Perfect World

Perfect World

 

There was white clouds everywhere,as Jiro and Hebe was being pulled away by a powerful force.Their hands reaching out to each other.I have to tell him I love him,he have to know,her mind telling her over and over again.He loves me too,Jiro loves me too,as she tried to fight her way out from the white clouds that seems to envelope her...

And then Hebe woke up.She was drenched in sweat,her hands shaking....When was the last time she drank or ate anything.She could not remember.Her mind is foggy,and she could not make out anything in the room.Suddenly she felt her lips parched and feel like taking something to quench it thirst.She got up and saw a tray somewhere with food and drinks,She grabbed a can and squeezed the content on dripping sweet juices on her face ,her hands shaking.She finished the entire content not minding the mess she made as she was seated on the carpet of her room.

After a few minutes,her mind start to clear up and felt the pain again.But this time she have Jiro's face on her memory and the words he have spoken in the dream.He promised me,she told herself,he promised me to love me for always.She got up and headed for the bathroom to shower.

The next day,Hebe heard the knock on her door.And then came her Dad and her Mom.She did not move.She stayed on her bed barely looking at them.Her face pale,her eyes dark,her lips dry and peeling off,her hands wrinkly and dry....showing signs of dehydration.

Mr Tian took pity at the sight of her daughter who is being stubborn to the point of being irrational.He hated that guy even more for having such power over her.Hebe is her princess and to see her like this, was like breaking his own heart.He wondered if he made a mistake in saying all those words to him.

Mrs Tian went to seat on the side of the bed, and started to touch her face and hair,but Hebe just pulled herself away,like a child pouting and crying because she did get her toys or things did not go her own way.Hebe was always like that ,she have her own way of twisting her Fathers arm, but this one is different from the previous ones.This is her life and the wealth that they have worked on their entire life.What if the guy is only after their wealth? Then Hebe will get hurt in the end.The ending will still be the same,Hebe will be hurt,Mrs Tian thought.

"Hebe,come on sweetheart,you have to eat something."Mrs Tian said."You look so pale and dry already.Let the maid bring you something to eat or even drink."

Hebe remained mum.She refused to look at them.She could not cry anymore,she ran out of tears to shed.She played at her fingers,until they are done talking to her.She barely listen,she does need to know what do they have to say,as she shut them out from her world.

When she look up again ,they were gone.She let out a sigh and went back to sleep.Suddenly she felt so tired and she need to sleep.

When Hebe woke up,it is already dark outside.She was feeling so dry and found a tray in the table and drank the water on the glass.She still feel whoosy as she went to the bathroom and showered.She changed to a jeans and blouse and put on her sneakers.She checked their house around and saw only the maids as she sneak her way to the garage and took one of the car and drove herself out in the house.She found herself in her apartment.She went inside,Somehow she felt safer in this place as she lay in the sofa.She was so tired...

While walking around aimlessly that afternoon,Jiro found himself in Selina's door.He does not know,but somehow at this time,she needs her friendship more than anything else.
They have been friends forever and so it seems.

Selina opened the door and was surprised to see Jiro standing there.She have not seen him since his birthday.In as much as she wants to see him more often,but the image of Hebe has been stopping her and the way Jiro looked at Hebe clearly says that Jiro was so in love with her.She does not want to be the complications in their relationship.After all she does not have any rights now,after she gave up on him and choose the life she was in, as a kept woman.

One look at his face,and it clearly shows everything.The pain in his eyes is there,and as she locked him in an embrace and feel the sadness that enveloped him.No words are needed,her friend needs her now.

"Are you alright?"Selina asked after the outpouring of emotions.

Jiro shook his head but forced a smile."I wished life can be simple.Why can't we be like a child again and our only worry is where we are going to play and what we are going to do the next day.Remember how we used to play by the hill."

Selina smiled remembering old times.Yes life is so simple then."Yeah and remember how we used to seat on the roof of our house and tell stories until it is dark.And we were eating chips and drinking sodas in the can,and how we have to share the drinks,because we don't have enough money.".

"And how you cry when you always lost when we play,and how we saved money so that we can watched a movie."Jiro added.His eyes lighting up in a moment."How I hate those drama movies that you made me watch and how you hate my Kungfu movies.And you always cry when I have to demonstrate my moves to you cause I always end up missing my spot and hitting you instead." as Jiro shook his head.Life is a lot easier then and happier?No his happier days are with Hebe and the pain resurfaced again.

"I have to go now,it is getting late."Jiro said."Thanks for dinner and thank you for spending time with your lonely friend here."

Selina smiled"Anytime Jiro,you know I will always be here.I hope you find your happiness soon."

"Did you find yours?"Jiro can't help but asked as he looked in her eyes.

Selina looked away"I don't know...maybe..I thought I have it for a while but it seems I lost it..I lost it forever."

Jiro felt the tug in his heart,somehow he knew that she was talking about him.And it pained him that he could not helped out her friend for that matter,as he got up and left.

Jiro walked slowly on the way home.Still thinking about Selina and thinking about the state that she was in.She still have feelings for him that he knows.But he does not love her anymore like he used to do.The only thing that he can offer now is friendship and that Selina knows.There is only one person who can give him happiness and that is Hebe...as he took a deep breathe to let the pain get out of his system but it is not happening.

And as he turned the corner to their house...there stood Hebe leaning to one of the wall unable to carry herself anymore.She looked ghastly white and her eyes dark as she look at him.All she can utter is "Jiro.."as she almost fell on the ground and Jiro ran to hold her...Jiro holding Hebe in her arms as tears fell.Holding her and not wanting to let her go and Hebe lays limped in his arms....