."Calvin said.

Hebe's eyes watered thinking about his Dad.She forgot that they were hurting too."I missed them too Calvin,more than you'll ever know."Hebe said."But they already disowned me.I am not a daughter to them anymore."

"Why don't you come and visit him,it will make him feel better to see you again."Calvin said.

"But if they cannot accept my husband,I think that will be impossible."Hebe said."My life is with Jiro now,Calvin .My life is with my husband now."

"I know,and Dad is still as stubborn as ever,knowing it is hurting him."Calvin said."Maybe in time,maybe in time."

Hebe nodded.It feels so good to see her brother again ,after all this time.They were so close growing up.He was always there for her,always to make her happy and protect her,just like a true brother.

"I have something for you,I bought it for you when I came from the States"Calvin said."I hope you like it."

"Thank you."Hebe said."But I don't know"

"What do you mean?"Calvin asked.

"No nothing."Hebe said."Thank you Calvin and it is nice to see you again" as she hugged her brother once more and left.

When she got home and checked the stuff that Calvin gave her.It is designer bags and shoes and clothes that cost a bundles.She wondered what will be Jiro's reaction when he sees those.She does not think it will sit well with her husband,knowing how proud he is.How come her background still haunts her even if she turned her back from them for him?

Jiro was quiet when she told her about her meeting with her brother.He just listen to every words she said and frown when he noted the gifts that her brother gave her.He did not say a word.He just looked at her with a sad eyes as he left her thinking what is his true feelings about all of this.Hebe can only sighed and hope.